You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 hours ago, gkmacca said:

I can never understand how any player, red or blue, could make that move, even when it's to the bigger club, but, yes, I know they're professionals making a living and all that. I just find it personally impossible to imagine. It's funny, though, how Coady's previous comments used to refer to how his family and mates were 'all reds,' and now he's had a quick check and apparently he's been related to masses of bitter blues all along.

I work with his cousin. Her 10 year-old daughter idolises him, so she's heartbroken at this shit move.

Dunno how anyone is confused how coady can play for them. It's just a job. He family might be all reds, but he's been in the football bubble all his life and won't see it like we do. He's got a job to do and in his opinion, a world cup to get to. Of course if the choice is the bench at wolves when they've adopted a back 4 or playing every week in his preferred back 3/5 at Everton, he'll pick Everton. Especially in world cup season. 

• Upvote 1

Couldnt give a fuck whether coady joins them or not really.

It does grip my shites that yet again, the shite sign 'loan' players to fill out their squad as they do every season as a cost saving measure, that the PL has done fuck all about their £350m debt because it's all linked to the stadium build, apparently and, the pandemic stopped them selling players at a profit despite no other club having such debt problems in the same period. They sold richie la for £60m yet will have spent over £50m of that according to reports while the PL was 'working with them' to reduce their debt.

The financial cheats in the PL arent just limited to city and their self financing deals. Have they repaid the taxpayer funded £19m Business Interuption Loan yet? I wont hold my breath!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It does grip my shites that yet again, the shite sign 'loan' players to fill out their squad as they do every season as a cost saving measure, that the PL has done fuck all about their £350m debt because it's all linked to the stadium build, apparently and, the pandemic stopped them selling players at a profit despite no other club having such debt problems in the same period. They sold richie la for £60m yet will have spent over £50m of that according to reports while the PL was 'working with them' to reduce their debt.

The financial cheats in the PL arent just limited to city and their self financing deals. Have they repaid the taxpayer funded £19m Business Interuption Loan yet? I wont hold my breath!

No. Its bizarre that they get away with it. It doesn't need that much investigation like Man City's dodgy deals. The losses are there in black and white and other clubs have been punished more harshly for less. 

30 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

And they will keep whining about Premier League corruption which favours only the big six. 

Still, I have faith in Frankie to do the right thing this season.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Problem is that it will turn into a legal minefield if it goes to court. The point you have mentioned yourself - not being able to sell players at a profit due to the pandemic - anyone who knows football a little will know this is a huge pile of smelly bullshit but from a legal point of view, they could point to Sancho, Lukaku, Grealish etc or Rodri, De Jong, Felix etc before Covid.

Yes I know they don't have any players remotely in the same bracket of the players I have mentioned but from a legal hypothetical point of view it will matter. 

3 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Problem is that it will turn into a legal minefield if it goes to court. The point you have mentioned yourself - not being able to sell players at a profit due to the pandemic - anyone who knows football a little will know this is a huge pile of smelly bullshit but from a legal point of view, they could point to Sancho, Lukaku, Grealish etc or Rodri, De Jong, Felix etc before Covid.

Yes I know they don't have any players remotely in the same bracket of the players I have mentioned but from a legal hypothetical point of view it will matter. 

I think that could apply to any club but for some reason it only seemed to affect Everton and no one else.

Our income from the new stand whilst still paying it off was also affected and we didn't scab money off the government Covid loan or get the council to pay for the AXA training ground. 

I'm sure FSG were originally banking on selling one of Salah, Mane or Firmino for megabucks to PSG, Barcelona or Real Madrid before Covid. 

But for some reason Covid only affected Everton and the fees that they could have got for their shite players that they had already vastly overpaid for.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I think that could apply to any club but for some reason it only seemed to affect Everton and no one else.

Our income from the new stand whilst still paying it off was also affected and we didn't scab money off the government Covid loan or get the council to pay for the AXA training ground. 

I'm sure FSG were originally banking on selling one of Salah, Mane or Firmino for megabucks to PSG, Barcelona or Real Madrid before Covid. 

But for some reason Covid only affected Everton and the fees that they could have got for their shite players that they had already vastly overpaid for.  

Even Wolves managed to sell and make a handsome profit on Jota during that period. Sure we only paid £4m up front but the deal was £42m+.

The shite saying they couldnt sell during the period is bullshit. They could have sold richarlison and made a profit. They might have sold Pickford and made a profit. They didnt sell because they didnt want to. They were too busy shouting 'null and void' and hope the season would be written off!

6 hours ago, Freddo said:

What happened with the Leeds and Burnley thing and them taking legal action against Everton and the Premier league? 

Absolutely fuck all. Turns out Leeds werent that bothered because they stayed up. Burnley faced without an ally and the PL determined to do fuck all, decided to throw in the towel.