You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I love these old 1920’s era training sessions where the sole coaching criteria was shouting “let’s go!” and “c’mon son!”

It's like the bit at the end of the channel 4 ident, where the old fella runs out and all the kids scatter and the midget drives his go cart.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I love these old 1920’s era training sessions where the sole coaching criteria was shouting “let’s go!” and “c’mon son!”

You watch our inside training videos on the offal and those rondos are always robotic looking. Swift, sharp passing, little flicks and subtle movements.

Then you watch this and there’s a part towards the end with multiple consecutive headers!

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

You watch our inside training videos on the offal and those rondos are always robotic looking. Swift, sharp passing, little flicks and subtle movements.

Then you watch this and there’s a part towards the end with multiple consecutive headers!

I don't know if the editors are cherry-picking the best rondos or what is happening but other clubs' versions are a total disaster by comparison with the ones that get posted on our official training videos.

I recall one from a couple of years back that United posted where it was absolutely embarrassing by comparison. Ours are so crisp and quick, they couldn't put three passes together!

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I don't know if the editors are cherry-picking the best rondos or what is happening but other clubs' versions are a total disaster by comparison with the ones that get posted on our official training videos.

I recall one from a couple of years back that United posted where it was absolutely embarrassing by comparison. Ours are so crisp and quick, they couldn't put three passes together!

I’m gonna say, from evidence of watching our lads play a match, and then watching other clubs play a match, more often that not over the lads 3-4 years you could say the same thing.

similarly, I watched the first 20 minutes of the second half if the FA Youth Cup last night before I went to play 5-a-side. And both teams played in the style of their respective first teams, including Burnley knocking it long as often as possible and making a nuisance of themselves. 

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

The way they idolise him is fucking bizarre. 

Yep. The really sad thing is how so many pundits and reporters appear (or act like they're) too young to remember old Dunky as the uber-thug that he was as a player, so whenever he pops up now in his little blue suit they all go 'Awwww' and talk about him like he's this adorable sporting treasure. It's profoundly disorientating to anyone with either a memory or access to YouTube.

I was listening to the radio the last time he was standing-in for a recently incinerated sinner and they had some ludicrous 'touching' story about how Howard Kendall's widow had personally given Big Dunk one of Howard's prized possssions (presumably a bottle opener) for luck as interim boss. They were practically playing violins as the piece was broadcast. The bloke ought to be in a maximum security prison cell, not on the edge of a bloody football pitch!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

18 hours ago, gkmacca said:

There's a story McKenzie himself tells of being ignored by England managers so much that even Keegan felt sorry for him:

"It got so bad that before one friendly Kevin Keegan said he would fall down towards the end, just so I could get my first cap. Thing was, they brought Malcolm Macdonald on instead!"

That’s a story which says a great deal about England in the 70s. 
It shows how there was a plethora of talent, not always used wisely by a succession of managers. 
It illustrates that Kevin Keegan was a noble team mate, willing to sacrifice himself for other players. 
And it shows that Duncan McKenzie will make up any old shit, as Malcolm McDonald made five substitute appearances for England and he didn’t come on for Kevin Keegan in any of them

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, Ron B said:

That’s a story which says a great deal about England in the 70s. 
It shows how there was a plethora of talent, not always used wisely by a succession of managers. 
It illustrates that Kevin Keegan was a noble team mate, willing to sacrifice himself for other players. 
And it shows that Duncan McKenzie will make up any old shit, as Malcolm McDonald made five substitute appearances for England and he didn’t come on for Kevin Keegan in any of them

An Evertonian inventing things?. Fuck off, no one associated with High Horse FC would do that. 

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Says big Dunc who picked on the big grocks like Jimmy Bullard, Robbie Savage and Steffen Freund.  Also butting John McStay and a pensioner on crutches. 

The way they idolise him is fucking bizarre. 

My money is on the lad from Huyton rather than a pigeon fancying cunt from Glasgow.

• Upvote 2

He just plays up to all their small time bitterness perfectly.

He was a shite footballer, a horrible prick who at a proper big club wouldn't have got anywhere let alone be idolised.

The absolute epitome of mediocrity, but he has an EFC tattoo and gobs off about us so he is a 'legend' and a hero.

Says it all about Everton that fact.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

One in four months?

It is baffling how they idolise him. Around the time he was playing several Evertonians I know were obsessed with him. I always asked why when he was basically just a Scottish John Fashanu and it basically came down to the fact that he scored a couple of goals in derbies.

Also that they believed that the entire Liverpool team were terrified of him. They said Neil Ruddock who was allegedly our hardman Shit out of marking him in the Derby where Cadamarteri scored. He let q smaller Kvarme mark Ferguson and the fat twat wanted to mark a smaller faster player. 

Despite going on about Heysel and saying that all our fans causing trouble everywhere we go they idolise him for his violence. The only player who I've seen him have an altercation with around his size is Martin Keown. 

All his targets have been smaller, softer players like Bullard, Freud, Savage and McStay. 

They completely forget he was always injured, unfit and unprofessional, never talked to the media and drove off without acknowledging the fans who travelled all the way up to Sgotland to wait outside with banners when he was released from Barlinnie.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

He just plays up to all their small time bitterness perfectly.

He was a shite footballer, a horrible prick who at a proper big club wouldn't have got anywhere let alone be idolised.

The absolute epitome of mediocrity, but he has an EFC tattoo and gobs off about us so he is a 'legend' and a hero.

Says it all about Everton that fact.

Don't know why they don't just fuck footy off and go to watch the UFC instead. They just go on about fighting, passion and have so much pent up anger.

• Upvote 1