You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

The kid looks like he's being dragged along. There should be a child protection hotline number at the bottom of it. 

To be fair, the season tickets are in the kid's name and his little brother Dixie-Dunc so he has to go along.

• Upvote 1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61757131

Tarkowski, 29, has signed a four-year deal with the Toffees and is the club's first signing of the summer.

"I'm an ambitious person, I want to achieve, I want to win things and I've come here to be successful," Tarkowski said.

Who's going to tell him they've not won as much as a village raffle since he was 2 years old??

Having lost the battle with Burnley, is avoiding relegation the new 'successful'?  He also never got the chance of European nights with Burnley, so he's going to top all that by experiencing the thrills of beating the drop with Everton. A football equivalent of auto-erotic asphyxiation? 

5 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Where abouts is this story Stacksy made up about him being an Incel? Asking for a mate.

5 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Must admit I've missed this too

I wouldn’t normally go pointing this out lads, but, now I know it’s a work of fiction like a Joanna Trollope novel I don’t feel so bad for suggesting you take a look about halfway down page 577 of World of a Woman thread.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I like that they've shunned the picturesque ideals of what a stadium should look like and gone with a more industrial 'gutted by years of civil war' aesthetic.

Can I ask as an OOT what are they planning to do with the surrounding area?  Otherwise it looks like the stadium will be in the middle of an old run down industrial estate.   

16 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

A quick glance at GOT shows that Tarkwosaki is going to stop 10-15 goals next year. 

Who’s going to stop the other 60?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Can I ask as an OOT what are they planning to do with the surrounding area?  Otherwise it looks like the stadium will be in the middle of an old run down industrial estate.   

Pretty derelict area for many years.

Obviously the ground-side is just out of use docks side by side.

Across the road is a long-depressed industrial area of side streets with some small businesses and dilapidated factories. A bit livelier about 600 yards towards town with a Costco and decent car sales places, then you are on the fringe of the city centre.Small businesses like chippies may spring up and a few closed pubs might reopen, but I can't see much redevelopment potential and few people will want to hang around and will gravitate to the city centre or go home immediately after matches. The traffic situation will be very difficult, particularly at weekends.

• Upvote 2