You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 17/05/2022 at 10:13, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's daft that we're even arguing over whether someone should be able to show their support for their FA Cup winning team in their own home.

The homeowners did nothing wrong and the horrible cunts who couldn't just walk past and concentrate on their own team for once are the ones who carry every bit of the blame.

Growing up in L4 in the 80’s, the area around Goodison was no more blue than red and vice versa. Having cup final flags and banners up is normal behaviour. The actions of the Everton fans is totally abnormal.

• Upvote 4

Rafa on his time there:

'We only spent £1.7m... Even so, we worked with what was available, we were making the most of the team, but we began to have injuries and misfortunes: one who dropped a piece of furniture on his finger and four players were injured.'

The 62-year-old then insisted he does not rue his decision to join Everton, where fans quickly turned on him, exacerbated by his ties to Liverpool, and said the negativity of social media contributed to his sacking in January.

Benitez later declared his successor Frank Lampard must 'assume responsibility' for their current relegation battle given the league position Benitez left Everton when the former Chelsea boss took over. 

He stated: 'It was a decision with a certain logic at the time... but seems I was wrong. But I don't see it that way. At that moment, Everton was a competitive team, we thought it would work. But when we left we were six points behind tenth, with two games less, and six points above relegation'. 

'It was a bad position for what was expected, but consistent and realistic with the investment and injuries. From there, we talk about patience, trust, but people get nervous, social media influences things and a decision is made. 

'Once we left, Everton made five new signings, got all the players back and had a new manager, who had to assume his responsibility. We did well at the beginning, we were a bit unlucky later and we didn't have time to keep doing things and adjust.'

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Load of bollocks, going on about how young reds chanting about things from the past they know nothing or little about, basically just repeating stuff to fit in, yet their fans born this century are happy to chat shit about Heysel, Hillsborough etc.

Spot on. They still (including the younger generation) call us “wall pushers” and “murderers” despite the facts that Liverpool fans didn’t push a wall or murder anyone. 

They're largely the most hypocritical and clueless fans in the land. 

On 17/05/2022 at 12:07, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not "choosing to antagonise" anyone, you whopper.  Flying a Nazi flag when there's an anti-racist march going by is choosing to antagonise people.  Displaying an "I love P&O" poster at the side of a trade union march is choosing to antagonise people.  Turning up to a Platinum Jubilee street party dressed as Oliver Cromwell is choosing to antagonise people.

Supporting your own team, in your own home, when they've just won a cup isn't antagonising anyone. No cunt has got any excuse for attacking those houses 

Word. All those words are the word. 

• Upvote 1

Driving down County Rd last night I noted that somebody had opened a pop-up Liverpool flag shop virtually opposite The Brick. Plastered in Liverpool flags and posters with Juergen Klopp’s head on.

May want to employ some protection for it tomorrow….

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Driving down County Rd last night I noted that somebody had opened a pop-up Liverpool flag shop virtually opposite The Brick. Plastered in Liverpool flags and posters with Juergen Klopp’s head on.

May want to employ some protection for it tomorrow….

If it gets trashed it will no doubt be self-sabotage from reds just trying to paint blues in a bad light.

On 17/05/2022 at 12:07, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not "choosing to antagonise" anyone, you whopper.  Flying a Nazi flag when there's an anti-racist march going by is choosing to antagonise people.  Displaying an "I love P&O" poster at the side of a trade union march is choosing to antagonise people.  Turning up to a Platinum Jubilee street party dressed as Oliver Cromwell is choosing to antagonise people.

Supporting your own team, in your own home, when they've just won a cup isn't antagonising anyone. No cunt has got any excuse for attacking those houses 

Oliver Cromwell you say? Hmmmm...

22 hours ago, A Red said:

Ah well. I just know if that was my house I would have taken the stuff down for that afternoon, particularly if I had a 10 year old. It doesn't take a genius to predict it wouldn't go down well with the mutant element walking past the front door.

This is the thing, it's not defending them, this is reality. Their behaviour is obviously wrong. But they're cunts. Complete and utter cunts. So nobody should be surprised by cuntish behaviour. It doesn't make it right. People shouldn't have to hide their flags. But life is life and the blues hatred of us is off the scale. It ruins their lives, so any chance they get to give pay back they do, even if it doesn't include sport. It was just the same with the Rafa situation. They were always going to give him and his family a bad time - in fact they did before he even joined. So there should be no surprise when they behave as advertised. It doesn'take it right, but it's going to happen. It's like expecting a Donner kebab not to be fatty. 

8 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Growing up in L4 in the 80’s, the area around Goodison was no more blue than red and vice versa. Having cup final flags and banners up is normal behaviour. The actions of the Everton fans is totally abnormal.

It's not the 80s though is it? I'm sure there's still not much difference in split, it's just reds have realised they're mental and it's easier to keep your head down. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Someone else who will be added to their list of enemies (he works at Liverpool Uni as a sports finance expert). Some of the replies are good saying Leeds and Burnley need to get on the case of Everton’s accounts.

Despite Newcastle fan's complaints about on the pitch, off the pitch they were very well run, certainly far better than Everton.

So Everton's income was affected more by Covid than Newcastle. Despite Newcastle having a ground capacity of 53,000 and having more corporate facilities than Everton. And even though they've been shit for years they always sell out every home game. Everton's gate revenue is around £14m a season for a 39,000 capacity ground. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is the thing, it's not defending them, this is reality. Their behaviour is obviously wrong. But they're cunts. Complete and utter cunts. So nobody should be surprised by cuntish behaviour. It doesn't make it right. People shouldn't have to hide their flags. But life is life and the blues hatred of us is off the scale. It ruins their lives, so any chance they get to give pay back they do, even if it doesn't include sport. It was just the same with the Rafa situation. They were always going to give him and his family a bad time - in fact they did before he even joined. So there should be no surprise when they behave as advertised. It doesn'take it right, but it's going to happen. It's like expecting a Donner kebab not to be fatty. 

It's not the 80s though is it? I'm sure there's still not much difference in split, it's just reds have realised they're mental and it's easier to keep your head down

County Rd pubs are still neutral on non match days, apart from The Winslow and Red Brick maybe. Drank in them for years before it all turned bitter and nasty. Red Brick(refuse to just call it The Brick 'cos of them) used to have Liverpool memorabilia on the walls too. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's not the 80s though is it? I'm sure there's still not much difference in split, it's just reds have realised they're mental and it's easier to keep your head down. 

Just be bullied then? It’s off the scale.

18 minutes ago, Beno said:

County Rd pubs are still neutral on non match days, apart from The Winslow and Red Brick maybe. Drank in them for years before it all turned bitter and nasty. Red Brick(refuse to just call it The Brick 'cos of them) used to have Liverpool memorabilia on the walls too. 

Cheppy Castle was our local in the final year of Uni; one of the reasons I got a shit degree.