You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They binned him off ages ago when they awarded the contract for the build and he wasn't included in the deal. At the time he threw a massive Twitter temper tantrum

Yeah, that's what I thought. Assumed that was a cost decision they've since reconsidered.

I learned something last night.

St Domingo's FC (and the Methodist chapel they came from) took their name, ultimately, from the local landowner who named it in honour of the source of his wealth, his slave-worked plantation in St. Dominque (now Haiti).

If they ever do move to a place named after John Bramley-Moore it will continue that tradition.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Richarlison may go to Newcastle but they will probably only get what they paid for him.

The stadium will easily cost around £600m. In March 2022 it will be six years since they announced it yet they have done nothing on it. There's a couple of diggers and small cranes about but that's about it. Virtually every project in Liverpool gets delayed and there's barely any joined up thinking or progress going on. Most projects that are delayed end up massively over budget, even Spurs ended up £200m+ over budget with their stadium. 

I'm sure with the location and heritage bods there will be more issues and delays.

Reminds me of a Project a good friend of mine was involved in in the late 90's in Malaysia. It was going to be amazing but the financial backers kept falling through. It rapidly became obvious how it would end but so much time had been committed and $$ that it took an age for the final blow to put them all out of their misery towards the end they sent out Backhoes to dig random trenches and strategically placed pallets of conduit, all the time the 'owners' took every opportunity to release announcements in the press about how fucking wonderful it was all going to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Uzzy will pay £700m for the naming rights. Or so they seem to think.

Not after that new financial legislation the Premier league clubs have passed today that prevents any entity with ties to the owners 'inflating ' the amount of Money they put into the club. It will surprise absolutely nobody that City and Newcastle didn't vote in favour. 

On 18/10/2021 at 13:46, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I don't mind Kenwright, but a pre-prepared (they're never off the cuff) Shakespeare quote at a meeting is one for the cunt identifiers thread.

To boo or not to boo, that is the question.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, index1000 said:

Not after that new financial legislation the Premier league clubs have passed today that prevents any entity with ties to the owners 'inflating ' the amount of Money they put into the club. It will surprise absolutely nobody that City and Newcastle didn't vote in favour. 

I don’t think Usmanov has ties to the club though although I could be wrong. He must be helping them out though because they are a financial catastrophe and should by rights have gone under by now.

15 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I don’t think Usmanov has ties to the club though although I could be wrong. He must be helping them out though because they are a financial catastrophe and should by rights have gone under by now.

he owns that USM outfit that sponsor their training ground. This new ruling will prevent him from suddenly giving 10 times more to re sponsor it. The ruling is not ties to the clubs it is business ties to the owners of the clubs. The way that Qatar have Qatari based company's massively over paying to sponsor PSG and of course the Mancs doing the same with the UAE

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, index1000 said:

he owns that USM outfit that sponsor their training ground. This new ruling will prevent him from suddenly giving 10 times more to re sponsor it. The ruling is not ties to the clubs it is business ties to the owners of the clubs. The way that Qatar have Qatari based company's massively over paying to sponsor PSG and of course the Mancs doing the same with the UAE

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47q76u5xt1a6a8f5vcl8

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, index1000 said:

1 month duration only so far for that rule. The other 18 clubs have got to find a way to make it stick.

36 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Typical - the Sky/Super League 6 closing ranks because they don't want anyone else challenging them.

Defo a conspiracy to keep Everton down.

"That City though lad, won 5 away tonight in Brewwwwwjj"

And how the fuck does that either affect you or impact on you in any way?

"just sayin' lad, City won 5 away in Breeeeeeewj, with the inference being that if you don't win 6 away in Madrid, then City are better than you, and because we are mates with them and hate yooouuuuuzzz, then by default and all logic we are better and more important that yoooouuuuuuzzz".

And THAT, is how they 'think' and act.

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

"That City though lad, won 5 away tonight in Brewwwwwjj"

And how the fuck does that either affect you or impact on you in any way?

"just sayin' lad, City won 5 away in Breeeeeeewj, with the inference being that if you don't win 6 away in Madrid, then City are better than you, and because we are mates with them and hate yooouuuuuzzz, then by default and all logic we are better and more important that yoooouuuuuuzzz".

And THAT, is how they 'think' and act.

Some of them actually laugh at us for winning the same amount of Premier League titles as Leicester and Blackburn.

• Like 1