You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Im not sure of that. The PL doesnt give a fuck about its FFP. The shite have now spent more on transfers than they got for Richie la. The PL said they were 'working' with the shite to get their £350m debt down.

How does that work when the club has spent more on transfer ins than it got for transfers out?

Boehly's been given a £200m free hit, unchallenged by FFP for transfers as a condition of buying the club from Abramovich and still seems to be spending way above that.

Usmanov could be shovelling loads of cash indirectly into everton and nothing would be done.

If usmanov is found to be shoveling money into Everton, the person responsible for that will go to prison. In fact likely their entire board. Sanctions are serious shit and the PL will have nothing to do with the punishment. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

If usmanov is found to be shoveling money into Everton, the person responsible for that will go to prison. In fact likely their entire board. Sanctions are serious shit and the PL will have nothing to do with the punishment. 

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I'm not really sure the point you are making. Do you really think the likes of baxendale and blue rinse are going to put themselves on the line to go to prison to enable usmanov to find a way to pump money into Everton? This isn't the same as a bit of money juggling, it's breaking of financial sanctions, it has a prison sentence of 7 years. Nobody is going to do that to help usmanov to give money to Everton for a ground. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not really sure the point you are making. Do you really think the likes of baxendale and blue rinse are going to put themselves on the line to go to prison to enable usmanov to find a way to pump money into Everton? This isn't the same as a bit of money juggling, it's breaking of financial sanctions, it has a prison sentence of 7 years. Nobody is going to do that to help usmanov to give money to Everton for a ground. 

Im saying it will work something like this. Moshiri and Usmanov are business associates irrespective of the sanctions. Usmanov says to Mosh, you front up the cash to build the stadium and we'll square up when the sanctions end. If they dont end, dont worry, I'll funnel some money through a chain of offshore companies beyond the reach of the sanctions.

Do I think Baxendale and associates are stupid enough to get involved? No, it's plausible deniability, they wont even be aware of what Moshiri and Usmanov are maybe doing.

Absence of evidence means just because we cant see how they suddenly found enough money to kick off building the stadium when they havent 2 pennies to rub together and the secret backer supposedly got sanctioned, doesnt mean nothing is going on involving Moshiri and Usmanov.

It will be the newest stadium in the Prem if they manage to stay in it, it certainly won't be the best. One thing it will be is miles better than goodison. Does seem a nuts and very limited space to build on. Plus it's insanely cold down there in the winter. You'd like to think it would create a regeneration  of the area, bars and stuff but facts show new stadiums don't really do that. Who knows though I'm against the idea of just keeping wasted space I'm fucking tired of any space created being turned into more apartments. So hopefully it goes up quick, gets finished. I'm not arsed about any side having a new stadium, spurs have the Armitage shanks and it looks unbelievable but gives me a user experience vibe than a football fan watching a football match vibe.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Im saying it will work something like this. Moshiri and Usmanov are business associates irrespective of the sanctions. Usmanov says to Mosh, you front up the cash to build the stadium and we'll square up when the sanctions end. If they dont end, dont worry, I'll funnel some money through a chain of offshore companies beyond the reach of the sanctions.

Do I think Baxendale and associates are stupid enough to get involved? No, it's plausible deniability, they wont even be aware of what Moshiri and Usmanov are maybe doing.

Absence of evidence means just because we cant see how they suddenly found enough money to kick off building the stadium when they havent 2 pennies to rub together and the secret backer supposedly got sanctioned, doesnt mean nothing is going on involving Moshiri and Usmanov.

I think you understimate how difficult it is to bring money into the country for sanctioned individuals. Secondly I think you over estimate their desire to do it. Moshiri was trying to flog the club just last month. Thirdly moshiri is not cash rich. He's not a man of usmanov's wealth and most of his money is tied in assets (Everton being one, his share of the liver building another example, which is also up for sale) and moshiri's wealth is because he takes the crumbs from usmanov's table. A table that no longer exists in the western world. So the idea he can front it and just sit on his hands for 15 years or whatever hoping usmanov's sanctions get lifted, I think is fanciful. 

It is likely because of his business links to usmanov, all moshiri's transactions will be monitored. He will need to justify the source of any money coming into this country. Usmanov is currently subject to the same scrutiny as terrorists. And there is absolutely nothing more either the EU or UK (I would especially say the EU as they've been tougher on usmanov) would like to do than find him trying to filter into the country. 

Everton is up for sale because moshiri needs to cut his losses, free up some cash get get the fuck out of dodge.