You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Ron B said:

Some years ago, whilst working on a local paper, I wrote a story on a certain local MP and a businessman he has a close relationship with.

It all stood up. It was all true. They complained. And my boss had to take me to one side and say she’d been told by her boss that the company, who were broke, had cancelled their insurance for legal cases*. 
So my boss’s boss immediately caved, without even asking if the story was true, and agreed to pay them a wad of cash to drop the case. 
Just because something is true doesn’t mean it’ll get published. 
*Its vaguely more complicated than that, but I can’t go into the details for obvious reasons. 

(A few years later an almost identical story appeared in The Times about the same MP and his pal. Hey Ho!)

Liam Fox and his mate Werrity?

Edited by Creator Supreme
Mixed up lying bastard Tory MP's

Hypebeast is about right. The whole article is a Braun advert. Anyway, for those of you seeking fashion tips…

Expanding on his first Braun campaign which sees the footballer experiment with and redesign his facial style, Calvert-Lewin now turns his attention to perfecting the complete look, from facial hair-style to attire.

“Grooming goes hand-in-hand with my style and fashion,” he says.

“Depending on what I’m wearing, it might dictate how I style my beard. My facial hair is the finishing touch if you like, but the whole piece is an extension of my personality”. Adding, “Sometimes when I’m a bit daring not everybody likes it, but it kind of spurs me on to experiment even more”.

Serious question, does anybody know what this deal they cut with the FA / Premiership/ Whoever entails?

Surely in will include some serious belt tightening? Would they have to sell their more profitable assets (Gray, Calvert-Lewin and erm…..)? I doubt they’ll be able to bring many in again. 

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Serious question, does anybody know what this deal they cut with the FA / Premiership/ Whoever entails?

Surely in will include some serious belt tightening? Would they have to sell their more profitable assets (Gray, Calvert-Lewin and erm…..)? I doubt they’ll be able to bring many in again. 

That's why I'm convinced that if they survive this season, they're gone next season, because they will be operating on a Norwich budget.

8 hours ago, No2 said:

I've never been a concentrate on football type but if I was a bitter blue that cunt would be driving me up the walls. There comes a time when you have to just put the head down.

I'm pretty much like the Barnstoneworth manager (minus the indecent exposure). Any player can wear whatever they want; it's what they do on the pitch that counts.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's why I'm convinced that if they survive this season, they're gone next season, because they will be operating on a Norwich budget.

They operated on a Norwich budget last summer. Even the players they signed in January were offset by sales (Digne and James). 

If they are forced to sell Calvert-Lewin, Richarlson, Gray and a couple of their other less shit players and have to cope with what they have or free signings, they really could be fucked.

You hate to see it, you really do. 

Lampard won’t get a tune out of them either. They should have bought back Allerdyce - they are made for each other. The Ev are just too delusional to see it. 

Shame...RIP...20220323_100857.jpg

We are saddened by the news that our former player and coach Terry Darracott has passed away at the age of 71. 

Terry was an incredibly popular figure in the game and will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him. Our thoughts are with Terry's family and friends .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5