You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

29 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Fucking hell, imagine eating £100m on Lukaku because you can’t get a tune out of him and replacing him with DCL. That can’t be true.

He's one of the great myths in English football. Calvert-Lewin is 25 and has barely averaged a goal every four games; decent numbers for a winger, shite for a striker. 

39 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He's one of the great myths in English football. Calvert-Lewin is 25 and has barely averaged a goal every four games; decent numbers for a winger, shite for a striker. 

He did well under ancelotti - I didn't see the point of him before that. I think last season was difficult to judge as he was mostly injured for the whole season, so if someone is in for him, it's likely to be based on what he did for ancelotti - where he scored about 1 in 2 in a midtable side and ancelotti had him focused on playing between the posts. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He did well under ancelotti - I didn't see the point of him before that. I think last season was difficult to judge as he was mostly injured for the whole season, so if someone is in for him, it's likely to be based on what he did for ancelotti - where he scored about 1 in 2 in a midtable side and ancelotti had him focused on playing between the posts. 

A masterplan there. Using him as a Keeper.

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He had that spell when Digne was whipping them in for him that he looked like a proper CF. I reckon there's still a player there in the right side but not at the top top level at all. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't argue with that, but I like a bit of value to my betting! 

I think they will be fucked if they lose Richy Laaa and Calvert-Lewin. Can't see many decent players wanting to go there. I reckon if they're in the bottom 6 by the world cup it will turn seriously toxic but toxic enough for no amount of alsatians, flares and kopite bus welcomes to save it. 

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've never really understood how they planned to pay for this ground. And it makes even less sense in light that moshiri is trying to sell up. 

Kenyon's mob are supposedly promising to fund it as part of their bid so maybe it will happen. 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think they will be fucked if they lose Richy Laaa and Calvert-Lewin. Can't see many decent players wanting to go there. I reckon if they're in the bottom 6 by the world cup it will turn seriously toxic but toxic enough for no amount of alsatians, flares and kopite bus welcomes to save it. 

Yeah, they could well be. But I do not expect any great performances from the 3 coming up. Leeds look like they're losing Philips and raphina. Brentford are shite. Southampton were having a bit of a wobble towards the end of the season. And there's always a team or two who blind side you with their shitness. 4-1 seems not worth chucking the money for 12 months and just settle for the laugh if it does happen. 

15 minutes ago, aws said:

Kenyon's mob are supposedly promising to fund it as part of their bid so maybe it will happen. 

That makes even less financial sense than moshiri building it though doesn't it? It would make their overall cost about £1bn. Although I heard that keiron Maguire banging on about how Kenyon's lot think Everton are massively undervalued in the State's because nobody realises they're in Liverpool and that's where the opportunity is because tourist wise Liverpool punches way above it's weight with Americans. It's got to be said it doesn't make much sense to me.  

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, they could well be. But I do not expect any great performances from the 3 coming up. Leeds look like they're losing Philips and raphina. Brentford are shite. Southampton were having a bit of a wobble towards the end of the season. And there's always a team or two who blind side you with their shitness. 4-1 seems not worth chucking the money for 12 months and just settle for the laugh if it does happen. 

That makes even less financial sense than moshiri building it though doesn't it? It would make their overall cost about £1bn. Although I heard that keiron Maguire banging on about how Kenyon's lot think Everton are massively undervalued in the State's because nobody realises they're in Liverpool and that's where the opportunity is because tourist wise Liverpool punches way above it's weight with Americans. It's got to be said it doesn't make much sense to me.  

The Bitters getting relegated and disappearing is reward enough, and requires no financial recompense to be satisfying.

• Upvote 1