You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Everything must be funny to lads like you who can't use their brains to discern nuance.

I’m so stoopid. Soooo stoopid. You’re so complex. You’re so difficult to understand.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Everything must be funny to lads like you who can't use their brains to discern nuance.

I’m so stoopid. Soooo stoopid. You’re so complex. You’re so difficult to understand.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Mentioned this before but how exactly has Richarlison been a success? As a casual observer this was the worst season he has had with them. 

And, Everton don't play a high press - how did he become one of the best pressing forwards in the game?

He presses his body against the grass, which is where he spends most of this time on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It's not complex. None of this is complex. Never called you stupid, I just don’t think you understand. It's fine. 

The Teemu Pukki scored 80 goals for Norwich guy agreed with you, by the way. That's a win.

Lads, it’s simple.

he’s worth at least £60m but also worth £40m.

He’s been a success despite being unsuccessful because he’s not expected to be successful.

he’s like Suarez but not like Suarez and like Mane and Jota but not worth the same as them or as good as them, but he’s not like Heskey because he was 26.

If you don’t understand you don’t understand but those that understand do.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not complex. None of this is complex. Never called you stupid, I just don’t think you understand. It's fine. 

The Teemu Pukki scored 80 goals for Norwich guy agreed with you, by the way. That's a win.

Hahahahaha. Go back and see my post where I actually said he might score like 15 goals if he went to Spurs. May be you are complicated to not understand anyone.

Anyway I am bored of this now.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Being on the opposite side of a football discussion to you is as much of a win as I ever need, fella.

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Mentioned this before but how exactly has Richarlison been a success? As a casual observer this was the worst season he has had with them. 

And, Everton don't play a high press - how did he become one of the best pressing forwards in the game?

image.png.1e380d5a2561b647bcf89582e08e9a6d.png

If you put a player with that kind of desire in an actual system, and not Frank Lampard, that is world class pressing and defending for a forward. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

image.png.1e380d5a2561b647bcf89582e08e9a6d.png

If you put a player with that kind of desire in an actual system, and not Frank Lampard, that is world class pressing and defending for a forward. 

Spreadsheet! Woo!

Database! Woo!

20 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Lads, it’s simple.

he’s worth at least £60m but also worth £40m.

He’s been a success despite being unsuccessful because he’s not expected to be successful.

he’s like Suarez but not like Suarez and like Mane and Jota but not worth the same as them or as good as them, but he’s not like Heskey because he was 26.

If you don’t understand you don’t understand but those that understand do.

-Very possible for both those things to be true. In a perfect world, he's worth 40m, but his former fee and relative success makes him worth more. 

-No, been clear to say he's a success. 

-Like Suarez in temperament. 

-Richarlison: 53 in 152 at Everton. Mane: 25 in 75 at S'Hampton. 26 in 85 for Jota in the Premier League seasons at Wolves. Pretty similar goal records, positioning, stages of careers. Good comparison. 

Heskey: 60 in 223 at a better Liverpool team. And they aren't similar players. Wow, incredible comparison. 

Need anymore explanations?

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Where is Firmino in those stats?

image.png.fad9fa99652ddae996866d02b0e22240.png

This is last season so smaller sample size because he played fewer games, but he's still incredible defensively. And of course he has the benefit of playing in a very organised Klopp side. 

33 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He scored a few goals and slags off der redshite on twatter so he's worth £100m

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

image.png.fad9fa99652ddae996866d02b0e22240.png

This is last season so smaller sample size because he played fewer games, but he's still incredible defensively

The best. 2018 and 2019 he would have been 99.9 percentile across the board.

Anyhoots - I do not watch Everton but I think this is the overwhelming opinion of blues:

Loved his spirit. Worked hard. Had some great moments. Was a favourite of ours.

However, you can't really say that he reached a prolific level.

He did also often frustrate with missed chances.

His goals and assists are quite easily replaceable.

We'll be absolutely fine.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

-Very possible for both those things to be true. In a perfect world, he's worth 40m, but his former fee and relative success makes him worth more. 

-No, been clear to say he's a success. 

-Like Suarez in temperament. 

-Richarlison: 53 in 152 at Everton. Mane: 25 in 75 at S'Hampton. 26 in 85 for Jota in the Premier League at Wolves. Pretty similar goal records, positioning, stages of careers. Good comparison. 

Heskey: 60 in 223 at a better Liverpool team. And they aren't similar players. Wow, incredible comparison. 

Need anymore explanations?

You being very clear to say he’s a success is the main reason people (like me) think you’re talking shite.

He cost £40m - forty million pounds - to be the one of the clubs most expensive ever signings, and he’s scored at 1 in 3 and his team has gone backwards.

If that’s success I’ve been getting overlooked for some seriously well earned promotions at work and I’m furious.

suarez

in

temperament

indeed

I

probably

just

don't

understand.