You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm guessing Digne was a high earlier. I'm sure part of his job there has been to clear the wage bill and take the flak for it. 

Are you saying Dogne clears his wages out by buying drugs and getting high?

Rafa's career choices post-Liverpool have been very questionable to say the least, so him going to Everton and things working out would have required a bigger miracle than he got in Istanbul.

Not enough is made of the fact that Big Dunc has been assistant manager ever since they got rid of Bobby Brown Shoes (he might even have been the assistant then too, I don't know). How many managers have they had since then? Rafa, Ancelotti, Fat Sam, Silva, Koeman and I could be missing another name there. In what? 5 years?

It's like they are keeping Big Dunc on to prevent the bitter brigade from mutinying (again) or hurling flak in their direction, when the club and the manager would be better off cutting the anchor and trying to steer the ship away from the choppy waters they insist on dwelling in. They desperately need to start making decisions on what is best for Everton now without looking at what Liverpool are doing, and jib off the neanderthal element within their midst. Judging by their revenues being completely dominated by TV money (dodgy Uncle Uzzy money probably being the next largest source), they've no need to keep the neanderthals on board as they don't bring in money, just an atmosphere of hostility and negativity.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Rafa's career choices post-Liverpool have been very questionable to say the least, so him going to Everton and things working out would have required a bigger miracle than he got in Istanbul.

Not enough is made of the fact that Big Dunc has been assistant manager ever since they got rid of Bobby Brown Shoes (he might even have been the assistant then too, I don't know). How many managers have they had since then? Rafa, Ancelotti, Fat Sam, Silva, Koeman and I could be missing another name there. In what? 5 years?

It's like they are keeping Big Dunc on to prevent the bitter brigade from mutinying (again) or hurling flak in their direction, when the club and the manager would be better off cutting the anchor and trying to steer the ship away from the choppy waters they insist on dwelling in. They desperately need to start making decisions on what is best for Everton now without looking at what Liverpool are doing, and jib off the neanderthal element within their midst. Judging by their revenues being completely dominated by TV money (dodgy Uncle Uzzy money probably being the next largest source), they've no need to keep the neanderthals on board as they don't bring in money, just an atmosphere of hostility and negativity.

I've said this about them believing they have to worry about us for ages. It's a smaller scale version of when we worried about Man U for years rather than getting our own house in order. We nearly went bust for that to happen.

Well, he must have known how it was probably going to go, but that's Rafa. I don't enjoy seeing him getting flak from those idiots, but he chose to join those idiots. 

Strange how the left back issue seems to follow him around. This is Martin Broughton talking about his first meeting with Rafa: '“He had come with a shopping list which included, for example, a left back. And I said ‘Rafa, you’ve been here six years, and you’ve bought six left backs and you’re telling me none of them have worked. So what are you going to differently this time?’ There was no answer'. 

• Like 1

Rafa had no qualms about threatening to leave Liverpool either when he wasn’t getting his way - hence the shenanigans around Klinsmann.  He’s a professional manager who has made a good living out of being employed and being sacked.  He’s a pragmatist living off diminishing- though still highly lucrative- returns.  He’s doing what most of us would do in his situation.

12 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Rafa had no qualms about threatening to leave Liverpool either when he wasn’t getting his way - hence the shenanigans around Klinsmann.  He’s a professional manager who has made a good living out of being employed and being sacked.  He’s a pragmatist living off diminishing- though still highly lucrative- returns.  He’s doing what most of us would do in his situation.

I think a 'proper,' cool-headed, pragmatist would brutally streamline his personal 'team' of helpers, whom he continues to employ even between gigs to 'work on our projects,' and get back to basics. Everything about him has grown bloated over time. He's reached the football equivalent of the Greg Lake stage of fussing over the square of carpet the roadies put on stage every night. 

• Upvote 1

Dream on sweetcheeks.

Kovac or Lampard
I am favouring the latter simply because I think he could sort the squad out with his links to Chelsea we could get us the best of their youth players. With Lampard here we could conceivably get Gallagher, Gilmour and maybe Hudson-Odoi as well.

2 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Dream on sweetcheeks.

Kovac or Lampard
I am favouring the latter simply because I think he could sort the squad out with his links to Chelsea we could get us the best of their youth players. With Lampard here we could conceivably get Gallagher, Gilmour and maybe Hudson-Odoi as well.

Leaving aside the question of why on earth Lampard would want to go to that poisonous cesspit, why would those players want to reunite with him?

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He looks absolutely woeful. She had their game on a stream yesterday and it felt like everytime I had a glance he was losing the ball. 

And there's talk both full backs they have brought in aren't Rafa deals and we're set up by brands before they sacked him, which is fucking weird. 

17 hours ago, Anubis said:

From the BBC

FT: Norwich 2-1 Everton
Been a while since I've heard Loco in Acapulco by the Four Tops. The Norwich fans aren't going loco, but they do seem pretty happy as they file out. The Everton fans are fuming in East Anglia, though. That 'sack Rafael' banner is still flapping about and they're chanting bile at everyone and everything.

The twelfth man in all its glory. Fuckin embarrassing..

Loving every minute of this.

Fucking hell, I just went in the GoT Rafa thread following a discussion with an Evertonian mate of mine.

Where up I saw this print for sale, absolute state of this composition… the Perple bins and Goodsion hiding behind a house that looks like it’s been drawn on sketch up is magnificent.

Makes Philly look amateur 

E5219495-04E3-46E7-8DC4-FCA5633399D5.jpeg

• Upvote 3