You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He's one of their better players. Godfrey is decent as well. I can't see it at all with Richarlison, he's a sulky little wanker who thinks he's better than he is. Calvert-Lewin just needs service. I do rate Gordon as a young decent player even though he's snide. Holgate is as shit as he deserves to be the lying little prick. 

Do you not think richarlison was ok when he first got there? And I'm not sure what's happened, him getting in the Brazil team, realising they're shit and getting worse or he's maybe stuck there as only a few clubs would pay his wages and he's not good enough for them, but I think probably since about lockdown he's been shite and his work rate appears to have dropped right off. He doesn't even dive as well as he used to. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Do you not think richarlison was ok when he first got there? And I'm not sure what's happened, him getting in the Brazil team, realising they're shit and getting worse or he's maybe stuck there as only a few clubs would pay his wages and he's not good enough for them, but I think probably since about lockdown he's been shite and his work rate appears to have dropped right off. He doesn't even dive as well as he used to. 

He was ok but they made him out to be world class and he's far from it. I really hope united make him their marquee signing. 

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He was ok but they made him out to be world class and he's far from it. I really hope united make him their marquee signing. 

They made jelavic or whatever he was called to be world class! It's what they do isn't it? And it's part of the pain they live through. That fucking gomes pile of shite. He had a good 10 minutes at Anfield and they thought they had the next Xavi. They build them up then go into meltdown when they show themselves to be Everton players. Everton is the perfect club for richarlison, because he'd never get a game in a top 6 side. 

40 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They made jelavic or whatever he was called to be world class! It's what they do isn't it? And it's part of the pain they live through. That fucking gomes pile of shite. He had a good 10 minutes at Anfield and they thought they had the next Xavi. They build them up then go into meltdown when they show themselves to be Everton players. Everton is the perfect club for richarlison, because he'd never get a game in a top 6 side. 

Gomes is abysmal, terrible player

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Spot on mate. I remember Cademarteri was going to be better than Pele and Phil Jevons better than Fowler and Own rolled into one. 

The Jelavic stuff was outstanding. Made even better by him scoring the opener against us in the semi final, I had a facebook message off a blue mate that I didn't see until after the game. Saying "told you so" or words to that effect. He had been logged off for "an hour" which would have been about when Suarez equalised.  Just brilliant. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Spot on mate. I remember Cademarteri was going to be better than Pele and Phil Jevons better than Fowler and Own rolled into one. 

The Jelavic stuff was outstanding. Made even better by him scoring the opener against us in the semi final, I had a facebook message off a blue mate that I didn't see until after the game. Saying "told you so" or words to that effect. He had been logged off for "an hour" which would have been about when Suarez equalised.  Just brilliant. 

Jevons - i can't remember them going on about him until he scored against us for hull or someone to knock us out the league cup. Cademarteri looked good in that game against our late 90s defence so i think that was enough to write him into everton folklore

2 minutes ago, red_herring said:

Jevons - i can't remember them going on about him until he scored against us for hull or someone to knock us out the league cup. Cademarteri looked good in that game against our late 90s defence so i think that was enough to write him into everton folklore

I can. A couple of mates I grew up with must have heard from someone who heard from someone that the greatest player to kick a ball was coming through the youth ranks, I think they won the U21 league or reserve league so got ahead of themselves. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I can. A couple of mates I grew up with must have heard from someone who heard from someone that the greatest player to kick a ball was coming through the youth ranks, I think they won the U21 league or reserve league so got ahead of themselves. 

How dare we sing since 1995.

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fa-youth-cup-winners-12282163.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16481221764747&amp_ct=1648122180546&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Feverton-fa-youth-cup-winners-12282163

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

sounds about right. theres been so many of them that might be the case (See Michael Ball, Franny Jeffers-tho they did get decent returns on those 2)

17 hours ago, sir roger said:

As a side from that twitter lads name, my brother in law from Belfast told me his mum made his dad change his surname by one letter from Mallen to Mallon before she would marry him  as this was the Catholic spelling and it was a rare mixed marriage back in the day. A lot of his family never spoke to him again over this.

Its bizarre isn't it. When my parents got married the Priest went to see my Mum desperately trying to persuade her not to marry my Dad. When she told him she was going through with it he wouldn't allow her to marry in the church she had attended since she was a little girl. Needless to say religion went out the window pretty fucking quick after that.

On a side note now that I look after the old bugger I sometimes wish the Priest had been more persuasive.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Micheal Branch was supposed to be the next Fowler. 

He was sort of, as Evertonians accuse Fowler of being a smackhead, Branch got 7 years for supply of class A drugs.

Another one who could join Big Dunc, Gylfi, Jose Baxter, Tony Kay, Mark Ward and Peter Beagrie in EFC Prison FC. 

Don't forget Mickey Thomas and Gazza.

37 minutes ago, index1000 said:

Its bizarre isn't it. When my parents got married the Priest went to see my Mum desperately trying to persuade her not to marry my Dad. When she told him she was going through with it he wouldn't allow her to marry in the church she had attended since she was a little girl. Needless to say religion went out the window pretty fucking quick after that.

On a side note now that I look after the old bugger I sometimes wish the Priest had been more persuasive.

Load of shit isn't it. Both sides of my family come from mixed religions. On my dad's side it was my grandad who was the Catholic, but he was a lapsed Catholic.

Dad told me that the local priest would come round on the bum for money when he was a kid, grandad told him none too politely to piss off seeing as he was struggling to feed, clothe and house a family of 7 on casual dockers wages.

Dad also said that when he and his elder brother were young they went to a Catholic school. They got a slap off the priest at assembly one day because they hadn't been to church the previous Sunday, grandad found out, gave the priest a hiding, and needless to say they were moved schools by the following week.

I wish I'd met my grandad, but the bugger shuffled off 5 years before I was born. I'd have liked to have thanked him for dad's attitude towards all religion which he passed on to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, index1000 said:

My mother in law said she still lived at home after she left school and if she went out and got pissed on a Saturday night her Dad would drag her out of bed to make her go to church on a Sunday morning. One time she never got up and he gave her a few smacks.

She then married my father in law who was a divorcee and her parents disowned her for years until she had kids because they wanted to portray themselves as doting grandparents. 

My Mum used to try to force me to go to church when we were in school but I hated it and my brother was an atheist who used to argue and take the piss out of my Mum for her belief. I think she only went to church for the social aspect rather than being a complete bible basher. I just hate anything to do with religion full stop.

Can't believe people still believe in it all now that we know that storms aren't God being angry or we've worked out how the planet goes round the sun. Let's pray to God to stop a war when no one has seen him for a couple of thousand years based on a book of fairy tales.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Load of shit isn't it. Both sides of my family come from mixed religions. On my dad's side it was my grandad who was the Catholic, but he was a lapsed Catholic.

Dad told me that the local priest would come round on the bum for money when he was a kid, grandad told him none too politely to piss off seeing as he was struggling to feed, clothe and house a family of 7 on casual dockers wages.

Dad also said that when he and his elder brother were young they went to a Catholic school. They got a slap off the priest at assembly one day because they hadn't been to church the previous Sunday, grandad found out, gave the priest a hiding, and needless to say they were moved schools by the following week.

I wish I'd met my grandad, but the bugger shuffled off 5 years before I was born. I'd have liked to have thanked him for dad's attitude towards all religion which he passed on to me.

I was a good living Catholic but lapsed when I found out wanking was not allowed.

That is such a shock for a 10 year old.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, red_herring said:

Grimsby, Chris Kirkland at his statuesque best

• Upvote 2