You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Their managerial appointment is going to be crucial. Look at the players we've attracted and signed since Klopp came Vs Hodgson, Rodgers etc. Obviously they're aren't us in terms of having any sort of history worth talking about, but today's young players don't care what we did 30 years ago. They want to believe that they can come and play good football and be in with a chance of winning something. If they can attract an inspiring manager they might be able to build on that, sign some quality, reach the lofty heights of 7th in the table

Went out for a run before and noticed that a Hungry Horse chain pub around 10-15 mins from mine has a giant red banner draped over the entrance. Has a message to the effect of: 'Best of luck, Liverpool, from all the staff at Hungry Horse. Bring the cup home. Watch the game here. Allez allez allez!'

Could just imagine the fewwm from the blue clientele: "Look, love, I know I promised you a big plate steak tonight but we're taking our business to a Sizzler now."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Their managerial appointment is going to be crucial. Look at the players we've attracted and signed since Klopp came Vs Hodgson, Rodgers etc. Obviously they're aren't us in terms of having any sort of history worth talking about, but today's young players don't care what we did 30 years ago. They want to believe that they can come and play good football and be in with a chance of winning something. If they can attract an inspiring manager they might be able to build on that, sign some quality, reach the lofty heights of 7th in the table

They’re going to spend huge amounts of money just to achieve mediocrity, aren’t they.

Hopefully Everton are becoming toxic. Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce, whoever the new manager is. That's a lot of managers in a short space of time - unless you're real madrid or chelsea or someone like that then that turnover that never ends well.

Plus who is going to go there? They've not really got anything going for them. To get anyone decent they're going to have to overpay - again. Looks like they've sacked the current manager without having the next one signed up - again.

Nothing going for them? What about the £500 million warchest and new 100k seat stadium???

Seriously, why would you not go for Arsene Wenger if you were Everton?

West Ham have pinched probably their best way forward.

Anyway, I for one am looking forward to the ""Wenger Out" campaign, northern division" banners.

• Upvote 1

Usnanov will probably be too busy worrying about his visa to invest in another club.

According to my Bitter mate Kenwright is out and Usmanov is coming in. I reminded him he still has shares in Arsenal and he replied "yeah. Getting rid of them has no say in the club". What difference will there be if he goes to Everton??

No but it'll be Silva. They'll probably need to pay Watford some "sorry" money

Sorry? For what? The bastions of integrity would never illegally approach someone. Never. Ever. It’s not the Everton way. They are like an oasis in the desert of World Football. For everything that’s wrong in football, Everton are a shining light among the darkness and wrongdoing that goes on in the game today. Class, integrity and honesty. The people’s club.

• Upvote 1

My 5 year old son said to me last night "Do you know what Everton's fans shout when they don't score any goals Dad?  Booooo"

After laughing I asked him where he'd heard that and he told me he'd seen them do it on the telly.  5 years old and he's already worked them out!

• Upvote 5

Went out for a run before and noticed that a Hungry Horse chain pub around 10-15 mins from mine has a giant red banner draped over the entrance. Has a message to the effect of: 'Best of luck, Liverpool, from all the staff at Hungry Horse. Bring the cup home. Watch the game here. Allez allez allez!'

Could just imagine the fewwm from the blue clientele: "Look, love, I know I promised you a big plate steak tonight but we're taking our business to a Sizzler now."

Negged for going for a run, rather than spending the afternoon in the pub, eating and drinking.

• Upvote 3