You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Lads, you're forgetting that they already have historic links to Chile. There's another Everton team in Vina Del Mar. I told an Evertonian I work with that I went to their stadium in 2003 and he reeled off a load of Everton firsts to me but then didn't like it when I said I was the first person he's worked with to go there. 

The club was founded 24 June 1909 after a group of Anglo-Chilean teenagers formed a football club and named it after the English team Everton who had recently completed a pioneering tour of South America.

The club's nickname is "Ruleteros" or the roulette players in English, after Viña del Mar's status as a gambling resort.

Everton is Chile's sixth most successful team, having won the national title 4 times, an achievement shared with both Audax Italiano and Magallanes. Additionally, it is the second most successful team, outside Santiago de Chile, behind Cobreloa of Calama.

The club's home stadium is the 22,340 capacity Estadio Sausalito, while its biggest rival is Santiago Wanderers of Valparaíso. In the meetings between the two clubs, Everton have won 62 to 48 losses.

1 hour ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

And, right on cue from the BBC:

Everton are preparing to make a move for Inter Milan and Chile star Alexis Sanchez, 32, with the former Arsenal and Manchester United forward free to leave the Italian club in January. (InterLive - in Italian)

Hopefully true. If Sanchez wasn't motivated at the Mancs, what will he be like at the perennially underachieving Manc Retirement Club?

Haha, yeah, I laughed when I saw that. However, it's not likely to go anywhere with Rafa there. He fucked off 'Hamezzzz, lad' pretty sharpish, so he's not going to want to have anything to do with that shyster, and that's even before considering the colossal wedge he'd be asking.

Lineker in today's Guardian on more illustrious Everton history.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/23/gary-lineker-diego-maradona-mixed-up-mess-lovely-guy

" Everton were league runners-up and lost the FA Cup final to Liverpool, which still stings. “The most ridiculous thing was both teams went on an open-top bus around the city. Liverpool’s was in front with two trophies. We followed with none and no fans. Peter Reid said: ‘Fuck this’ and got off. I should have done the same but was too nice. It was an act of supreme cruelty. Desperate. Everton won the league the years before I joined and after I left, so maybe it was me."

4 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Lineker in today's Guardian on more illustrious Everton history.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/23/gary-lineker-diego-maradona-mixed-up-mess-lovely-guy

" Everton were league runners-up and lost the FA Cup final to Liverpool, which still stings. “The most ridiculous thing was both teams went on an open-top bus around the city. Liverpool’s was in front with two trophies. We followed with none and no fans. Peter Reid said: ‘Fuck this’ and got off. I should have done the same but was too nice. It was an act of supreme cruelty. Desperate. Everton won the league the years before I joined and after I left, so maybe it was me."

Rare moment of self-awareness from the piss-filled toby jug.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:
Saint Domingo

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
Afcon hopefully ruins them

They’re even trying to reduce the impact of that now. I just hope City can go on some sort of mega run but wouldn’t be surprised if De Bruyne or Dias picked up a big injury, they’ve already lost Torres for a while. Chelsea without Lukaku and Werner. Meanwhile Liverpool exist in this perfect bubble where week after week it’s fortuitous refereeing decisions, opposition missing open goals, crazy red cards in their favour, opposition injuries to best players, unbelievable good bounces of the ball for them.

They’ll be up there again this season right to the end and a massive threat in the CL. They just don’t get injuries to key players and everything goes in their favour time after time. Compare and contrast to us who can’t keep any of our top players fit and are likely to concede from any single deflection if anyone so much as takes a hopeful shot against us,
Saint Domingo

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
Christ. Just die Everton