You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Esk article on the latest accounts confirm that Mr Moshiri will now be up to a total of 727m invested in Everton including his initial purchase of shares/debt/equity/funding of enabling works for the new stadium. 

Comments that there’s no finance in place for the stadium so far and estimates a minimum of 450m will be required. Was previously suggested this would be found through private financing (not in place), contribution from LCR ( no longer happening), naming rights from USM (unlikely). 

Esk suggests Mosh may have to fund it himself which would take his investment to not far off 1.2B.

They also have 120m in debts owed to banks & he forecasts they’ll have a similar loss in the 2022 accounts of circa 135m.

Oh yeah and they might get relegated. 

Mad man Moshiri! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

I like the change but how often are all three subs used and at what point in games?

I'd guess that traditionally you'll see at least one sub early in the second half, one ten or so minutes later and one kept back as insurance for injuries who may come on regardless in the final minutes of the game to waste time.

This change allows you to make multiple subs early in the second half, multiple subs 10-15 minutes later and still keep an insurance for injuries.

I think it allows you to bring on more quality, earlier in the game, giving them more time to impact the result.

The changes can be made at 3 times during the game plus at half time. You cant have 5 breaks in play to make a substitution.

There isnt a requirement to use all 5 subs during a game, same as under 3 subs, 1, 2 or 3 changes could be made,

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

It really is quite an anomaly to hear Gaylord Bill's constant reference to 'self-interest and greed', three points (which they desperately need) come to mind:

1. EFC's stance against the SL is motivated totally by the self-interest and greed of EFC. They are dependent on being able to continue leaching of the income generated by the big clubs relative tor TV rights. Without which, EFC income streams would rapidly evaporate. 

2. The EFC position in voting for the PL gave no consideration to cutting adrift the remaining UK clubs outside of this elite. Again, motivated completely by EFC's self-interest and greed. 

3. As pointed out by others, IF some miracle occurred and EFC were invited to join, what would the EFC board do? They'd back-track in a heartbeat...as would every fan. 

Hypocrisy FC

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

It really is quite an anomaly to hear Gaylord Bill's constant reference to 'self-interest and greed', three points (which they desperately need) come to mind:

1. EFC's stance against the SL is motivated totally by the self-interest and greed of EFC. They are dependent on being able to continue leaching of the income generated by the big clubs relative tor TV rights. Without which, EFC income streams would rapidly evaporate. 

2. The EFC position in voting for the PL gave no consideration to cutting adrift the remaining UK clubs outside of this elite. Again, motivated completely by EFC's self-interest and greed. 

3. As pointed out by others, IF some miracle occurred and EFC were invited to join, what would the EFC board do? They'd back-track in a heartbeat...as would every fan. 

Hypocrisy FC

Negged for "Gaylord". Like Everton trophy parades, that shit belongs in the distant past.

• Upvote 13

40 minutes ago, index1000 said:

I really don't like this change, there is enough time lost with the fucking eternity it takes to do a substitution.

The last 1o minutes of matches will be nothing but substitutions all flow and momentum will be destroyed.

I'm not a fan either. Load of bollocks. May as well have rolling subs. 

49 minutes ago, index1000 said:

I really don't like this change, there is enough time lost with the fucking eternity it takes to do a substitution.

The last 1o minutes of matches will be nothing but substitutions all flow and momentum will be destroyed.

Each club will only have three chances for subs I think, same as now.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, index1000 said:

Agreed. They really need to keep the sub windows to max three 

1 hour ago, index1000 said:

They can only make 3 interuptions to make a sub during the game plus half time.

Effectively, there isnt any more wasted game time to make the subs, they cannot make 5 separate changes and at least 1 of the changes will involve 2 subs. That's the theory anyway.