You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

48 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They’ve convinced themselves that Richarlison was poor because he wasn’t getting any service. Not a problem Rondon or Gordon seemed to have.

I actually wanted that Gordon chance to go in. They wouldn't have know what the fuck to do. Also would have saved me having a miserable poorly blue and white shite missus who won't let me have Shakin' Stevens on the xmas playlist anymore. Hahaha as if... 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Torres at Reading as well before we played Marseille in the Champions league. 

That was the day I realised we wouldn't win the league under Rafa. It broke me that substitution.

5 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Its just a shame that out of the six teams below them, at least three will be consistently shitter over the course of the next twenty odd games.

There's no chance they're going down sadly. They have a 7 point cushion don't they? They'll get enough games like arsenal the other day and will be a bit better when DCL eventually comes back. 

2 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

Errr Dave have you not been listening to Bill…

“One very famous football club said to me two or three days ago 'whenever we have a problem we say 'what would the Everton board do because they always get it right?”

An all timer that one.

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

That was the day I realised we wouldn't win the league under Rafa. It broke me that substitution.

There's no chance they're going down sadly. They have a 7 point cushion don't they? They'll get enough games like arsenal the other day and will be a bit better when DCL eventually comes back. 

Not this season. Enough seasons of mid table mediocrity saw Villa off eventually though, so there's still hope for the mutants in blue.

Getting a bit low on saleable assets to keep the shit mill going too.

Richarlison is actually a player that had he stayed at Watford and confirmed his talent one more season, we'd have probably been in for him. It would have been similar to the Jota and Mane "Premier League proven" signings and he fits the mould of versatile, aggressive forward who can score goals as well that we look for. 

He's just another case of getting polluted by Everton. Although, he's an unlikeable scumbag on the pitch as well so he doesn't get the sympathy. 

Anyway, that sub yesterday was warranted. He is a good player but you can't be bad and barely get on the ball and stay on the pitch. He's not Salah or Messi that can stay on the pitch at all times. 

10 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

Errr Dave have you not been listening to Bill…

“One very famous football club said to me two or three days ago 'whenever we have a problem we say 'what would the Everton board do because they always get it right?”

Everton FC - “Getting it Right since 1878”

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Richarlison is actually a player that had he stayed at Watford and confirmed his talent one more season, we'd have probably been in for him. It would have been similar to the Jota and Mane "Premier League proven" signings and he fits the mould of versatile, aggressive forward who can score goals as well that we look for. 

He's just another case of getting polluted by Everton. Although, he's an unlikeable scumbag on the pitch as well so he doesn't get the sympathy. 

Anyway, that sub yesterday was warranted. He is a good player but you can't be bad and barely get on the ball and stay on the pitch. He's not Salah or Messi that can stay on the pitch at all times. 

Richarlison doesnt tick the boxes as a player to suit our system if he’d stayed with Watford another season or not.

like Klopps comment on Jota recently when he seen him play for wolves he said ‘yes I can work with that’ not sure klopp would have ever have looked at Richarlison and said that.

• Upvote 1

They’ve been crying for Brands to be sacked off for over a year…

Cork Evertonian

Cork Evertonian

Player Valuation: £40m
Brands wasn't perfect, but he also wasn't given full scope to do his job either. The timing of his dismissal was strange, and has thrown our January transfer window plans into chaos. I think the timing and sudden nature of Marcel Brands firing, is further proof that Moshiri hasn't got a bulls notion about what he's doing really.

We could potentially be entering the January transfer window, without a manager and director of football. But this is what happens when the club owner, is an egotistical maniac who's knows nothing about football.

Nymzee

Nymzee

Player Valuation: £70m

I don’t think the January plans change with or without Brands. It’s with or without Benitez they do.

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Not this season. Enough seasons of mid table mediocrity saw Villa off eventually though, so there's still hope for the mutants in blue.

Getting a bit low on saleable assets to keep the shit mill going too.

Yeah, maybe over time. I can't help but think somewhere though they can buy themselves out of their mess. If Mosh has permanently stopped putting cash in, they'll crumble under the weight of their payroll.

There are just so many bad teams, it's difficult to see how they could be 7 points worse than some of those below. The only real hope is maybe Leeds pick up if/when they get @aRdja 's bamford back (who seems to be broken again) and if Newcastle and Watford were both to spend and put a real run together. But I have no reason to think Howe knows how to spend money, Leeds just look a shambles and a championship team that everyone has worked out and Watford I think will just hope to cling on (which they probably will). If those 3 sides really picked up form and Everton stick with Rafa and it goes even more nasty, well maybe we can have some hope. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They’ve been crying for Brands to be sacked off for over a year…

Cork Evertonian

Cork Evertonian

Player Valuation: £40m
Brands wasn't perfect, but he also wasn't given full scope to do his job either. The timing of his dismissal was strange, and has thrown our January transfer window plans into chaos. I think the timing and sudden nature of Marcel Brands firing, is further proof that Moshiri hasn't got a bulls notion about what he's doing really.

We could potentially be entering the January transfer window, without a manager and director of football. But this is what happens when the club owner, is an egotistical maniac who's knows nothing about football.

Nymzee

Nymzee

Player Valuation: £70m

I don’t think the January plans change with or without Brands. It’s with or without Benitez they do.

Didn't Brands spend something like £300 million with fuck all to show for it?

Yeah, he needed more time and backing.

You wonder how long they can go on for like this. Their wage bill eats up most of their income, they haven't been in Europe for 5 seasons now and even if they got into the Europa or conference league it is only worth an extra €20m or €11m respectively. They are miles off challenging for a top 4 place which would make any difference to their finances. They've also completely ignored FFP and they are miles worse than any other team in the league. 

They will end up pissing away another £10-£15m if they sack Rafa anytime soon which will impact upon their ability to buy anyone. Anyone who comes in will have no transfer budget. 

Their ground is a shit tip and hasn't been touched since they avoided relegation in 1994 because they've had about 5 failed stadium moves. This new ground is going to end up costing around £750m yet there's never been any details of how they can finance it. Their owner has spent £685m acquiring the club, spending on transfer fees and about 200 public surveys for the new stadium. 

You hate to see it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

You wonder how long they can go on for like this. Their wage bill eats up most of their income, they haven't been in Europe for 5 seasons now and even if they got into the Europa or conference league it is only worth an extra €20m or €11m respectively. They are miles off challenging for a top 4 place which would make any difference to their finances. They've also completely ignored FFP and they are miles worse than any other team in the league. 

They will end up pissing away another £10-£15m if they sack Rafa anytime soon which will impact upon their ability to buy anyone. Anyone who comes in will have no transfer budget. 

Their ground is a shit tip and hasn't been touched since they avoided relegation in 1994 because they've had about 5 failed stadium moves. This new ground is going to end up costing around £750m yet there's never been any details of how they can finance it. Their owner has spent £685m acquiring the club, spending on transfer fees and about 200 public surveys for the new stadium. 

You hate to see it. 

i fear for them, i really do.