You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fella in my local who is just the same. Reckons he went loads of games with us and them in the 80's "different time then we all went together I know more about your club than you" etc etc but try and pin him to any detail about anything and he starts raising his voice "look at him he's rattled all the same you lot no idea about anything" no honest, what games did you go? "aaahhh see these lot they haven't got a clue, got us banned and think it's all about them" then just keeps talking all over everyone until he eventually fucks off when nobody pays anymore attention to him. I reckon his batteries run out in the car-park and a group of fellas in NEC bubble jackets throw him in a van, charge him up and throw him in a pub down the road. 

Thing is, he probably did but can't go into it because he knows they're shit and we aren't but will he fuck ever ever face up to reality. 

Completely different breed of human. 

This fella always hijacks any Liverpool related post on my Facebook to talk about the time he was in the pub winding up Liverpool fans.

I posted a few months back about the 2001 final when Houllier passed away saying how great a final it was and he just goes on about shouting when Arsenal's goal went in etc. Completely not seeing the irony of me going to a final to see my own team winning a trophy while he's a sad twat sitting in the pub watching a team he doesn't support trying to get a reaction out of people. 

Never known him to go to any games despite saying "I was at Villa Park in 89".

Known him for 20 odd years and the only game I can confirm he's ever been to was the fa cup game against Lincoln about 3 years ago because the tickets were about a fiver. 

22 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They're going to give Gerrard a huge amount of abuse on Saturday. Wonder if their classy "the baby's not yours" chant will get an airing?. Or slipping on his arse in a title race even though Everton have never been involved in a title race since Gerrard was in junior school.

What do you think? 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'Everton co-owner Farhad Moshiri has ploughed another £100m into the club after increasing his stake to 94 per cent, according to PA Sport. The Iranian businessman, who has already spent over half-a-billion pounds on transfers since his £200m takeover in 2016, is converting loans from his Blue Heaven Holdings into equity.

What a shrewd businessman he is! Divesting from Blue Heaven to invest in Blue Hell.

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'Everton co-owner Farhad Moshiri has ploughed another £100m into the club after increasing his stake to 94 per cent, according to PA Sport. The Iranian businessman, who has already spent over half-a-billion pounds on transfers since his £200m takeover in 2016, is converting loans from his Blue Heaven Holdings into equity.

Last February 100,000 new shares were issued and he has purchased the final third of those, having already acquired 66 per cent 12 months ago.

The move, announced in a letter to fans, provides a much-needed boost to Everton’s finances, having posted a combined £265m loss for the last three financial years.

“I write to you to assure you that my commitment remains strong and focused,” he said in his letter. “The club has announced today the conversion of a £100m loan to the club into equity which is a clear demonstration of my commitment and greatly strengthens the balance sheet.

“I am a private man and I do not speak publicly very often. But I promise you that my determination to deliver for Everton will not waiver.”'

2 hours ago, aws said:

It's not a new £100m,  it just takes an existing £100m loan from him off the books.  

This. He hasnt injected a single new penny into the club here. They can spin it any way they want but the reality is he's changed one piece of paper that says 'loan' with another that says 'ownership shares'!

The club owed him £100m loan, now he just owns another £100m of the club. He's up to 94% so he cant pull this trick to such an extent again unless they do a complete new share issue which will devalue existing share value.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Isn't he that unfunny knobhead who does the Purple Aki songs on his guitar in the back yard?.

He's been on some podcasts talking about his time in prison.

Yes, and he always has this fake smile plastered on his face, in the way that only the truly depressed can manage.