You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

12 minutes ago, Block305 said:

New thread on GOT. Posted Saturday night, just after we beat City (of course) - discussing all things Champions League.

Some interesting opinions. Enjoy.

sX8DHCE.png?1

1VUabhw.png?1

6zSQfYZ.png

hiaY80F.png

EP7NGj9.png

lOdGjlZ.png

9lkp28h.png

qAC979Y.png

Wm5fYtd.png

Pretty sure that when we won the old European Cup they said that shite. The script gets changed regularly by them to suit their warped agenda.

Not sure how they know these games are crap when they supposedly don't watch any of them.

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Yep the lost to some African villiage team of farmers. 

Only the Ev could lose a a preseason tournament their own sponsers come up with against a bunch of nobodies.

Probably our fault and all. "Klopp was seen dropping packages from a helicopter over Kariobangi a week before the tournament lad" 

• Upvote 2

On 17/04/2022 at 18:39, VladimirIlyich said:

Asthma induced PEDs? Asthma medicine? I think there would be more sophisticated means than this.

I have Asthma does this mean i am now one of the greatest players in the world? Yippeee I am off for a quick puff. Anyone got a team that needs a new player?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, index1000 said:

I have Asthma does this mean i am now one of the greatest players in the world? Yippeee I am off for a quick puff. Anyone got a team that needs a new player?

Those asthma inhalers work wonders for your tactical awareness and passing accuracy.

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

I'd be all for spreading out the European cash more across more clubs and more countries, making all of the European competitions have a bit more variance to them. It is kinda boring to see the same clubs in the Champions League quarters every single season.

But we all know the real reason that thread was posted, and it's got nothing to do with seeing Bayern, PSG, the Madrid sides, Chelsea, City etc do well every year in Europe. If they were finishing 8th-10th every year but we were finishing bottom half I doubt they'd even realise the Champions League existed.

If they're dead-set against financial doping, they'll be rooting for us or Villarreal to win.

• Upvote 2

Coincidentally I was going to post about how great the champions league is. Real PSG and Real Chelsea where 2 great games, Villareal's last 2 were amazing achievements. The small bit of Madrid v City I seen was as intense as it gets. Benfica getting to play us and give us a solid game seemed to really delight them. It looks as though they appreciate a side such as theirs from a small country should be aiming for last 8. A club with more fans and trophies than Everton realises they don't have Eusebio anymore and have altered their expectations. The blues still harper back to Dixie Dean.

When we won our first four European Cups, it was claimed by some Evertonians that it was easy to win because only champions were allowed in it and that meant the likes of Belgium, Luxembourg and  sundry other “no mark” countries had teams in there that were easy to beat and it meant you only played about 4 games and you were into the final. And of course we always got favourable draws!
Later on when the Champions league came about, they claimed it was easier to win because the old European cup was a straight knock out over 2 legs, whereas you could lose to a team in the CL twice and still remain in the competition.

So no matter whichever way LFC win anything, Evertonians will always try to discredit the feat, and of course don’t forget, they have never lost a CL group game or knockout stage game in their history, so they know all about it!

• Upvote 1

To be honest I don't massively disagree with the thinking that it's not a great spectacle at the moment because of the concentration of talent in the PL; I've some sympathy with the idea of a more open competition being more exciting. This thought has no business coming from an Evertonian mind, since the subtext of his argument is that if Liverpool are doing well in it it's because it's a shit competition.

Regardless though, it was ever thus. Most of the last decade or so has seen the Spanish clubs dominating the CL as the top talent was naturally gravitating to the Spanish big two - Ronaldo, Suarez, Modric, Bale, Xabi, Carvalho, Robben - Hazard more recently - etc. all moved from leading PL clubs to La Liga in the last 10-15 years. It may yet change over the coming years again - most of the PL's dominance has been as much to do with Klopp and Guardiola raising the bar domestically by a substantial margin, allied to the immense wealth sloshing about. But once they go ourselves and City may well drop back into the pack a bit, and the advantage is potentially therefore only financial, and Real/Barcelona are getting their houses back in order with new private finance and so on. In addition, with Newcastle looming on the horizon, it's never been more competitive to get in the top four and there's every chance that there will be sides not having successive cracks at the CL as they might not qualify here and there, giving the Spanish clubs, PSG, the big Italian clubs and Bayern a better crack year on year.

In short enjoy it while it lasts as this is probably just another cycle in European football history, and what the fuck am I doing discussing the CL at length in the fucking Everton thread!?

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

When we won our first four European Cups, it was claimed by some Evertonians that it was easy to win because only champions were allowed in it and that meant the likes of Belgium, Luxembourg and  sundry other “no mark” countries had teams in there that were easy to beat and it meant you only played about 4 games and you were into the final. And of course we always got favourable draws!
Later on when the Champions league came about, they claimed it was easier to win because the old European cup was a straight knock out over 2 legs, whereas you could lose to a team in the CL twice and still remain in the competition.

So no matter whichever way LFC win anything, Evertonians will always try to discredit the feat, and of course don’t forget, they have never lost a CL group game or knockout stage game in their history, so they know all about it!

How come the cunts couldnt get past Panathinaikos in 1970?! Because they were fucking shit, that's why!

BUFFET MENU:

Mini ham barns.

Sausage rolls (large Pound Bakery cut into four).

Vol-au-vents filled with tinned salmon.

Crisps - ready salted.

Lukewarm chicken nuggets.

Costco chicken legs.

Boiled eggs from the bar’s vinegar jar that are ‘aged’ two years.

Cheddar cheese and pineapple on a stick.

Rip-off bakewell tarts from Poundland.

Eastern European profiteroles with a smattering of chocolate.

Cheddar cheese and pineapple on a stick cheeseboard,

8 hours ago, Block305 said:

New thread on GOT. Posted Saturday night, just after we beat City (of course) - discussing all things Champions League.

Some interesting opinions. Enjoy.

sX8DHCE.png?1

It’s like the Samaritans on there, what a gang of cry arsing fannies. It won’t stop them celebrating like Everton have won the World Cup if we get beat in the semis. Cunts.