You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:
LEONARD

LEONARD

Player Valuation: £70m
Was down by Bramley Moore this morning, taking it all in, it's gonna be a bit special I think.

Hows the garage conversion going then lurkers?

Have you had to make any more of anfield appear more like downtown Beirut to get your vision created?

Maybe the next mural you lot lash up on the nearest surface should commemorate the once thriving community that existed in the shadow of our old ground, that sadly has been demonised and destroyed in the name of murderpools progress....

Spot on mate.

I knocked around the Rockfield Rd area as a teenager.

A fantastic working class community, with pubs, chippies, and a real sense of community and belonging for both Blues and reds in the area.

All vandalised and erased to accommodate wealthy tourists flying in for games every couple of weeks.

This is the uncomfortable TRUTH, that the RS rewriting of history endeavour's to gloss over.

Scab club that has destroyed a whole area of our city.

So, to accommodate wealthy tourists we've turned the whole area into a vandalised slum? Because nothing attracts the monied elites like inhospitable squalor. Obviously.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, an tha said:

Love reading seething bitterness like the above.....must really, really hurt beauts like that for them to have to vent like that....the bitterness is dripping off every word.

Long may it continue.

Also with no hint of irony, they don’t even realise that this vanity project they’re bankrupting themselves for, is in response to what we’ve done at and around anfield.

A normally OK Evertonian posted a link to the work on the new stadium then had a snide dig at us saying g something along the lines of Everton not forcing people out of their homes and wrecking the local area. 

They keep spouting this constantly even though they appear to have done nothing around their ground for a long time. They've previously moved people from their homes to build 3 sides of their ground. Also, with them wanting to leave Goodison for what feels like over 20 years the area has just gone into a state of limbo and will probably get even worse if they eventually move. 

They also tend to forget they ruined Kirkby by backing out of the stadium there as Tesco were going to build a superstore in conjunction with Everton. Yet when Everton failed to come up with the £80m they backed out. This left the area without any superstore and the land being a wasteland up until recently. 

They were also prepared to buy a site on Walton Hall park and ruin that for the locals with busier traffic and loss of green space but had previously complained about Liverpool wanting to build on Stanley Park. 

They are that brainwashed about Liverpool they believe people were made homeless to build the Anfield Road End extension, even though the houses that were owned by the club are long gone and the extension is going over a car park/fan area. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

They love sly digs about our stadium, referring to it as the extension and so forth. In their minds Bramley Moore is already built.

And yet their actual stadium, the one they visit every other week, is made of wood. 

What I also find amusing is that the Main Stand on it's own generates more income than Goodison Park. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Well, we are "Big Stand FC" after all.

Indeed.

Just wondering where all these rich people are coming from to pay megabucks for hospitality in the new ground when they've all been used to eating chicken in a basket and drinking Coors Light in a function room above a shit pub next to the ground. 

13 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Indeed.

Just wondering where all these rich people are coming from to pay megabucks for hospitality in the new ground when they've all been used to eating chicken in a basket and drinking Coors Light in a function room above a shit pub next to the ground. 

Well obviously in their Corinthian way, they will be sharing the hospitality with their Manc friends, in the 'New Brick Hospitality Suite'.

16 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's Old Swan where the Tesco is now.

Got most of my Star Wars figures in the Fruitique in St Oswalds Street round the corner, 25p a throw. Marvellous.

I'm made up you've said that. I remember getting the 10a as a kid and going past that crossroads where them shops are and only when I saw that picture I was thinking fuck me I'm sure that was Old Swan on the way into town but couldn't nail down exactly where it is. Nice one Strontz x 

6 hours ago, angie said:

Also with no hint of irony, they don’t even realise that this vanity project they’re bankrupting themselves for, is in response to what we’ve done at and around anfield.

Absolutely.

The area round the ground is coming on nicely...lot of work to do still, but is nicer, busier and thriving more than it has been for many a year....many a decade in fact.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Bought many a thing from All Mankind and worked right by there managing a shop.

Ha, All Mankind, well remembered. 

My dad used to go to the life insurance place there (or maybe pension) and would park behind in those flats which was like the bull ring type. Random memories. 

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

My dad used to go to the life insurance place there (or maybe pension) and would park behind in those flats which was like the bull ring type. Random memories. 

What was All Mankind. I remember the name, was it a clothes shop, because I've got it in my head we had one on Breck rd too?

13 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

They had a Swinton? I managed both Video City’s in the Swan for a few years.

21 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

That's it, Swinton.

We used to go to the Video City near to where the Iceland/Kwik Save were. Kids today will never know the excitement of going to the video shop. 

I managed that for a year it was the biggest in the North West I think. Video shops were boss.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Salah praise is OTT, apparently. 

It was only Watford. Let's ignore that it's praise based on seasons of consistent brilliance. 

Absolute bitter loons. The lot of 'em! 

Turning-an-entire-team-inside-out-and-dumping-defenders-on-their-arses goals don't count.