You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

They go on about us bottling buses but .... (I wonder why he was banned....) 

page-5

St Domestos

St Domestos

Banned
Suspended
Wimbledon's coach being set on fire the night before - In the Lower Bullens two hours before kick off. and ending the match in Gwladys St after a couple of pitch invasions - And loads of fella's in the queue threatening to run on and deck Vinne Jones if things went wrong.

The atmosphere that day for me equalled the Bayern Munich game

There was a rimoir vinmie was gonna get slashed if they got beat

5 hours ago, General Dryness said:

My favourite Carlin quote is "imagine how stupid the average person is then realize half of all people are stupider than that." 

I'm afraid I really don't like that quote. I suspect it was meant in jest, but even so, I find it disparaging and contemptuous. How much better, more compassionate - although arguably rather less "amusing" - to say "imagine how clever the average person is then realize (sic) half of all people are cleverer than that." 

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Work Blue has just come in to give me an incredibly detailed history on why the European Cup isn't what it used to be...

We must be good.

Is it because Everton have never won it in its current format?

Oh wait…

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Is it because Everton have never won it in its current format?

Oh wait…

We got all the way back to Forest in seventies and how today's teams can't hold a candle to them or match that excitement.

I zoned out when he stated that Liverpool we're a second division team in relatively recent memory and started to think about Bobby's header last night.

55 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

We got all the way back to Forest in seventies and how today's teams can't hold a candle to them or match that excitement.

I zoned out when he stated that Liverpool we're a second division team in relatively recent memory and started to think about Bobby's header last night.

Exciting? He must have been watching a different Nottingham Forest. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

"Relatively recent"?

Is he a geologist?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

"But I thought Evertonians don't watch Liverpool games?"

*conversation ends*

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

What a load of bollocks.

One of my blue mates has told me the same. That someone had been offered money to run on the pitch and slash their players. Watch the final whistle. The entire Wimbledon team leg it straight down the tunnel which is odd.

7 hours ago, rb14 said:

I'm afraid I really don't like that quote. I suspect it was meant in jest, but even so, I find it disparaging and contemptuous. How much better, more compassionate - although arguably rather less "amusing" - to say "imagine how clever the average person is then realize (sic) half of all people are cleverer than that." 

I disagree. The world is at least half full of stupid.

I'll consider myself suitably chastised and leave it there.

1 hour ago, TheSire said:

One of my blue mates has told me the same. That someone had been offered money to run on the pitch and slash their players. Watch the final whistle. The entire Wimbledon team leg it straight down the tunnel which is odd.

When I was younger I used to go to a gym in West derby which a lot of bouncers went to. There was a group of them who went to all the Everton matches home and away (this is mid 90s ish). One of them was telling me about a time they went to old Trafford with a crossbow and one of them was going to shoot Gary Neville. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) whoever had the crossbow got collared on the way in.

I didn't know if the story was true, possible bullshit, but he seemed honest enough. I dunno - juiced up Scouse doormen, Everton, Gary Neville, old Trafford, crossbows - quite the heady brew.

(If anyone from Sky TV is reading this, I'll take a £million for the rights now - you've put out worse.)

58 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

When I was younger I used to go to a gym in West derby which a lot of bouncers went to. There was a group of them who went to all the Everton matches home and away (this is mid 90s ish). One of them was telling me about a time they went to old Trafford with a crossbow and one of them was going to shoot Gary Neville. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) whoever had the crossbow got collared on the way in.

I didn't know if the story was true, possible bullshit, but he seemed honest enough. I dunno - juiced up Scouse doormen, Everton, Gary Neville, old Trafford, crossbows - quite the heady brew.

(If anyone from Sky TV is reading this, I'll take a £million for the rights now - you've put out worse.)

Robin Hood over there. If it's true, twats and if he's made it up, twats 

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

Am I right in that I am reading stories of Evertonians encouraging and bragging about hooliganism & violence? Not very corinthian is it. 

I love the way they say we have a ground full of wools and Norwegians..yet we also rampage across Europe.