You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 18/08/2022 at 08:35, Shooter in the Motor said:

Dele Alli going to Besiktas on a loan with option to buy?

Fucking hell. That's a disastrous deal.

It's one of their better deals, I believe he was free until he passed x amount of games. One of their better purchases. 

39 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Nice to see Karius has found something to do.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, No2 said:

It's one of their better deals, I believe he was free until he passed x amount of games. One of their better purchases.

Either spurs were really and I mean really, desparate to get shut or they dropped a complete bollock on that deal.

I mean I know the lad has had a car crash of a last few years but if spurs didnt put something in the contract to say if the shite sold him again before he'd played the required number of games triggering the £20m payment, Spurs get nothing, Id be very surprised.

The shite play the loan system every season and while this wasnt exactly a straight loan, it still beggars belief they could end up getting money for him and spurs nothing.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Either spurs were really and I mean really, desparate to get shut or they dropped a complete bollock on that deal.

I mean I know the lad has had a car crash of a last few years but if spurs didnt put something in the contract to say if the shite sold him again before he'd played the required number of games triggering the £20m payment, Spurs get nothing, Id be very surprised.

The shite play the loan system every season and while this wasnt exactly a straight loan, it still beggars belief they could end up getting money for him and spurs nothing.

Spurs paid them 60 million quid for Richarlison as well. They must have some serious dirt on Levy. 

55 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Spurs have done well out of it too, they have saved themselves £5/10m in wages for a player they had established was finished as a footballer. Every future club that gambles on him are the losers. He will end up with Jack Rodwell in Sydney soon enough. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

But didnt whereas the shite's catering and club shop staff were. But they werent 'employed' directly by the shite so that can conveniently be dismissed. Apparently.

They’re asking on GOT why they aren’t protesting at our new hole punch instead. Tempted to tell him LOR aren’t doing ours but I’d hate to help one of them out. 

• Upvote 1

Surely Spurs have something in the contract that says they get a cut of any fee Everton get for Alli, a cut that decreases as the obligatory price goes up or something (so they get more if the Ev sell him on before he's even qualified for a fee, less if he's played enough to be obliged to pay £40m for him)? Surely they're not stupid enough to pass the chance to make some money on him from Turkey onto Everton for nothing?

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Spurs have done well out of it too, they have saved themselves £5/10m in wages for a player they had established was finished as a footballer. Every future club that gambles on him are the losers. He will end up with Jack Rodwell in Sydney soon enough. 

Sweeney? Either way I could think of worse places to ply my trade.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's fucking insulting they can sign anybody the cheating twats.

Does this take their transfer spend to over the £60m they got for Richie? How does that stack up against the PL 'working with' the shite to get their debt under control if it is actually increasing?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Does this take their transfer spend to over the £60m they got for Richie? How does that stack up against the PL 'working with' the shite to get their debt under control if it is actually increasing?

Richarlison signed a new deal in 2019 so most of that 60 mil they get from Spurs will be 'profit' as his amortisation value would have been really low (first contract spread the transfer fee over the course of the contract, second contract spreads what's remaining at the point he signed a new deal over the length of the new contract).

Onana will account for about 6-8 million a year (excl wages) and Kudus is loan with an option I think.