You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

She had the Everton game on the laptop next to me, I also generally watch all their games if we aren't on (because of her) and that Gordon plays without fear. His ball in for their goal tonight was outstanding. Branthwaite looks a solid player who will be snapped up in no time if he gets more time. Apparently Simms barely got a sniff tonight but the young lad Dobbin who came on looks lively. It's the likes of Gomez, Holgate, Iwobi who stink the place out. Established players in that side who are fucking garbage. They need to give him time and he will improve them, problem is, they won't. Blame will always be on Rafa because of us. Obsessed, weird dickheads. 

roy vernon

Player Valuation: £20m
Benitez got his tactics spot on tonight, defence looked far more solid with Branthwaite added to it and, I thought, in spite of the criticism he was given, Kenny looked far more solid than Coleman has. Kenny is not the answer, by any means, but, is probably a better option than Coleman at the moment.

I thought Pickford was outstanding and I stand by what I have said in the past, he is the least of our problems and should not be sold. Branthwaite each time he has played in the first team has looked both commanding and composed, he is comfortable on the ball for such a big lad. It was refreshing to see the pace up front of Gordon and first Simms then later Dobbin, what a nice change having a centre forward on the field who can run.

I was torn three ways for MOTM between Pickford, Branthwaite and Gordon, I went for Tony Gordon the amount of work he put in was immense, but, he also seems to be maturing as a player all of a sudden. Young Branthwaite looks a player. In the modern game you really need at least one defender who is huge, Branthwaite fills the bill, I’d be happy to see him play all the games for which Mina is not available.

Going forward now, I hope Benitez realises that when his first choice strikers are not available, he should look to the young Simms and Dobbin, rather than his washed up Venezuelan mate. There is no excuse for us ever having to see Rondon lumbering around the pitch again.

Buzzing off that performance tonight, we rode our luck, we could have been 3 down in the first 20 minutes, but, they say fortune favors the brave and tonight the blues were both brave and fortunate. A much better performance than the Arsenal game imho.

emperor-palpatine-evil-laugh.gif

• Upvote 2

They certainly bring up their youngsters with one eye on the diving too.

Dobbins first game and he was booked for simulation, just like the other kid should have been against us.

DCL isn’t averse to toppling easily and the less said about Richarlison the better.

But cheers Rafa for nicking a point.

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

roy vernon

Player Valuation: £20m
Benitez got his tactics spot on tonight, defence looked far more solid with Branthwaite added to it and, I thought, in spite of the criticism he was given, Kenny looked far more solid than Coleman has. Kenny is not the answer, by any means, but, is probably a better option than Coleman at the moment.

I thought Pickford was outstanding and I stand by what I have said in the past, he is the least of our problems and should not be sold. Branthwaite each time he has played in the first team has looked both commanding and composed, he is comfortable on the ball for such a big lad. It was refreshing to see the pace up front of Gordon and first Simms then later Dobbin, what a nice change having a centre forward on the field who can run.

I was torn three ways for MOTM between Pickford, Branthwaite and Gordon, I went for Tony Gordon the amount of work he put in was immense, but, he also seems to be maturing as a player all of a sudden. Young Branthwaite looks a player. In the modern game you really need at least one defender who is huge, Branthwaite fills the bill, I’d be happy to see him play all the games for which Mina is not available.

Going forward now, I hope Benitez realises that when his first choice strikers are not available, he should look to the young Simms and Dobbin, rather than his washed up Venezuelan mate. There is no excuse for us ever having to see Rondon lumbering around the pitch again.

Buzzing off that performance tonight, we rode our luck, we could have been 3 down in the first 20 minutes, but, they say fortune favors the brave and tonight the blues were both brave and fortunate. A much better performance than the Arsenal game imho.

emperor-palpatine-evil-laugh.gif

Fortune favours the brave? The BRAVE? What's brave about 11 behind the ball and hoping for a counter?

• Upvote 1

I did say that Chelsea weren't as good as their early form suggested. I am not a big fan of Tuchel and when things get tough he tends to concentrate on the defensive side of the game. Klopp is the opposite and fortune tends to favour the brave.

I hadn't seen the use of that metaphor or simile or whatever before I posted.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I thought they already had the best left back in the league.

We should put a bid in for Digne, so he can "turn the RS down for the third time", thereby cementing his place as a club legend. All of this ensuring they can't sell him to recoup the money they spend on this Ukrainian lad.

The one flaw in this plan is if 'the best left back in the league' were to say "yes" to us. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I went into their Liverpool One shop a while back, having just come from the Reds shop a couple of doors down. All I could think was "fucking hell, do you have to be so much worse than us at everything?". The purpose of those shops is to gull people into wanting to empty their pockets for shit they don't need; it's all in the layout, the presentation, the atmosphere, the staff and the range of products. Even present-shopping for a Bloo, you walk into their shop, shrug then walk out.

Did you have a shower afterwards?

Ive only looked at that shop from a distance. 

18 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

We should put a bid in for Digne, so he can "turn the RS down for the third time", thereby cementing his place as a club legend. All of this ensuring they can't sell him to recoup the money they spend on this Ukrainian lad.

The one flaw in this plan is if 'the best left back in the league' were to say "yes" to us. 

We have 2 great left backs, my worry is he'd jump at the chance and steal wages with his splintery arse 

20 minutes ago, Code said:

Did you have a shower afterwards?

Ive only looked at that shop from a distance. 

I went in there on Christmas eve (The Liverpool One branch) getting some last minute shite for her and it was dead. "D'yer wan'it gift wrappin' love?" No I'd like to leave this soulless void before my head falls off, Merry Christmas