You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, Wezza said:

@Barrington Womble is there a possibility that the stadium is now progressing solely to attract investors but there might come a point where if there is no interest they run out of money to finish it? Long term I can only see it saddling them with large debt payments in an unfavourable market.

In my opinion, It makes no sense for them to stop while they're trying to sell the club, as it makes them look like a distressed asset, which clearly they are, but are trying to give the impression otherwise. But obviously they can only keep going while the money is there. They have repeatedly said they are looking for money to finance the ground and had been searching globally since the time it could have been a commonwealth stadium. Yet, it seems up to now it's all been on loans with moshiri and nobody is lending. And of course borrowing is becoming more and more expensive as we push into this recession. It was that that did over Hicks and gillet back in 2009, although obviously they had aquisitional debt to deal with. 

The other thing to remember of course is even if they manage to finance the ground, the debt is still there if they're trying to sell. If they've managed to make the stadium as profitable as they hope, it is probably an enabler to sell. But their plans include matching our current hospitality if I recall, which seems pretty fanciful. 

And of course moshiri is trying to cut and run, so it's all a balancing act. It is why I think there's a reasonable chance it ends up like the Nou Mestalla. I'm not saying it's the most likely outcome, but I would say it's probably 50/50

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Just had a quick glance at the BBC to see how they're getting on.

Not well, it seems.

Screenshot_2022-08-13-13-28-50-43_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I've had the game on. They are poor. Every now and again they string a few passes like a football team and while they don't look dangerous, at least look like they understand the games objectives. 

That Gordon though. What a clown arse he is. He's maybe the worst diver I've seen in the game. Not only does he go down as much as any player in the game, he's fucking shite at it. 

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Just had a quick glance at the BBC to see how they're getting on.

Not well, it seems.

Screenshot_2022-08-13-13-28-50-43_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It's been pretty dire. McNeill is such a nothing player and Everton as a whole are an utterly obnoxious team, full of divers, stupidly over-aggressive pricks and complete nothing players like McNeill, Davies, Iwobi and Gordon.

Fulham have added Issa Diop to beef up their defence.

Forest have added Lingaard and Dennis to their attack. 

Everton are basically treading water, at best; adding numbers, but not quality, to the defence that finished 16th and having no sign of where any goals might come from.

I still think they will stay up more comfortably than last season with the reinforcements they are getting.

As to the stadium, I hope they have agreed price contracts for materials, as the same sort of stadium cost keeps being bandied about as they were 3 or 4 years back when as somebody who is renovating a house I know that prices have gone through the roof over that period

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I still think they will stay up more comfortably than last season with the reinforcements they are getting.

As to the stadium, I hope they have agreed price contracts for materials, as the same sort of stadium cost keeps being bandied about as they were 3 or 4 years back when as somebody who is renovating a house I know that prices have gone through the roof over that period

Agree with them staying up, I don’t think they’ll be in any real danger, still bottom half of the table though.

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Echo reported they signed a fixed price contract with the contractor just after they started the building work, Roger.

I reckon they'll bin off Lampard come the World Cup break if they're in the bottom 3.

• Upvote 1