You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You appear to have lost the ability to speak in any terms other than comically overblown hyperbole and repetitive insults. Hopefully you can sleep it off and get your faculties back.

Goodnight.

Yeah, let's pretend I'm the one being unreasonable. Good one.

You would have thought all the Suarez lovers might have remembered being at Anfield when he tried to injure Robbo, and get him sent off, joined in with the whole crowd singing for him to “fuck off”.  

Seen him refuse to celebrate after scoring for Atletico against Barca, but go absolutely mad after Barca scored against us and realise that their love is not reciprocated in anyway whatsoever.

Suarez had arguably the best single season in the clubs history, but he was also one of the biggest cunts too. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

You would have thought all the Suarez lovers might have remembered being at Anfield when he tried to injure Robbo, and get him sent off, joined in with the whole crowd singing for him to “fuck off”.  

Seen him refuse to celebrate after scoring for Atletico against Barca, but go absolutely mad after Barca scored against us and realise that their love is not reciprocated in anyway whatsoever.

Suarez had arguably the best single season in the clubs history, but he was also one of the biggest cunts too. 

Yeah he's a twat.

I dunno what drives him though, it's not money, more I think he's the ultimate one man band. The club, the fans, the other players, they're just the means to an end - for him to win.

Kind of like a shitter, less PR friendly version of Ronaldo.

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

To defend him and love him when he played for the club, yeah sure, I get some of  that. I was never his biggest fan, but when he was running around like a psycho and scoring crazy goals, I was obviously more into it, it's not like I'm thinking about him biting players in the middle of the game where he's scoring 4 against Norwich. But to defend him after he left, nah. Dick riders.

Defend him against what exactly?

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Racism allegations, biting, diving,  general shithousery, him wanting to leave almost every summer, etc...

So it's wrong to stand behind someone when something is alleged? That was a stitch up IMO and the end result was they made an assumption without any clear proof.

6 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I love Suarez, and while I was shouting at the TV when he did that, I didn’t hold it against him. It’s what made him who he was that I loved, and so it’s who he is. 

I was watching a vid the other day of a medley of goals from our “front 3” and it had Salah’s goals against Roma in the champions league in 18, and it made me say “oh fuck off” when he held his hands aloft in disingenuous ‘apology’.

Suarez fevered being told to “fuck off” by the Kop but it doesn’t detract from anything for me. 

Suarez, when he played football in a red shirt, was a fabulous player. He had pretty much every skill the modern day footballer can possess, good and bad, all used to further his and Liverpool’s aims.

Out of a red shirt he becomes an unsavoury character who can play football a bit.

Such is the life of a footballer, and the views of many fans towards them.

• Upvote 1

I can see there are unsavoury edges to both Suarez and Richarlison, but the similarities end there as the underlying motivation behind them is so, so different.

Everything with Suarez points to a genius footballer with an insane will to win, wrapped up in a flawed character. But everything he did and does can be plotted on a line that leads to wanting to win the match, score another goal or increase the chances of either. Biting players, diving, punching the ball off the line - all of it is a mentality of "one more goal, one more win." He's spoken of his love of the club since he left, how happy he is seeing us do well and seeing the fans happy and to be honest I don't doubt it - but then he plays us in 2019 and can't help himself because it's all part of his firmware. He just wants to be better, score more and win more.

I can't say the same about Ricky Lad. He's an average footballer - well, maybe an average-to-good one. And I could take the unsavoury antics if I thought they were solely about wanting to score more and win more. But so much of it is just performative, with an underlying motivation of having his underachievement hyped up into legendary status by a fanbase that indulges it. He acts down to their base instincts and as a result he's among the most lauded 12 goal a season strikers in their entire history.

Off the field as well. Showing no contrition for lobbing a flaming device into the crowd (or acknowledging that he's fucking lucky they're only taking action now instead of during the run-in) and giving it the full "I'm edgy as fuck me"; all playing martyr to a fanbase that think they're unfairly treated by the Powers that Be (TM). Or being a wage-thieving multimillionaire mocking Liverpool fans who were fleeced by a coach company - against a backdrop of fans being treated like shit and a massive cost of living crisis; "he's one of us look, he hates the redshite." And all along he gets away with more love than they showed to a 25 goal striker like Lukaku despite scoring fewer than half.

Suarez uses dark arts - rightly or wrongly - to be a better player and make his team better. Richarlison uses them to get love for being bang average.

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Racism allegations, biting, diving,  general shithousery, him wanting to leave almost every summer, etc...

So we should have defended him while he was here doing all those things, but stopped the minute he left?

I think you need some sleep.

3 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

The last 2 pages - that is what happens when you think about blooooos too much!

Agreed, it's like a Steven King novel. You  go into a hunting lodge with five lifelong mates and see a picture on the wall that says 'Amokachme if you can!' and six hours later the place is covered in blood and your best mate's balls are in a blender.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's nothing wrong with defending someone against false allegations; in fact, it's what you're supposed to do.

Nobody defends the biting.

Let's get the diving and general shithousery into perspective; bad, but not as bad as it was made out (and certainly not as bad as Richarlison).

He didn't want to leave until after the club (allegedly at the behest of Standard Chartered) threw him under the bus by refusing to appeal an obviously perverse verdict (read the FA panel's report) and leaving him to be branded a racist. 

I realise that posting stuff like this, which is supported by facts, is "unreasonable" so I'll try to match your level of debate and say you're a willy bumpoo fartface.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, aws said:

Getting back to Everton, Kenyon is supposedly fronting a US buy-out which would effectively write off their debt.   

Obligatory picture of Peter Kenyon…

454582C3-9161-4B6E-B19F-25F30CF4AD14.jpeg

To be fair, a trip to Woodison has several similarities to a trip to Mos Espa.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if there was an abused Rancor kept beneath the pitch. 

16 hours ago, aws said:

Getting back to Everton, Kenyon is supposedly fronting a US buy-out which would effectively write off their debt.   

It's the Chelsea issue.

The sale might 'wipe off' their debt, but they're wholly reliant on Moshiri at the moment to keep buying shares and converting capital to keep them operational. It's entirely likely that Everton are bought by loading debt on the club and it's highly unlikely that these owners would keep giving the club the working capital it needs in the way Moshiri has.

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Obligatory picture of Peter Kenyon…

454582C3-9161-4B6E-B19F-25F30CF4AD14.jpeg

To be fair, a trip to Woodison has several similarities to a trip to Mos Espa.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if there was an abused Rancor kept beneath the pitch. 

Just need Sam Jabbadyce back as manager. 

23 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's the Chelsea issue.

The sale might 'wipe off' their debt, but they're wholly reliant on Moshiri at the moment to keep buying shares and converting capital to keep them operational. It's entirely likely that Everton are bought by loading debt on the club and it's highly unlikely that these owners would keep giving the club the working capital it needs in the way Moshiri has.

If it is a leveraged buyout, it may be time to dig out some of their comments towards us from the age of Randolph and Mortimer.

Moshiri isnt selling unless he gets all his money back and kenyon's consortium is supposedly talking numbers £150m below that.

On another note, I reckon the shite have done some magical accounting loophole to shift a big part of the stadium funding into these 'covid caused' losses. There's no way they could push on with building the stadium if this £350m loss hasnt funded it.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

On another note, I reckon the shite have done some magical accounting loophole to shift a big part of the stadium funding into these 'covid caused' losses. There's no way they could push on with building the stadium if this £350m loss hasnt funded it.

Everybody is talking about oil and energy prices but sand and traffic cones are extortionate these days. 

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Moshiri isnt selling unless he gets all his money back and kenyon's consortium is supposedly talking numbers £150m below that.

Stadium costs are deducted from P&S considerations anyway.