You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

21 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, no, I can assure you, it was a dramatized story. There is no personal trainer. What a shame you have to bring up an irrelevant story in which you don't know the actual details to try to annoy me. You think I'm going to reveal real details in my life on the internet for the likes of you to read? 

Wait, reading about you paying to do sweaty, star jumps in front of a personal trainer thinking you were on a date was hilarious. Turns out it's all good, we are all idiot's and you are sweet because you made the whole thing up. 

3 minutes ago, Bloke said:

Wait, reading about you paying to do sweaty, star jumps in front of a personal trainer thinking you were on a date was hilarious. Turns out it's all good, we are all idiot's and you are sweet because you made the whole thing up. 

Yes, I embellished a story and changed some details to strangers on the internet so as to not reveal certain things. One, that's not weird at all, and two, it turns out I was right to do that, because some people on here irrelevantly throw this story back in my face when they get mad they are losing football arguments.

The PL may as well scrap their FFP rules - they clearly have no interest in making clubs stick to them or punishing them for breaking them.

They are meaningless guidelines that can be circumnavigated with any old load of bollocks like the shite have shown.

It's basically a free for all with rules acting as nothing more than an empty gesture.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, I embellished a story and changed some details to strangers on the internet so as to not reveal certain things. One, that's not weird at all, and two, it turns out I was right to do that, because some people on here irrelevantly throw this story back in my face when they get mad they are losing football arguments.

No disrespect meant to you or the probably made up girl but the reason a fair few on here find it funny is that we would have done the business. Without being a weird creep about it. 

Calling people names is absolutely vital to this forum. Grassing over being called a nonce in a throwaway comment to Dave then continuing to be abusive to people disagreeing with you makes you look a bit of a dick. 

I'm not after an argument, Bob and Baz are doing that but you seriously need to chill. (I am quite aware I need to chill but this isn't about me) 

The proposed takeover of Everton was thrown into serious doubt on Friday night with sources close to majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri claiming a deal with the Peter Kenyon-led consortium was off.

The exclusivity period granted to the group led by Kenyon, which was being bankrolled by American businessman Maciek Kaminski, expired on Thursday night, but sources close to the consortium insisted they were unaware of negotiations ending.

There was surprise at Moshiri’s claim, as work was said to still be ongoing between the Kenyon-led group and their lawyers at trying to find an agreement and provide proof of funds.

As reported by Telegraph Sport, Kenyon’s group, which included Kaminski and another American businessman John Thornton, had hoped to reach an agreement to buy the club by July 21.

But Moshiri’s camp were adamant that talks had been called off and will not be revived, with the 67-year-old apparently wanting to focus on stadium financing and squad strengthening.

The news will cause surprise and significant concern among Everton supporters, who had seen star player Richarlison complete a move to Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the day. 

As first reported by Telegraph Sport, Kenyon’s group had signed heads of terms and believed they had broadly reached agreement over a deal to buy Everton for over £500million.

The consortium had also vowed to fund the building of the new stadium and make transfer funds available to head coach Frank Lampard.

A period of exclusivity had been granted to the group, which allowed them to negotiate with Everton without the threat of a rival bidder holding takeover talks.

Kaminski travelled to England to meet Moshiri in person and visited the site at Bramley-Moore Dock, where Everton’s new stadium will be built.

But the expiry of exclusivity and the claims of sources close to Moshiri have put a major question mark over the future of Everton and a pivotal time for the club.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/07/01/everton-takeover-serious-doubt-sources-close-farhad-moshiri/

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

The proposed takeover of Everton was thrown into serious doubt on Friday night with sources close to majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri claiming a deal with the Peter Kenyon-led consortium was off.

The exclusivity period granted to the group led by Kenyon, which was being bankrolled by American businessman Maciek Kaminski, expired on Thursday night, but sources close to the consortium insisted they were unaware of negotiations ending.

There was surprise at Moshiri’s claim, as work was said to still be ongoing between the Kenyon-led group and their lawyers at trying to find an agreement and provide proof of funds.

As reported by Telegraph Sport, Kenyon’s group, which included Kaminski and another American businessman John Thornton, had hoped to reach an agreement to buy the club by July 21.

But Moshiri’s camp were adamant that talks had been called off and will not be revived, with the 67-year-old apparently wanting to focus on stadium financing and squad strengthening.

The news will cause surprise and significant concern among Everton supporters, who had seen star player Richarlison complete a move to Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the day. 

As first reported by Telegraph Sport, Kenyon’s group had signed heads of terms and believed they had broadly reached agreement over a deal to buy Everton for over £500million.

The consortium had also vowed to fund the building of the new stadium and make transfer funds available to head coach Frank Lampard.

A period of exclusivity had been granted to the group, which allowed them to negotiate with Everton without the threat of a rival bidder holding takeover talks.

Kaminski travelled to England to meet Moshiri in person and visited the site at Bramley-Moore Dock, where Everton’s new stadium will be built.

But the expiry of exclusivity and the claims of sources close to Moshiri have put a major question mark over the future of Everton and a pivotal time for the club.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/07/01/everton-takeover-serious-doubt-sources-close-farhad-moshiri/

Well that’s fantastic.

They still can't grasp the concept of them moving from a small pitch on Spellow Lane to an already built Anfield. Then they paid rent to John Houlding until they decided to leave because they wouldn't pay the increase in rent. 

Bit like someone moving into a flat, getting evicted then telling everyone for years they built and owned the flat. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

One, making it up is probably weirder than actually doing it. Two, no you weren't right in anything.