You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hopefully they're in the championship next season. 

At least he'll have some experience of that...

I don't get it, they just want a name as manager? His managerial career has been underwhelming so far. He didn't get Derby promoted despite them spending prior to going bust and he wasn't exactly a success at Chelsea. He hasn't even had experience of a relegation fight which I'd suggest should be on the CV of their next manager. Happy Days!

Just now, clangers said:

I don't get it, they just want a name as manager? His managerial career has been underwhelming so far. He didn't get Derby promoted despite them spending prior to going bust and he wasn't exactly a success at Chelsea. He hasn't even had experience of a relegation fight which I'd suggest should be on the CV of their next manager. Happy Days!

He had loads of Chelsea players on loan as well at Derby. 

I've seen them saying "he did well for Celsea under the transfer ban". They brought back a few good loan players and somehow still signed Kovacic and Pulisic for £100m combined and then another £200m to finish 8th when he was sacked. 

8 minutes ago, clangers said:

Well if there's  wrong way about doing things most Premier League chairmen get on the phone to Bill and ask what Everton are doing & do the complete opposite. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Lampard now alleged favourite. I guess Vitor’s little Sky outburst did for him.

Well if European Cup winners like Ancelotti and Benitez don’t work out, why not go back a step or two and get a manager who brilliantly set Chelsea up for a European Cup before Tuchel came in to take all the glory. 

As someone said what the fuck do they want, they're right up there in world football in terms of spending, they have had big name managers many have been sacked on the whims of the fans, what are they asking for, what do they expect. The worse thing about them is their negativity and their need to blame every fucker else instead of themselves. The hypocrisy of them accusing us of "its always someone else's fault" 

• Upvote 1

They haven't got a fucking clue what they want. They make out that they are the most unique set of fans in the world by saying they are Born not Manufactured simply because they go to football matches. Yet they've robbed every slogan or soundbite off other clubs. 

They despise us but deep down they want to be like us. A club that's competed without being bankrolled by a state, respected outside of this country, have a worldwide fan base and have won things. They hate our fans but we've organised protests and voiced our concerns over things the owners have done to make them backtrack. 

If they were successful the rest of the country would dislike them, maybe not as much as us, its just that they are irrelevant, harmless and act like everyone's best mate that no one hates them which they confuse with other clubs respecting them.  

Even if they did win something their first thought would be to see how much it pissed us off rather than just enjoying it or a relief that they've broken a long run without a trophy. Their first thought when they announced their stadium was to tell us that our heads were falling off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

As someone said what the fuck do they want, they're right up there in world football in terms of spending, they have had big name managers many have been sacked on the whims of the fans, what are they asking for, what do they expect. The worse thing about them is their negativity and their need to blame every fucker else instead of themselves. The hypocrisy of them accusing us of "its always someone else's fault" 

The fifth post on the first page of this 11 year old thread is still as relevant now as it was back then.

Screenshot_20220127-144425_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 5