You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It all feels remote, but Burnley are the last chance. But they're fucking awful too. Proper awful. Even if Burnley win today, I don't see them picking up the points they'll need to catch the shite. 

Silver lining - Burnley go down and City lose their guaranteed 6 pts per season.

• Upvote 2

They are the most bipolar and easily pleased fanbase in the world. They go from falling out of love with the game and it being a Sky 6 Cartel to them being proper Evertonians who support their team no matter what and aren't gloryhunters like der redshite.

They'll be the shittest team in the world who depress their fanbase with their shitness but have a run of games where they beat a couple of shit teams and then they are talking about top 4 and the powershift or Liverpool running scared.

Lampard was shit the other day and not the man to take them forward but after a couple of soundbites and beating a shite Man Utd team he "gets" them. 

They'll say Iwobi is the worst professional footballer they've ever seen then 2 days later they are saying how good he is because he ran around a bit.

The hero worship of Big Dunc is laughable both as a player and a coach. He's an Everton legend because he was a thug and had a run of scoring in derbies. Yet he was always injured and never made much of an effort to get fit, he had a crap goalscoring record as well. 

Every time they get fed up with a manager they say to give the job to him because he knows what playing for Everton is all about (getting a tattoo and elbowing or strangling a few players). Even though he's been on the coaching staff for the last ten years and about 6 managers have been sacked he can't speak to the players about what it is that is special about playing for Everton. Only when he gets the interim manager job and wears a sweatband is he suddenly able to convey these thoughts to the players.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Thing is, you can't punish Everton and not punish the likes of City, and that ain't happening.

I know I’m mad for typing this and the world will think I’m mental but I think every team that breaks rules they signed up to should be punished.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mcfaggen said:

Maybe this is the false dawn to make it all click. They’ll inevitably think that’s it, safe. Won’t worry that they’ll lose the next three. And before you know last day drama. 

Complacency. 

At least they’ll have something to play for on the last day for once.

16 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Thing is, you can't punish Everton and not punish the likes of City, and that ain't happening.

You can.

City's accounts say that they turned a profit last year. Whatever anyone suspects about the sources of their income, the fact remains that their accounts are compliant with the rules that Everton have breached.

https://mancity.com/news/club/annual-report-2022-63777590

• Upvote 2

If only he could fit an instamatic camera in his pocket. He was gutted he couldn’t capture the moment. It happened, honestly. It was a pub outside town you wouldn’t know it. No, nobody there had instamatic cameras, the bouncers make you leave them at the door because of celebs. No, no phones because there was a quiz on.

DF7FA6FC-1C45-4588-9B4E-66175A0EFD4F.jpeg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

If only he could fit an instamatic camera in his pocket. He was gutted he couldn’t capture the moment. It happened, honestly. It was a pub outside town you wouldn’t know it. No, nobody there had instamatic cameras, the bouncers make you leave them at the door because of celebs. No, no phones because there was a quiz on.

I would have happily posed for him if only he'd asked.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

4IobJd-q_400x400.jpg

43 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Yet to see an adult in a full kit in town, they are truly sad. 

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I am confused by this, I thought no reds are actually from Liverpool ? 

The fact he actually wrote the word reds as opposed to rs, makes me think it is not a true blue.

Obviously the reply is absolute bollocks.