You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's because we need to be there at the end of the season fighting for trophies. We don't need to be in some physical war where everyone's flying into tackles risking injury just because we're playing a rival. We're better than them, we can simply outplay them.

Everton in contrast have nothing to lose. They aren't accomplishimg anything, so will gladly get into a dogfight. That's his point.

It really wasn't his point at all.

Derby matches always have been and always will be games where the intensity is ramped up, where tackles fly in and the physicallity goes off the charts......you just deal with it and where you need to match what is thrown at you, you match it and wherever you can you surpass it.

That earns you the right to play and impose your extra class and quality....our great teams down the years and our great players were all capable of doing this, as is this team and as are these players....

For me Klopp does not need to make an issue about it all, doing so if anything will only make Everton more likely to come out in 'dogs of war' style....and make their support buzz off it/bay for it. It just does not need saying for my money....just deal with it on the park as a team - be prepared for it and be prepared to fight because that is way it will be.

If anything Klopp's 'point' was as someone said earlier about getting it into refs head the shite are dirty.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

Derby matches always have been and always will be games where the intensity is ramped up, where tackles fly in and the physicallity goes off the charts......you just deal with it and where you need to match what is thrown at you, you match it and wherever you can you surpass it.

That earns you the right to play and impose your extra class and quality....our great teams down the years and our great players were all capable of doing this, as is this team and as are these players....

For me Klopp does not need to make an issue about it all, doing so if anything will only make Everton more likely to come out in 'dogs of war' style....and make their support buzz off it/bay for it. It just does not need saying for my money....just deal with it on the park as a team - be prepared for it and be prepared to fight because that is way it will be.

If anything Klopp's 'point' was as someone said earlier about getting it into refs head the shite are dirty.

No, that's definitely his point. He's not saying "I don't like the intensity of the game, we can't cope with it", we're a far more intense team than Everton, ffs.

He's saying he doesn't like the aspect where you have players who think they need to fly into tackles like lunatics and turn it into a bad foul fest just because it's a derby. He doesn't want injuries.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, that's definitely his point. He's not saying "I don't like the intensity of the game, we can't cope with it", we're a far more intense team than Everton, ffs.

He's saying he doesn't like the aspect where you have players who think they need to fly into tackles like lunatics and turn it into a bad foul fest just because it's a derby. He doesn't want injuries.

For my money he just shouldn't have said anything about it....as i have said it just potentially gives the shite something to buzz off i have already had bitters say to me...'your lot don't fancy it weds, klopp crying already'

Just don't give them anything to cling to, they are shite and its all they have - don't start up a new 'dogs of war' aura around them.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

For my money he just shouldn't have said anything about it....as i have said it just potentially gives the shite something to buzz off i have already had bitters say to me...'your lot don't fancy it weds, klopp crying already'

Just don't give them anything to cling to, they are shite and its all they have - don't start up a new 'dogs of war' aura around them.

Fuck'em. Give them three days to build their hopes up, then destroy them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Fuck'em. Give them three days to build their hopes up, then destroy them.

Oh 100%....and that is what i think we will do - i just personally don't like us making a big deal out of the 'intensity' of the game.

Silk and steel will see the shite off....just go there and show enough of both.

I don't give a fuck what they buzz off, they'll buzz off plenty of made up shit, regardless. So them buzzing off twisting Klopp's words is just par for the course. All we need care about is 3 points and no injuries, not any mental gymnastics they have in their warped minds about 'Klopp being rattled'

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, an tha said:

Of course he should. They injured our players last season. He's entitled to not like the ridiculous side of games like this where players are often spurred on to act like reckless psychos.

And no one should care what Everton fans think about Liverpool, they're a bad football team and they are bitter.

30 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Of course he should. They injured our players last season. He's entitled to not like the ridiculous side of games like this where players are often spurred on to act like reckless psychos.

And no one should care what Everton fans think about Liverpool, they're a bad football team and they are bitter.

They are a bad side and their fans are bitter yeah.

6 hours ago, an tha said:

Don't like hearing Klopp talk about not enjoying playing them/the physical stuff.

They are dogshite and have fuck all about them to hurt us except one thing and showing fear of that one thing only feeds them and their fans  over it.

Nah he’s spot on to highlight that. I doubt Rafa will send them out to be violent little rats but the fans will demand it. 

One of our best songs against these talks about them hardly touching the ball. Let’s just make sure they don’t and we stand on their fucking throats. I wasn’t arsed about Rafa going there, it’s not his mess and if they keep him for a few years he will make them 8th at best because that’s their level. Right now I want him out of there because they are poisonous cunts and Rafa is a decent human being. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah he’s spot on to highlight that. I doubt Rafa will send them out to be violent little rats but the fans will demand it. 

One of our best songs against these talks about them hardly touching the ball. Let’s just make sure they don’t and we stand on their fucking throats. I wasn’t arsed about Rafa going there, it’s not his mess and if they keep him for a few years he will make them 8th at best because that’s their level. Right now I want him out of there because they are poisonous cunts and Rafa is a decent human being. 

It's hard to have sympathy for Benitez as he knew exactly what he was getting into and all the money he was going to pocket for as long as it lasted. He was forewarned but took the job anyway.

13 hours ago, Pidge said:

hopefully we more or less stick to "Merry Christmas, Everton", going to much on the Rafa song will only really hurt him imo.

I'm good with merry Christmas and I'm not suggesting Rafa is sung as a way of beating them up.

Think it will be similar to his Newcastle days.

50 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Watched Shang Chi movie last night.

Ben Kingsley with a shite scouse accent but what a piss boiler for them with many shots of his Liverpool scarf. Should make interesting viewing for them.

E-XnX5aXoAE5F0P-768x1024.jpeg

We had one of them saying Disney had ruined the MCU for him because of it. Despite the fact Kingsley’s character was watching a Liverpool game way back in Iron Man 3.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Baltar said:

The bitters over at GOT want Lampard to be their next manager. Sincerely hope that happens.

I have to say, the BS are really letting Rafa's history with us blind them to the fact he has an absolutely shite squad, lots of injuries and has spent pennies in the summer. And they expect him to perform miracles? Delusional fools.

I've not been over to GoT for a little while. When I was popping in previously, they had quite a lot of fans who while maybe not being behind rafa, they were certainly behind the team and accepting the players were shite and Rafa hadn't been back, so the best they should accept is midtable. Even nutjobs like davek. But then there were others who are right the other end and if Rafa won them the league, they would let Rafa ruin it for them. It's quite wonderful as it means they've all been at each others throats since the moment Rafa walked in. It's exactly why they should never have hired him, as the fan base would never be behind him. 

8 hours ago, an tha said:

I know it's from another time in football, but I always remember what souness used to say when he was playing for us. Sometimes they come for a fight and when we've beat them at that, we'll beat them at football. For me that's the very basis for walking on the pitch..show no fear.  

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The problem with this, is it gives some players an excuse before the game kicks off. Wenger used to cry and moan about the physicality of teams like stoke. And while he was right, it didn't improve the results of his team, because there were enough players in the ranks who were petrified of the fight and we're happy to take the escape route Wenger gave them. Regardless of if klopp likes it or not, Everton will be physical and we have to deal with it. All crying before the game starts is make them believe they're in our heads. 

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Can't remember that from iron-man. Great to boil piss.

They were at it the other week too when John Bishop came into Doctor Who with Anfield in the background and one of them on GoT or somewhere said it had ruined 50 years of Doctor Who for him. I love how evertonians never seem to stop being 7 years old. Like that video years ago of that gobshite bellew driving past Anfield pretending it stinks. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

All crying before the game starts is make them believe they're in our heads. 

All the comments Ive seen are moaning that Klopp is trying to influence the ref. I haven’t seen one thinking they’re in our heads.