You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

25 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Couple of good signings Townsend and Gray. Always thought Townsend was quite shit tbh. Gray though seemed alright, but hats of to Rafa for going in the bargain shop and coming out with these two. 

Rafa most likely knew exactly what he was looking for when he signed them. Seems he’s still got the ability to set up a balanced team where the total is larger than the sum of the parts.

6 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

James Pearce saying in his latest article that the projected £60m cost of the Anfield Road stand is now more likely to be £80m due to rise in construction costs. 

If that is the case then God knows how much Bramley Moore is going to cost based on their £500m valuation six years ago. 

Well it costs 2/3rds of fuck all if they don't build it. Probably announced the decision to stay at Woodworm Pk today if that Mina goal had stood, as it is they will have to hire consultants with the brief of 'Find a way to blame the Red Shite'

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The squad does on paper make more sense than it used to. Two "proper #9's" in Calvert-Lewin and Rondon, two "proper wingers" in Gray and Townsend, a second striker in Richarlison, two box to box midfielders in Allan and Doucoure. Those are all complimentary.

Blue mate at work refused to get into the palaver surrounding Rafa when he was appointed. Said to me “ If he can get a team including Djimi Traore into the European Cup final and win it, he’ll do for me, we haven’t had a manager who can set a team up tactically since Moysie”.

They’re not all thick myopic fume merchants obviously.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

Couple of good signings Townsend and Gray. Always thought Townsend was quite shit tbh. Gray though seemed alright, but hats of to Rafa for going in the bargain shop and coming out with these two. 

Yeah, but how many Instagram followers have they got?

22 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I was talking to some lad in work the other day saying if Salah continues his form he might get near his 44 goal haul from his first season.

An Evertonian in earshot just turns round and says "come back when he's scored 60 in a season like Dixie Dean". Thought he was joking but he was deadly serious. 

When suarez almost scored 60 a few seasons back the Everton PR team trotted out the Dixie Dean record. 

I saw a few of them moaning on Twitter about Jimmy Greaves being called the greatest striker in English football history. Apparently its an agenda against Everton because they aren't media darlings. 

Yet it's Liverpool fans who always live in the past. 

They wont accept that he hated being called Dixie 

3 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Some blue wool on 5 live ,after getting a great result at old Trafford starts talking about liverpool,klopp going to urd, Did take him all of 30 seconds tbf

What would we do workout them?

I've got some fairly serious questions about "Klopp going to urd."

Mostly along the lines of "eh?".

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, General Dryness said:

I've got some fairly serious questions about "Klopp going to urd."

Mostly along the lines of "eh?".

Equally valid questions about why we’re working out with them. I refuse to workout on a Sunday to be honest.