You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Alli will do well for them. Fresh start with lower expectations at a smaller club. He'll probably fill the void that Fylthi has left, or play up front in a Bobby role when DCL is on the catwalk/medical table. 

Can see then pulling away to lower mid table now. Interesting to see how their finances will look at the end of the season. I fear for them, I really do. 

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Alli will do well for them. Fresh start with lower expectations at a smaller club. He'll probably fill the void that Fylthi has left, or play up front in a Bobby role when DCL is on the catwalk/medical table. 

Can see then pulling away to lower mid table now. Interesting to see how their finances will look at the end of the season. I fear for them, I really do. 

Didn't Moshiri convert 100m of debt to equity to cover the losses for FFP?

9 hours ago, Pidge said:

They seem to think Van de Beek is going to play in the heart of midfield, some seem to think Alli will as well. I actually think he could be a very good proper centre mid, but he's shown no desire to be that so far...

Van de Beek was very good in central midfield for Ajax. He's probably better getting forward but he's good in the middle. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Van de Beek was very good in central midfield for Ajax. He's probably better getting forward but he's good in the middle. 

Was going to ask what you thought. Even back then he always seemed to be breaking forward from what I'd seen. Aaron Ramsay for Arsenal style "midfielder".

1 hour ago, SlugTrail said:

Didn't Moshiri convert 100m of debt to equity to cover the losses for FFP?

Don’t think it works quite like that. You can’t eliminate a loss other than by making a profit. This move changes the balance sheet rather than P&L account

10 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Alli/Lampard/Van de Beek will not be at Everton in 2 years time.

And everyone knows it. Thats the beauty of football for us all I guess. It allows us to dispense of rational thought and dare to dream.   

2 years? That will make Lampard one of their longest servers. It's the goings on at Everton that make you realise a) that the money involved in the PL is beyond obscene and b) how corrupt that money and everything around it is.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barnesey said:

Don’t think it works quite like that. You can’t eliminate a loss other than by making a profit. This move changes the balance sheet rather than P&L account

I thought as part of financial rair play owners could under write a proportion of debt by turning it into equity.