You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

My bro has just ditched a WhatsApp group with a couple of Bloos in. Hardly a peep from them when they looked like going down apart from the odd message and now it's all "I was emotional when Zinchencko was crying with the PL trophy" accompanied by said photos. 

Obviously they've forgotten about the empathy for Mykolenko, who is also affected by the invasion of Ukraine, as well as having to play for them. I'd say it's a tougher situation for their own player but they must have a lot of sympathy to go round.

Out of curiosity, I've just been searching for the roots of the inhaler/PEDs nonsense. The best I could find was a Russia-based blogger two years ago claiming "sources close to the club" said 63% of players are asthmatic. That's the figure that seems to be most widely shared by all the Bloos, Mancs and other conspiracy eejits, so I assume that's their source.

Not really compelling, is it?

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Out of curiosity, I've just been searching for the roots of the inhaler/PEDs nonsense. The best I could find was a Russia-based blogger two years ago claiming "sources close to the club" said 63% of players are asthmatic. That's the figure that seems to be most widely shared by all the Bloos, Mancs and other conspiracy eejits, so I assume that's their source.

You have to ask yourself, is there anything more convincing than a Russian blogger with unnamed sources? 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The same fella does all kinds of disinformation to cover the doping Russia do. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is he out of contract or would they have to pay a fee too? Seems a good way to control their wage bill. 

Out of contract.

I suspect the story is bullshit, but I'd love them to do it. It's the kind of thing QPR used to do, signing half-decent players on megastar wages (with hilarious consequences).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Given their FFP situation I don’t see how they are doing this with Tarkowski. They need to sell half the squad just to get enough money to bring them back into lineZ

But that might be a case of someone like Mina is sold on and tarkowski swallows the wages. It would seem from what happened in January they won't be going down the path Leeds had to in 2002/3 or whenever it was. 

I watched Tarkowski a lot when I was watching Brentford. He was a decent footballing centre half, with a mistake in him. When he went to Burnley, Dyche squeezed all the football out of him and he became a stopper, pure and simple. Dyche had done the same with Michael Keane, yet when he went to Everton and had to play a bit more, his failings were exposed. Expect the same with Tarkowski if he goes there.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Well that's bullshit. Everton won the 'Redshite didn't win the League' Cup barely 48 hours ago and they're still hopeful of the 'Redshite didn't win the European Cup' Cup in a few days' time.

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So, sometime in September-ish they'll complete a thousand days? That deserves a celebration.

Ten thousand... Although that depends on whether or not the Transfer Window trophy finally gets recognised. 

• Upvote 1