You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The courage of Bill Kenwright in defying the pandemic

It's now November 2022, and Bill Kenwright's new production of 'Return to Neverton,' featuring Jenny Seagrove and a blackmailed Martin Shaw, reading each and every emotional announcement and dismissal of Everton managers from Roberto Martinez to Roberto Martinez, opens at the Complan Community Centre Library Annexe in Garstang.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

41 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

The courage of Bill Kenwright in defying the pandemic

It's now November 2022, and Bill Kenwright's new production of 'Return to Neverton,' featuring Jenny Seagrove and a blackmailed Martin Shaw, reading each and every emotional announcement and dismissal of Everton managers from Roberto Martinez to Roberto Martinez, opens at the Complan Community Centre Library Annexe in Garstang.

First thing he said to me both times - "I'll get you Champions League"

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

A fella who used to drink with my Dad always used to go on about Duncan McKenzie saying he was the best player he'd ever seen in an Everton shirt. He only played 2 sessons and fucked off to Chelsea. Said he was more skilful than Glenn Hoddle.

This fella also hates Kevin Keegan because he believed he was overrated and stopped McKenzie getting in the England team. He was that bitter he refused to watch England while Keegan was the manager at Euro 2000 refusing to go the pub with my Dad when all the others they drunk with went to watch it.  They are just mental.

I was only a kid but any comparison of McKenzie with keegan is laughable. He was alright more on a oar with a Rodney March,  really good in flashes when they could be arsed. 

What is it with them and players called Dunc, twats

15 minutes ago, index1000 said:

I was only a kid but any comparison of McKenzie with keegan is laughable. He was alright more on a oar with a Rodney March,  really good in flashes when they could be arsed. 

I don't understand them sometimes. Rather than just admit they have average players they just big them up to be far better than they were/are. 

Used to play footy with a rabid bloo who said Joe Parkinson was the best midfielder in the Premier League but because he played for Everton he didn't get the plaudits. But no one else ever came in for him, same with Leighton Baines who they all call the best left back in PL history. If he was that good he would have left to go to the Mancs or Chelsea. 

When I said that no one else had come in for Parkinson he then said "you overrated Dalglish then because no top European teams ever came in for him". Conveniently forgetting he won 3 European Cups and loads of domestic trophies so had no real reason to move. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, index1000 said:

he could jump over a mini and throw a cricket ball the length of a pitch.  Pity he was fucking useless with a football.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stringvest said:

he could jump over a mini and throw a cricket ball the length of a pitch.  Pity he was fucking useless with a football.

Anyone remember the Radio City phone in when Tommy Smith used to do it?. The bitters moaned all the time about him presenting it for being biased towards Liverpool (he wasn't, he was quite objective and also criticised Liverpool when necessary) so they eventually replaced him Duncan McKenzie. 

Once he started presenting it he basically turned it into Everton Fan TV and tried winding up loads of Liverpool fans. Bit weird considering he was from Grimsby and only player 2 seasons for them yet acted like Tony Bellew or Derek Hatton. Same applies to Ian Snodin, both bad wools but go ott with the bitterness to fit in with their fan base.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, index1000 said:

There's a story McKenzie himself tells of being ignored by England managers so much that even Keegan felt sorry for him:

"It got so bad that before one friendly Kevin Keegan said he would fall down towards the end, just so I could get my first cap. Thing was, they brought Malcolm Macdonald on instead!"

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

When I said that no one else had come in for Parkinson he then said "you overrated Dalglish then because no top European teams ever came in for him". Conveniently forgetting he won 3 European Cups and loads of domestic trophies so had no real reason to move. 

And forgetting that he was at the top European team already. 

"We don't care what the red side say...'

Yes, you do.

"We don't care what the red side say..."

You clearly do.

"We don't care what the red side say...."

Let's reassess things after another few months of medication, therapy and solitary confinement, eh?