You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

13 hours ago, Pidge said:

Wait, so the Premier League definitely knew they cheated last season, but it's okay as long as they balance the books AFTER another team was relegated?

That's fucking scandalous. Burnley should be straight to CAS with that shite.

Burnley are complaining about the previous season. The books are still open for everyone on the season just gone as most (all?) Clubs run their account july-june

30 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Burnley are complaining about the previous season. The books are still open for everyone on the season just gone as most (all?) Clubs run their account july-june

Yes, obviously. They cheated in previous seasons (which will also have benefitted them last season, in theory at least) and the PL agreed to defer punishment last season, which directly advantaged them in the relegation race (and helped relegate Burnley).

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yes, obviously. They cheated in previous seasons (which will also have benefitted them last season, in theory at least) and the PL agreed to defer punishment last season, which directly advantaged them in the relegation race (and helped relegate Burnley).

I don't believe the PL agreed to defer punishment. My understanding was the PL accepted Everton's view that their losses were covid based, so makes them acceptable within the sustainability rules. There is no punishment. Burnley don't agree. 

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

If there's a deadline of some kind then there were conditions to meet, in my view that is deferring the decision.

I don't know there were conditions to meet aside from this season there were no covid excuses - so they need to be back to playing by the rules, hence the sale of richarlison being needed before the end of the month. 

18 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Saw this on a facebook news post 

Tottenham have now opened up talks with Everton, for Brazilian forward Richarlison. Richarlison is eager for the move to happen after telling friends and family that he felt embarrassed by the scenes from fans at the end of last season celebrating survival.

Everton remain insistent the player will not be sold, unless an ‘exceptional’ offer is received (£65M+) 

However Everton only have until June 30th to adjust any losses to comply with the Premier Leagues profit and sustainability rules.

A player with absolutely zero sense of shame about anything is not going to be embarrassed by those scenes. It was probably the highlight of his fucking sorry arse career.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, dave u said:

A player with absolutely zero sense of shame about anything is not going to be embarrassed by those scenes. It was probably the highlight of his fucking sorry arse career.

I don’t know. I’m very rarely embarrassed but I found those scenes mortifying.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Up there with holding his shirt up in celebration after scoring against Lincoln.

A man born without the ability to feel shame.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Exactly. Who is he trying to kid? He was behaving like a joker in their dressing room after that game so my arse he didn't like it. He loved it. Every minute of it.

Having said that I won't be surprised if he now uses that as a reason to go elsewhere. That is his nature, he will just keep pissing everyone off through out his career. It will just be funny when the shite fumes about it when it happens.

29 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

God damn Jurgen Klopp, asking for the Premiership to be aligned to the FA Cup, League Cup, European Competitions, International Competitions and every other major League in Europe…

47274779-B1EE-4DDA-847C-F9D42C3334B6.jpeg

Is it 3 subs in the championship?