You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Watching that Twitter video, all I see is a rather limited footballer who seems more interested in barging into opposition players and causing injuries.  What a sad state of affair's he's seen as a legend.  Cottee was more legendary than Drunken. 

He was like John Fashanu,but shitter.

I'm someone who was desperate to come here, to play for this club. I've got family and friends who are massive Evertonians.

I can never understand how any player, red or blue, could make that move, even when it's to the bigger club, but, yes, I know they're professionals making a living and all that. I just find it personally impossible to imagine. It's funny, though, how Coady's previous comments used to refer to how his family and mates were 'all reds,' and now he's had a quick check and apparently he's been related to masses of bitter blues all along.

Just read this priceless post in toffeetalk......hahahahaha

It can’t have just been me that over the last few seasons you look on enviously at clubs like Burnley, wolves, Liverpool,  who had tarkowski, mee, Coady, Henderson, vvd, Robertson etc and wished we had players like that?  

we will have 2 in that list, should be a huge swing in mentality 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

There's a pic going around that is apparently a young Coady in an Everton top, all is being g forgiven because, you know, born.

When I was a kid I wore Manc, Forest & Spurs shirts (Thanks to my dad & his brothers) as well as Liverpool tops as I just loved football and accepted any shirt with good grace.  Meant fuck all to me back then, it was just a shirt.

Evertonians have this weird obsession with LFC players/supporters in bloo shirts when they were kids.  

10 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

How are they signing all of these players and being linked to more?

This Richarleson money must be being spread very thinly.

I think the Richy Lad money covers Onana and Dwight McNeil. The others that they've signed are free transfers or loans which they've covered by letting a few players go on free transfers

However, they are still missing the Russian sponsorship money, their board still pay themselves well and their income hasn't risen greatly with any new deals. So it doesn't appear that they will reverse the massive losses they've been making the last 3 years. But somehow they'll probably get away with it even though the powers that be and the Sly 6 are all against them.

On 08/08/2022 at 09:54, Pete said:

Watching that Twitter video, all I see is a rather limited footballer who seems more interested in barging into opposition players and causing injuries.  What a sad state of affair's he's seen as a legend.  Cottee was more legendary than Drunken. 

Cottee was the moment Everton went from contenders to mediocre; he was a belated replacement for Lineker, they broke the British transfer record for him, and he was… pretty OK, but not much more. He arrived in 88 (they’d won two of the previous four league titles) but never looked like challengers once he came. 
Ferguson arrived when they were a bad, bad team. He showed a bit of fight, they managed to somehow double their money selling him, and when Newcastle realised he wasn’t very good they brought him back. 
That’s why Ferguson is a legend there and Cottee isn’t. Ferguson was about as good as they could get back then, and he’s still as good as they’re going to get now. Signing Cottee was the moment they stopped being a genuinely good team, so they can’t ever look back on his time with happiness. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

When I was a kid I wore Manc, Forest & Spurs shirts (Thanks to my dad & his brothers) as well as Liverpool tops as I just loved football and accepted any shirt with good grace.  Meant fuck all to me back then, it was just a shirt.

Evertonians have this weird obsession with LFC players/supporters in bloo shirts when they were kids.  

Especially the Gerrard one, despite him explaining it ad nauseum.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

They managed to find £33M down the back of the sofa for this new fella then?

If not for Jurgen & the lads I'd be walking away from top flight football now. 

If they go another season with similar amounts of losses they need a massive points deduction. They are cheating lying twats. 

Especially as they claimed nearly 20m in public money from the Covid 19 business in loan. 

They somehow managed to blag Liverpool City Council to buy their training ground for £13m and got another £4m off them for an upgrade in 2016. Also refused to repay £700k to the council for the feasibility study of their new stadium. But it's OK cos der redshite furloughed their staff.