You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

41 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

20220520_122654.jpg

C’mon now. I think we’re being a bit disingenuous here. 

Everybody knows that Goodison is the only ground that has fans in it every other week and that all other teams play in half empty stadiums, even when they’re winning trophies. And, not one Evertonian has ever watched a game of theirs on the tele. It’s never happened. Never, never. 

Whereas the reality is that most people don’t “understand it” because it’s a load of contrived, invented bollocks which Evertonians like to spit out to try and make themselves seem a bit special because they’ve got fuck all else that elevates them to the status of a big club. 

31 minutes ago, an tha said:

If i was a blue today i would not be giving it the big one, yeah i would be relieved....but i'd also be embarrassed that as one of the biggest spending clubs in the land over last few years that we'd find ourselves scrambling to avoid the drop in the 2nd to last game of season.

I'd be pissed off that players who barely put a shift in week in week out for months suddenly could be arsed for a few games near end of season and i'd be pissed off that my club is in financial disarray, is frankly lying and cheating about the money it is hemorrhaging and i'd be deeply embarrassed by the unbeliveably small time scenes last night.

You sound jealous of Everton lad!

Burst out laughing when one said that to me this morning. 

15 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

C’mon now. I think we’re being a bit disingenuous here. 

Everybody knows that Goodison is the only ground that has fans in it every other week and that all other teams play in half empty stadiums, even when they’re winning trophies. And, not one Evertonian has ever watched a game of theirs on the tele. It’s never happened. Never, never. 

Whereas the reality is that most people don’t “understand it” because it’s a load of contrived, invented bollocks which Evertonians like to spit out to try and make themselves seem a bit special because they’ve got fuck all else that elevates them to the status of a big club. 

The Evertonians I know and the ones giving it large on Facebook barely go to Goodison. I've been to Goodison more tines than a few of them. The ones that do go get their season tickets fairly cheap and turn up every 2 weeks to moan.

One sells his on Derby day to make a bit of money. Virtually none of them go to away games either. So they want a medal and pat themselves on the back for turning up every 2 weeks and moaning, booing and getting off when they are losing. 

8 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Why can't they just be happy that they escaped relegation? Why the massive and frankly bizarre overreaction? Why drag us into it?

They cannot help themselves. 

Because everything they do is viewed through the prism of us.

They can't help it.

Congrats to Everton, 

Your players decided to show up for a couple of weeks due to the fear of having bed sheets put outside the wrong house in their streets

Your board blatantly lied about Covid losses to cover up the massive overspending but fortunately no one in the PL could give a fuck about the relatively easy task of proving this to be the bullshit that it is (probably due to the fear of having bed sheets put outside the wrong house in their streets)

You are blessed with a manager who has managed to move you up the lofty position of exactly where you were before (bed sheets wouldn't be a problem with him, he'd just use them as serviettes)

Your main benefactor is a shady fucker who has been cut off at the knees at the moment

People are getting onto the fact that you are obnoxious bastards as a fan base and you are making enemies of more and more teams as the weeks go on, teams that may just bust a gut in the future to fuck you up 

and even the fucking dog hates you.

If this has been your best day ever then more congrats are in order as I'm pretty sure that you'll get the chance to re-enact it all next season. Liverpool fans, meanwhile, will just have to settle for competing for actual trophies.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Just out of Interest what was the target / aspirations of the Everton fans before the season started seems as if they're expectations have been lowered quite a lot over the course of this season. 

I think for most of them, the target was to sack Benitez. That's it.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Just out of Interest what was the target / aspirations of the Everton fans before the season started seems as if they're expectations have been lowered quite a lot over the course of this season. 

City to win the league 

• Upvote 2

What does make me laugh is how they actually think their celebrations have topped our's. Its hilarious watching them give it loads. They've forgotten all the booing, walking out after 25 minutes in the Goodison Derby, and the dogs abuse they gave the players after early season results. The cognitive dissonance is something to behold.

• Upvote 1