You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

28 minutes ago, A Red said:

If it was the other way round and some scally reds did it to a house displaying Everton banners near Anfield on matchday, you would quite rightly say that it was a daft horrible thing to do. You would also most likely question the sense of the Evertonian homeowner for choosing to antagonise said twats.

In an ideal world people should be able to legally do what they want without fear of twats causing harm, but we don't live in one. That is why we lock up our houses, cars and possessions and have half an eye on not giving cunts the opportunity to do their worst.

Its not the homeowners fault those twats did what they did but they should have had more sense than to choose to do it on matchday on what is clearly a route to the ground.

If it was the other way around and it was a group of middle ages reds doing that, I'd say exactly the same thing.Espicially to a girl on her own.

Shithouse behaviour. 

You see people walking to goidison all over the place on Match day

Using that argument, everyone should take the 'offending 'material down

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Yep on one they vang on the window and the girl comes out and takes it down whilst they cheer as if they had won the champs league. 

The 2nd one they just rip the flag down I think.

I'm genuinley ashamed I have to share the city with these pricks.

I thought so. 

I’d like to know if the police are investigating. If people can be identified there’s definitely scope for possible theft, criminal damage and public order offence charges. 

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not "choosing to antagonise" anyone, you whopper.  Flying a Nazi flag when there's an anti-racist march going by is choosing to antagonise people.  Displaying an "I love P&O" poster at the side of a trade union march is choosing to antagonise people.  Turning up to a Platinum Jubilee street party dressed as Oliver Cromwell is choosing to antagonise people.

Supporting your own team, in your own home, when they've just won a cup isn't antagonising anyone. No cunt has got any excuse for attacking those houses 

They chose to put up that stuff knowing full well that there would be Everton fans walking down that street that or the following day. Its clearly the fault of the twats that did what they did.

If you lived on that street would you have put celebratory stuff on display on that day?

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

They chose to put up that stuff knowing full well that there would be Everton fans walking down that street that or the following day. Its clearly the fault of the twats that did what they did.

If you lived on that street would you have put celebratory stuff on display on that day?

I'd probally hazard a guess she didn't put it up that day.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not "choosing to antagonise" anyone, you whopper.  Flying a Nazi flag when there's an anti-racist march going by is choosing to antagonise people.  Displaying an "I love P&O" poster at the side of a trade union march is choosing to antagonise people.  Turning up to a Platinum Jubilee street party dressed as Oliver Cromwell is choosing to antagonise people.

Supporting your own team, in your own home, when they've just won a cup isn't antagonising anyone. No cunt has got any excuse for attacking those houses 

Hear hear, fail to see how putting a flag up on cup final weekend would piss on anyone's chips other than those pricks. It is now and always has been about jealousy. I was talking to a blue on holiday last Friday, he said there's never been a worse time to be a blue, as we hoover up trophies.

35 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Hear hear, fail to see how putting a flag up on cup final weekend would piss on anyone's chips other than those pricks. It is now and always has been about jealousy. I was talking to a blue on holiday last Friday, he said there's never been a worse time to be a blue, as we hoover up trophies.

"Other than those pricks" kind of shows how it wasn't a very good idea.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

If someone lives by Goodison and has a Liverpool sticker in their car, are we arguing that they’re acting provocatively and should expect their car windows to get smashed? 

No. 

If I left a rolex watch clearly visible on the passenger seat of my car parked for hours, am I being sensible?

At the Worthington Cup final in 2003 after beating the mancs, a mate and I retired to our room on the ninth floor of the Marriot and unfurled a 15ft Liver Bird banner out the window to a crowd of about 100 mancs over the road from which came chants of 'you scouse bastards' and a concierge shouting up from the carpark 'for god's sake take it in!'. Obviously pub crawl plans had to be postponed. 

But good times. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, A Red said:

No. 

If I left a rolex watch clearly visible on the passenger seat of my car parked for hours, am I being sensible?

No. Because you should expect somebody to rob it. 

I’ve already covered how I don’t believe that it was foreseeable that people would behave like that at the sight of something as innocuous as a flag. 

So, for me, your attempted comparison is a bit silly. 

• Upvote 2

My neighbour would always roll out the Tipperary bunting whenever they went deep in the All-Ireland hurling championship, which was often and occasionally at the expense of Waterford. She was dead right to do so, and anyone who objected would have been an absolute twat.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

No. Because you should expect somebody to rob. 

I’ve already covered how I don’t believe that it was foreseeable that people would behave like that at the sight of something as innocuous as a flag. 

So, for me, your attempted comparison is a bit silly. 

This thread is all about the bitterness, nastiness and hatred many  Everton fans feel for us. I don't think it should be a surprise that some acted the way they did.

You naively expecting normal behaviour from them could be seen to be a bit silly.

• Upvote 1