You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Ron B said:

Yeah, I know. 12th wouldn’t leave me with my jaw on the ground. But if 12th is what the average Forest fan predicts - and assuming a few reckon “I’ll be happy with 17th, I just want to stay up,” - then what sort of bonkers expectations do some of them have?

Haha true 

3 hours ago, Ron B said:

Aye, I get it, but Chelsea fans have been spoilt rotten over the last 20 years. If a manager didn’t deliver the Champions League or title then they were invariably on their way, and the club would just throw money at whatever problems they had. Or sometimes throw money at problems they didn’t have in order to create new problems. 
It just seems mad that any Forest fan expects 12th, never mind that it’s the average prediction. The last time they finished that high was 26 years ago. The following season, Haaland’s dad was their top scorer (six league goals, not a vintage year). If that’s the average, what are the optimists smoking?

they're still bottom of the expected league though. and most of the teams who expect to be in the relegation fight are coming up with 10/11/12th in that list. I am guessing when you've bought a few players etc, feeling positive you can give it a go, then round about matching brentford last season doesn't seem too much of a stretch. i imagine very few are saying down and most are saying 10th-17th - which was separated by 13 points last season. 2nd-3rd place was separated by 18 points - which is my point really about Chelsea! They've not had a great summer so far (although i am assuming Sterling and Koulibaly will do ok) - but the teams behind them seem to have done more to improve their position - just 5 points separated Chelsea, Spurs & Arsenal last season. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Forest are making a move for Maxwell Cornet. He’s got a release clause of £17.5m but Everton are trying to fuck about by paying £5m now and £20m next year. 

They’re absolutely brassic. 

I worry for them, I really do.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I worry for them, I really do.

I dont, not one bit. They are £350m in debt less the supposed £50m from spurs which, like all big transfers will be paid in installments. The PL has turned it's back on them breaching FFP by a factor of 3 because they've front loaded the stadium build cost. They arent the only club who had to operate during the covid period yet, they're the only PL club with such a massive debt.

They're still after signing players. If they havent by the end of the window, they'll load up to the limit on loan players. They arent operating much different to Barcelona in my opinion except Barcelona's debt is about 3 times that of the shite.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

From that article-

Smart.

Lampard is making all of the right moves this summer.

Despite incoming business looking slow, getting rid of the deadwood at the club was more important than those new arrivals in many of their cases.

The likes of Gylfi Sigurdsson and Fabian Delph moving on will have saved huge amounts of money in wages, and Gomes on top of that would complete the set.

Not sure they had much choice with one of them... Also, even though those players who've left are largely shite, they were still the best players in their squad and they haven't been replaced. They're really in trouble, aren't they?

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont, not one bit. They are £350m in debt less the supposed £50m from spurs which, like all big transfers will be paid in installments. The PL has turned it's back on them breaching FFP by a factor of 3 because they've front loaded the stadium build cost. They arent the only club who had to operate during the covid period yet, they're the only PL club with such a massive debt.

They're still after signing players. If they havent by the end of the window, they'll load up to the limit on loan players. They arent operating much different to Barcelona in my opinion except Barcelona's debt is about 3 times that of the shite.

He's quoting a blue talking about us with one of their desperately deluded predictions about our incoming implosion.

17 minutes ago, Mudface said:

From that article-

Not sure they had much choice with one of them... Also, even though those players who've left are largely shite, they were still the best players in their squad and they haven't been replaced. They're really in trouble, aren't they?

They're talking about this guy like it was the injury that has done him in and affected his game, conveniently forgetting the fact he was fucking shite before it.

Just now, manwiththestick said:

They're talking about this guy like it was the injury that has done him in and affected his game, conveniently forgetting the fact he was fucking shite before it.

Yeah he wasn't very god before Son killed him on the pitch in-front of his family under the orders of Klopp. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mudface said:

From that article-

When Delph left Villa, he was one of the best players in a squad that had just narrowly avoided relegation. Guess what happened next.

44 minutes ago, Remmie said:

He's quoting a blue talking about us with one of their desperately deluded predictions about our incoming implosion.

Yeah, but what was his username? I can't remember and it's really bugging me. It wasn't The Esk, but another one who got cast out of the GOT jerk circle.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

From that article-

Well as someone posted earlier, i fear for them, I really do. 

I think it's actually possible they could be that team that can barely score a point this season. The expectation has to be Fulham will be shite. Bournemouth probably too. I just hope they can make a fist of it and keep Everton down there for the early part of the season as we could see some funny antics over there. You can feel it starting to simmer. 

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Who’s going to take Gomes? He’ll sit on what remains of his contract picking up his wages.

Shame he’s out of the first team. I’ve never seen a more ineffectual player in my life. Does absolutely nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Looks like they’ve signed an ex-Wolves LB from Sporting on loan. Vinagre. They’re getting excited because he gave Kyle Walker a hard time once. Even though Wolves and Sporting have fucked him off.

He may chip in with a few assists…

• Upvote 2