You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

57 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

They're all staying away from football at the moment. I have loads of friends and family on Facebook etc that were always posting comments and photos about being at the game, COYB's ahead of kickoff, angry posts after a defeat, power shifts after a win, players being heralded etc.

Now, nothing. Not one post last night about the match from anyone I know, even reds have stopped taking the piss.

I find the best thing you can do with them is just ignore them and don't say anything when they lose. If you do they think you are still arsed or even obsessed with them despite the fact that they claim to despise us but can't stop talking about us.

One lad on mine keeps tagging me into shit posts about Liverpool and Everton trying to keep some sort of banter and rivalry going and I just ignore them. 

They need us to keep them relevant and if you don't keep them relevant they hate it because they have no rivalry with anyone else seeing as they suck off the mancs and try to cosy up to anyone who has a chance of beating us. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

They’ve won two games since September. 

I know yeah but if I was talking about games already gone then I would have mentioned games already gone.

I hope I'm wrong obviously. 

14 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Sounding like a man who's tired of dodging teacups, remotes and angry sex.

The first two .....

41 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

They made a mistake by not appointing a manager after they sacked Rafa Benitez. 

Should've given it big Dunc. He'd have them mid table by now. He knows what playing for them is all about

9 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

They're all staying away from football at the moment. I have loads of friends and family on Facebook etc that were always posting comments and photos about being at the game, COYB's ahead of kickoff, angry posts after a defeat, power shifts after a win, players being heralded etc.

Now, nothing. Not one post last night about the match from anyone I know, even reds have stopped taking the piss.

Could be a little sneaky wank for them tonight though 

10 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

2 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Nah, they’ll be fuming at the Sanchez sending off and joining Inter forums to swap Nam stories about how the Powers That Be have had them both off.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Boss said:

Watford and Norwich are gone. Burnley have been picking up points steadily for a while, so they'll stay up. It's a straight shootout between Leeds and Everton in my opinion. Leeds next two are Villa and Norwich at home. They should be looking for 4 points there. Everton's next two are Wolves and Newcastle at home. Wolves should beat them and Newcastle have been performing well since January. If Leeds get 4 points and Everton get beat twice they'll be cast adrift with a hard fixture schedule coming up.

Look at their squad and their manager and see if you can spot anyone you'd trust to have the spuds for a relegation scrap.

Well, after a slightly disappointing night, here is something to cheer us all up!

Everton are facing a huge financial headache if the club cannot win their battle against Premier League relegation.

Monday night’s 5-0 thrashing at Tottenham Hotspur left Everton just one point above the relegation zone and has prompted some panic within the club over the possible consequences of the drop.

Telegraph Sport has been told by multiple sources that Everton’s first-team players do not have significant relegation clauses in their contracts that would relieve the financial pressure of the club’s wage bill in the event of going down.

Everton insist the players do have reduction clauses, but cannot go into detail about how they work or how significant they are because of employee confidentiality.

While clubs such as Norwich City, Watford and Burnley all planned for the possibility of being relegated, the consequences of dropping down into the Championship could be financially devastating to Everton.

Everton are yet to release their accounts for 2021-22, but their last set of accounts showed that the club paid £165million in wages and while that figure may have dropped, it is common knowledge that they are among the highest payers in the Premier League.

Outside the top six, Everton’s wage bill is believed to be the highest in the division with Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes, Jordan Pickford and Richarlison all thought to be earning just over or around £100,000-a-week, with Dominic Calvert-Lewin not far behind.

One source told Telegraph Sport: “Everton didn’t dream they would be in this position, but if they go down it could be a financial disaster.”

Relegation would leave Everton, whose last accounts showed a £140m loss, with little option but to try to cash in on some of their biggest earners and would end any hope of signing on-loan Donny van de Beek permanently.

But while they would be able to cut some costs, they still face having to pay £10m for Dele Alli once the former Tottenham Hotspur star has played 20 games which he cannot do until next season.

Everton last week announced that they had suspended sponsorship deals with Russian companies USM, Megafon and Yota after Alisher Usmanov was sanctioned by the European Union. The club’s shirt sponsor, Cazoo, also confirmed their deal is not being renewed after this season.

Lampard: 'I didn't walk into the building with a magic wand'

The situation has led some outsiders to believe there may be an opportunity to launch a takeover bid to buy Everton, but their perilous Premier League and financial situations would make valuing the club difficult.

Sources close to the club believe the next two back-to-back home games, against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday and Newcastle United the following Thursday night, are absolutely vital.

They also have games against Watford and Crystal Palace to be rearranged, but otherwise Everton must face West Ham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester City, Brentford and Arsenal on the final day of the season.

Since succeeding Rafael Benitez, head coach Frank Lampard has steered Everton to three victories but only one of those was in the league, against Leeds United, while they have been beaten four times.

On the forthcoming key games against Wolves and Newcastle, Lampard said: “I will be ready for them, the players will be ready for them, they have to be ready for them. I didn't walk into the building with a magic wand.

“The feeling at this club when I came here was we could be going down. It was clear around the city, it was up to me to change that and I thought we had changed that.

“But this is a test of that. I had 20 years as a player, I had hundreds of periods like this. Before I came in, there were issues and they are becoming clearer. But it is important the positivity remains, not stupid positivity.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/03/08/everton-facing-huge-financial-blow-go-players-lack-significant/#comment

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well, after a slightly disappointing night, here is something to cheer us all up!

Everton are facing a huge financial headache if the club cannot win their battle against Premier League relegation.

Monday night’s 5-0 thrashing at Tottenham Hotspur left Everton just one point above the relegation zone and has prompted some panic within the club over the possible consequences of the drop.

Telegraph Sport has been told by multiple sources that Everton’s first-team players do not have significant relegation clauses in their contracts that would relieve the financial pressure of the club’s wage bill in the event of going down.

Everton insist the players do have reduction clauses, but cannot go into detail about how they work or how significant they are because of employee confidentiality.

While clubs such as Norwich City, Watford and Burnley all planned for the possibility of being relegated, the consequences of dropping down into the Championship could be financially devastating to Everton.

Everton are yet to release their accounts for 2021-22, but their last set of accounts showed that the club paid £165million in wages and while that figure may have dropped, it is common knowledge that they are among the highest payers in the Premier League.

Outside the top six, Everton’s wage bill is believed to be the highest in the division with Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes, Jordan Pickford and Richarlison all thought to be earning just over or around £100,000-a-week, with Dominic Calvert-Lewin not far behind.

One source told Telegraph Sport: “Everton didn’t dream they would be in this position, but if they go down it could be a financial disaster.”

Relegation would leave Everton, whose last accounts showed a £140m loss, with little option but to try to cash in on some of their biggest earners and would end any hope of signing on-loan Donny van de Beek permanently.

But while they would be able to cut some costs, they still face having to pay £10m for Dele Alli once the former Tottenham Hotspur star has played 20 games which he cannot do until next season.

Everton last week announced that they had suspended sponsorship deals with Russian companies USM, Megafon and Yota after Alisher Usmanov was sanctioned by the European Union. The club’s shirt sponsor, Cazoo, also confirmed their deal is not being renewed after this season.

Lampard: 'I didn't walk into the building with a magic wand'

The situation has led some outsiders to believe there may be an opportunity to launch a takeover bid to buy Everton, but their perilous Premier League and financial situations would make valuing the club difficult.

Sources close to the club believe the next two back-to-back home games, against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday and Newcastle United the following Thursday night, are absolutely vital.

They also have games against Watford and Crystal Palace to be rearranged, but otherwise Everton must face West Ham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester City, Brentford and Arsenal on the final day of the season.

Since succeeding Rafael Benitez, head coach Frank Lampard has steered Everton to three victories but only one of those was in the league, against Leeds United, while they have been beaten four times.

On the forthcoming key games against Wolves and Newcastle, Lampard said: “I will be ready for them, the players will be ready for them, they have to be ready for them. I didn't walk into the building with a magic wand.

“The feeling at this club when I came here was we could be going down. It was clear around the city, it was up to me to change that and I thought we had changed that.

“But this is a test of that. I had 20 years as a player, I had hundreds of periods like this. Before I came in, there were issues and they are becoming clearer. But it is important the positivity remains, not stupid positivity.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/03/08/everton-facing-huge-financial-blow-go-players-lack-significant/#comment

I thought we had changed that?

What because you have won 1 league game in 4?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Just to be clear, I’m not one of Telegraph Sport’s sources. 

On 08/02/2022 at 13:16, Captain Turdseye said:

This. 

Newcastle will have clauses in player contracts that reduce wages in the event of relegation. They’d be straight back up again even if the Saudis weren’t there. 

I doubt Everton have such clauses in player contracts, they’re spending 90% of turnover on wages and they’d be totally fucked without the PL TV money. 

It would be peak Everton to finally go down whilst in the middle of building a new ground. 

• Upvote 1