You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

22 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

The invisible stadium really isn’t that great, it’s nice but it’s not great. Once the Anny Road is done Anfield will piss all over it. 

I wonder if Barcelona fans heads fell off when Espanyol built a new ground after years at the Olympic stadium. 

They don't get that they can have a shiny new stadium but it will never be as famous or iconic as Anfield. One of the most famous grounds in the world. There's about ten in the overall list and the only new build in it would be Wembley. Only because it is built on the same site as the old one.

On 16/10/2021 at 11:30, Bobby Hundreds said:

Anfield is one of the most famous football stadiums on the planet, most of the footballing world doesn't even know Everton exists them having a new ground is no different from Boro getting theirs or Bolton.

Absolutely agree with the aside that Boro and Bolton actually got one

21 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

West Ham will be a boss side until we play them. If we win they will be shite because they roll over for the big 6. If they beat us they will laugh saying Man City and Chelsea will beat them because that's what proper title contenders do. 

Absolutely nailed on rundown of their fork in the road mindsets, which change in line with any deviation in events. Fucking sad, boring cunts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red74 said:

But they told us the mosh & uncle uzzy where taking us above the red shiiiiite.

Losing £2.5 mill a week now

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2021/10/18/kieran-maguire-discusses-the-wage-bill-at-everton/

And Maguire loves Everton, so if he's digging them out I would have thought he's still sugar coating the message. 

So losing around £130m a year and then having to pay for a stadium which will cost around £700m and they will probably get shafted on the interest rates to repay it. Wages cover almost 90 per cent of their income last time their accounts were done, even with dodgy sponsorship deals off Uncle Uzzy.

I think Spurs pay around £48m a year for their stadium. I'm waiting for Catcher to produce his next enthralling installment on how the redshite are fucked. 

47 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

So losing around £130m a year and then having to pay for a stadium which will cost around £700m and they will probably get shafted on the interest rates to repay it. Wages cover almost 90 per cent of their income last time their accounts were done, even with dodgy sponsorship deals off Uncle Uzzy.

I think Spurs pay around £48m a year for their stadium. I'm waiting for Catcher to produce his next enthralling installment on how the redshite are fucked. 

You can see why no one wanted to lend them money to build the unicorn. But on the other hand, what the fuck were the council doing handing over £45m to them the other week. There’s no chance we’re ever gonna get the £30m back that was “loaned” to them.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Red74 said:

You can see why no one wanted to lend them money to build the unicorn. But on the other hand, what the fuck were the council doing handing over £45m to them the other week. There’s no chance we’re ever gonna get the £30m back that was “loaned” to them.

It was absolutely ridiculous and could you imagine the fume if they gave us £30m to develop around Anfield?. I suppose we will get the usual from the council about budget cuts and closure of some public services but then they can afford to lend a business owned by a tax dodging billionaire £30m. 

I can remember last year they were on about securing funding from a Chinese bank and an American one but both were going to charge them ridiculous interest rates. 

9 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

It was absolutely ridiculous and could you imagine the fume if they gave us £30m to develop around Anfield?. I suppose we will get the usual from the council about budget cuts and closure of some public services but then they can afford to lend a business owned by a tax dodging billionaire £30m. 

I can remember last year they were on about securing funding from a Chinese bank and an American one but both were going to charge them ridiculous interest rates. 

I wonder what their plan is around money? I'm really shocked they're being allowed to start this project without the finances being in place considering the backlash around all the English heritage/UNESCO stuff. Moshiri isn't that wealthy in his own right is he? And uncle uzzie seems not to want to put his name to it even if he's providing some back door money. So I honestly don't see how they fund it. It's not like they've the same options open to them on non-match days as spurs. 

6 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

They are clearly fucked, it’s a good job rafa is there and if he goes then there’s really nothing stopping them slipping into the abyss.

richarlison will be off in the summer he’s their only saleable asset.

If they sack him they will have to pay him off as well. They won't be tolerant of him once results go against them.

God knows who they could get after Rafa as the person coming in will have virtually no money.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wonder what their plan is around money? I'm really shocked they're being allowed to start this project without the finances being in place considering the backlash around all the English heritage/UNESCO stuff. Moshiri isn't that wealthy in his own right is he? And uncle uzzie seems not to want to put his name to it even if he's providing some back door money. So I honestly don't see how they fund it. It's not like they've the same options open to them on non-match days as spurs. 

It is weird the way they keep pressing ahead with such a ridiculously expensive project. 

They would need to host events like Spurs (big fights, large concerts and even NFL). There's only so many of these events to go around every year though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

It is weird the way they keep pressing ahead with such a ridiculously expensive project. 

They would need to host events like Spurs (big fights, large concerts and even NFL). There's only so many of these events to go around every year though. 

You can see with LFC it's not that easy. I think we can have something like 10 per year, but all I've heard of for next year in the book is Elton John. I know they were going to put a fight on there before lockdown and the promoter said we were twice the price of Wembley (can't remember the fight now), so maybe that plays a part and a new stadium will be easier (so cheaper ) to host non-football events.