You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Ladies and gentlemen, a warm welcome to Bramley-Moore Docks. Please ensure you are all back on board for prompt departure at 4:45pm on Saturday- this is to show respect to the weekly gathering on the docks of Local tribal leaders.

Safe viewing of this event will be available once we are 500 metres off shore.

You won't want to miss it!     

At the tipping point: How do we stop cruise ship tourism from going  overboard? | Juneau Empire

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Edit. Must read posts carefully...

It still boggles my mind as to where the money is coming from. They've got the tightest revenue to wage bill ratio in the league. And mosh is taking out loans here and there, plus they've spent a fortune on shite players and received not much back in sales recently.

Surely this stadium is just going to plunge them into massive debt.

2 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

It still boggles my mind as to where the money is coming from. They've got the tightest revenue to wage bill ratio in the league. And mosh is taking out loans here and there, plus they've spent a fortune on shite players and received not much back in sales recently.

And hopefully into obscurity because the hate has gone too far recently.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

They're going to pump nearly half a million cubic metres of sand into the basin?! Not sure that's going to give a solid foundation for any building but then again, Im not a structural engineer.

So they've been 'given' £45m by the council towards the build? When did we have a vote on that and they have the cheeks to call us the 'furlough' club? I make that getting on for £70m+ of taxpayer money they've had: this £45m, £19m corona virus business interuption scheme, £6m for Finch Farm.

They've supposedly secured £350m private equity funding. Is that Usmanov's money or someone else? Even so, it's only £400m so they either believe the stadium can be built for £350m or they've got more money to find.

In any event, who's going to own this stadium based on that funding because everton fc dont seem to have put a penny on the table. Hope the PL are watching this 'funding' very closely.

27 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

They're going to pump nearly half a million cubic metres of sand into the basin?! Not sure that's going to give a solid foundation for any building but then again, Im not a structural engineer.

So they've been 'given' £45m by the council towards the build? When did we have a vote on that and they have the cheeks to call us the 'furlough' club? I make that getting on for £70m+ of taxpayer money they've had: this £45m, £19m corona virus business interuption scheme, £6m for Finch Farm.

They've supposedly secured £350m private equity funding. Is that Usmanov's money or someone else? Even so, it's only £400m so they either believe the stadium can be built for £350m or they've got more money to find.

In any event, who's going to own this stadium based on that funding because everton fc dont seem to have put a penny on the table. Hope the PL are watching this 'funding' very closely.

The £45m includes £15m to preserve heritage parts of the site and surrounding areas (which I do not have problem with) and £30m towards their preparatory costs (which I very much do). This comes from the Mersey Region authority.

I'm not sure if the £400m includes that £45m but if it does, I'm assuming the remainder or the full £400m is coming out of Moshiri's pockets.

They then have a further £350m loan. And that's assuming the build and costs don't escalate. I'll be interested to see some real work begin and not just the crowd-pleasing stuff.

The last part of that Royal Blue Mersey article is just nonsense.

1.3 billion boost to local economy?

1.4 million visitors to the city?

Create 10s thousands jobs?

have they just estimated the fans who will attend the games in next 10 years and called them visitors.

The jobs,  tens of thousands?

What does the 1.3 billion consist of.

This was costed out about 6 years ago, due brexit and covid raw materials are probably about 50 to 60% more expensive now, on top of that there will be delay after delay as covid is not going away anytime soon. 

If they build it they will either fold or Usmanov will have to step out of the shadows as even with success City cannot fill their stadium in most games.

Apart from having a new stadium I dont see any upsides from the blue perspective. But then again I've never looked the the blue delusion goggles that they all seem to wear.

11 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

This was costed out about 6 years ago, due brexit and covid raw materials are probably about 50 to 60% more expensive now, on top of that there will be delay after delay as covid is not going away anytime soon. 

If they build it they will either fold or Usmanov will have to step out of the shadows as even with success City cannot fill their stadium in most games.

Apart from having a new stadium I dont see any upsides from the blue perspective. But then again I've never looked the the blue delusion goggles that they all seem to wear.

Surely they can fill the dock in with kopite heads seeing as all ours are supposed to have fallen off? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

The £45m includes £15m to preserve heritage parts of the site and surrounding areas (which I do not have problem with) and £30m towards their preparatory costs (which I very much do). This comes from the Mersey Region authority.

I'm not sure if the £400m includes that £45m but if it does, I'm assuming the remainder or the full £400m is coming out of Moshiri's pockets.

They then have a further £350m loan. And that's assuming the build and costs don't escalate. I'll be interested to see some real work begin and not just the crowd-pleasing stuff.

Mersey region authority? Is that effectively the metro mayor's office? 

2 hours ago, Beno said:

The last part of that Royal Blue Mersey article is just nonsense.

1.3 billion boost to local economy?

1.4 million visitors to the city?

Create 10s thousands jobs?

have they just estimated the fans who will attend the games in next 10 years and called them visitors.

The jobs,  tens of thousands?

What does the 1.3 billion consist of.

1.3bn boost to economy, on a 350m build of which 45m comes out of the local economy? And a large portion will be steel, no doubt delivered from uncle uzzie steel co. They must include every penny they take in match day revenue over what they take today for decades.