You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

19 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don't know about Villa, but they were paying Everton £9.6m a year: money that Everton haven't even started to look at replacing.

"Everton to bring Cazoo sponsorship agreement to end after current season - Liverpool Echo" https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-cazoo-breaking-23294775.amp

That's really puzzling with the shite effectively cancelling the deal. Cazoo must have wanted to cut their fee with the shite taking umridge.

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

That's really puzzling with the shite effectively cancelling the deal. Cazoo must have wanted to cut their fee with the shite taking umridge.

Weirdly they cancelled the Angry Birds sleeve sponsorship early as well. Its like they don't want to earn any more money.

4 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Weirdly they cancelled the Angry Birds sleeve sponsorship early as well. Its like they don't want to earn any more money.

Or the cynic in me thinks they were safe in the knowledge Usmanov was going to set up another dodgey sponsorship deal or deals before this crisis in Ukraine kicked off?

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don't know about Villa, but they were paying Everton £9.6m a year: money that Everton haven't even started to look at replacing.

"Everton to bring Cazoo sponsorship agreement to end after current season - Liverpool Echo" https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-cazoo-breaking-23294775.amp

@Chocoholic I think they signed up at the same time, Villa were only 6m per year, but of course they've had time down in the championship. 

Cazoo are doing loads of sponsorship across a lot of stuff - they are heavily involved with PDC darts for example, recently signed up to sponsor a few of their events tournament on tv this weekend for example is sponsored by them.

They have probably realised the shite are not all that for them and decided to swerve them going forward

1 minute ago, DalyanPete said:
Everton FC will be the biggest cultural victim of the Ukraine War. Make no mistake about that.

It's great the way a few of them carry on the conversation about the prospects for a new owner before they catch on that this has been posted. You can almost see the "wait! What?" double takes.

Dave doubles down on it, of course.

Screenshot_2022-03-05-11-11-46-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's great the way a few of them carry on the conversation about the prospects for a new owner before they catch on that this has been posted. You can almost see the "wait! What?" double takes.

Dave doubles down on it, of course.

Screenshot_2022-03-05-11-11-46-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Quality entertainment over there.

1 minute ago, devilsadvocate said:

That esk article predicts their loss will be 114m for 2021 and 135m for this yr. That will mean a total loss of circa 390m over the last 3 yrs. 

Also reckons they need to borrow 400m to fund the stadium and it’s not yet in place. 

I'm sure some talented, hard-working Russian gentleman will oblige... 

9 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

That esk article predicts their loss will be 114m for 2021 and 135m for this yr. That will mean a total loss of circa 390m over the last 3 yrs. 

Also reckons they need to borrow 400m to fund the stadium and it’s not yet in place. 

I still smile when I see them saying this unicorn stadium will cost £350m-£400m.

They've clearly only 'suspended' dealings with usmanov rather than cancel them because they think when this crisis blows over, they can simply re start the agreements.

That could depend on usmanov wanting to re start them never mind how far in the future would that be.

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I still smile when I see them saying this unicorn stadium will cost £350m-£400m.

They've clearly only 'suspended' dealings with usmanov rather than cancel them because they think when this crisis blows over, they can simply re start the agreements.

That could depend on usmanov wanting to re start them never mind how far in the future would that be.

If the UK government seize his properties why would he would want to invest another penny in this country. 

Esk estimates stadium will cost 550m in total. Mosh putting in 100m and they got 45m from LCR(30m loan), so 400m to find. 50-100m was coming from USM and the rest was it be financed but the USM contribution is no more.