You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Also, why are people so wrapped up in the "fight aspect" of the derby? We don't need to "lay into them" and get in a physical battle, we're miles better than them. 

We’ve been better than them for decades yet, we have 2 wins in the league at the shed in 10 years. Under Klopp we’ve scored 3 goals at the pit in 5 games. 1 win.  We must do better. 

20 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

We’ve been better than them for decades yet, we have 2 wins in the league at the shed in 10 years. Under Klopp we’ve scored 3 goals at the pit in 5 games. 1 win.  We must do better. 

Must be because we haven't flown into tackles hard enough there.

8 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He can fuck off the poisonous, agenda driven, no necked, missing link, velcro botherer.

Whilst he has some relevant points they are completely overshadowed with the obvious contempt he has for Benitez, it almost sounds personal, as if Rafa pissed him off at some point.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

He can fuck off the poisonous, agenda driven, no necked, missing link, velcro botherer.

Whilst he has some relevant points they are completely overshadowed with the obvious contempt he has for Benitez, it almost sounds personal, as if Rafa pissed him off at some point.

98CD62AA-0E7E-4233-BA36-7A77C477D120.gif

11 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I didn’t mention that, you did, saying we don’t need to as we’re well better than them. Maybe it’s that arrogance that’s to blame

Objectively we are far better. The teams that try to muck the game up with bad tackles, shithousery and the like are almost always the worst team. The better team doesn't need to get involved in that bs.

The players obviously have to play the game and get it done, though. I doubt Liverpool players go into games with Everton thinking they don't have to try hard.

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

I can't believe how lightly some are taking this. We should beat them because they're atrocious at the moment, but we should have beaten Brighton and West Ham and didn't. It'll come down to attitude. If we are as casual as we have been recently, then we won't find it easy at all.

59 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I can't believe how lightly some are taking this. We should beat them because they're atrocious at the moment, but we should have beaten Brighton and West Ham and didn't. It'll come down to attitude. If we are as casual as we have been recently, then we won't find it easy at all.

Matt Zoller Seitz on Twitter: "I just wanted to tell you good luck, we're  all counting on you. https://t.co/QtyiekQpdY" / Twitter

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Objectively we are far better. The teams that try to muck the game up with bad tackles, shithousery and the like are almost always the worst team. The better team doesn't need to get involved in that bs.

The players obviously have to play the game and get it done, though. I doubt Liverpool players go into games with Everton thinking they don't have to try hard.

Shit teams often use stuff like outfighting, bullying physically and kicking better teams as a way of knocking them out of their stride/trying to level up the gap.

The bitters have got little going for them and roared on by a baying home crowd in their cup final demanding blood - physicallity and trying to knock us out of our stride is probably their only real hope.....so yeah we absolutely have to be ready to stand up to it...win some battles and the right to impose our extra class on the game.

It's often been this way down the years.

Silk and steel is required as i said earlier.

You sarcastically state our record there is not great because 'we haven't flown into tackles' ......has it occurred to you it might not be great because they have and they have managed to knock us out of our stride enough/make games bitty/disrupt us?

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

Shit teams often use stuff like outfighting, bullying physically and kicking better teams as a way of knocking them out of their stride/trying to level up the gap.

The bitters have got little going for them and roared on by a baying home crowd in their cup final demanding blood - physicallity and trying to knock us out of our stride is probably their only real hope.....so yeah we absolutely have to be ready to stand up to it...win some battles and the right to impose our extra class on the game.

It's often been this way down the years.

Silk and steel is required as i said earlier.

Yeah, that's fine, no one will say that's wrong. That's not what your argument was, though. You basically said Klopp is making them think they can bully us. 

The point is; when even Klopp, who is known as someone who enjoys physical football and has said he likes his teams to bring down better teams to his level, is saying that he doesn’t like what happens in the derby, it says that has nothing to do with football. It's malicious tackles for the sake of it, the wrong kind of agression, etc... Stuff we don't have to get involved in.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Also, why are people so wrapped up in the "fight aspect" of the derby? We don't need to "lay into them" and get in a physical battle, we're miles better than them. The game at Anfield last year we were simply in awful form and were injured.

Its not a question of laying into them. It's a question of standing up in the face of an inevitable onslaught of poor challenges. You can be brave enough to not let that change your game. But lots of players wilt and back down. We can't do that. We have to show we don't care about their tactics, we'll beat them anyway. 

• Upvote 1

At any level of the game, it has always been the case that you firstly have to meet the challenge from the opponent, then impose your superiority in terms of tactics and skill.

There’s been many a good team overcome by an inferior side because they haven’t competed enough in the first place.

Sadly, you can’t expect officials these to days keep it a level playing field by ensuring excessive challenges and general skullduggery get the response they deserve.

We should beat them easily, they aren’t as good a team as we are, we all know that isn’t always the outcome, but we were due to give United a good hiding and did so, I only hope the same occurs on Wednesday night.

The ref needs to get a grip early on, they will come out and try to kick us off the park. They will start with Allan,Dacoure and Davis in midfield and they will kick anything that moves in the first 10 mins if the ref let's it slide it will get messy because I can see us giving it back then it will become a shit show which suits them down to the ground the cunts.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, that's fine, no one will say that's wrong. That's not what your argument was, though. You basically said Klopp is making them think they can bully us. 

The point is; when even Klopp, who is known as someone who enjoys physical football and has said he likes his teams to bring down better teams to his level, is saying that he doesn’t like what happens in the derby, it says that has nothing to do with football. It's malicious tackles for the sake of it, the wrong kind of agression, etc... Stuff we don't have to get involved in.

I have been talking about both parts, what you agree with and what you don't - and i stand by my comments about IMO Klopp talking about 'not liking the intensity' gives them a little boost that they can use in a 'these don't fancy it, get into them boys' way.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Say it again!

• Upvote 1