You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 09/09/2021 at 15:24, redinblack said:

Its the usual Pavlovian response, something happens and its "Points Deductions". The only way they will be near us come the end of the season.

According to them we started on -15. With a bit of luck, with all the deductions they are throwing at us, we'll scrape a positive total come May.

Let the fyuuuume commence!

"FIFA clears Brazilians to play in Premier League this weekend, along with Chile, Mexico and Paraguay players | Football News | Sky Sports" https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12404464/fifa-clears-brazilians-to-play-in-premier-league-this-weekend-along-with-chile-mexico-and-paraguay-players

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Let the fyuuuume commence!

"FIFA clears Brazilians to play in Premier League this weekend, along with Chile, Mexico and Paraguay players | Football News | Sky Sports" https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12404464/fifa-clears-brazilians-to-play-in-premier-league-this-weekend-along-with-chile-mexico-and-paraguay-players

The meerdering redshite must have bribed FIFA.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Just won the European Rumbelows Cup & all their interested in is why their GK was wearing a red shirt! Rent fucking free. The weirdos

Neville Southall will never forget that wonderful night in Rotterdam - but he wishes Evertonians would let him forget one small aspect of it.

The legendary Toffees goalkeeper played his part in Howard Kendall’s team’s historic European run, and was his usual reassuring presence on the big stage against Rapid Vienna.

But it still rankles the Blues hero that he was forced to play that night in a RED shirt!

The former Wales international couldn’t wear the standard green Everton goalkeeping shirt due to their opponents wearing that colour.

And he maintains the red option was thrust upon him.

“It was a great night although the only thing I get stick for is that shirt,” he says.

“I never get told I played well in that game it’s just ‘why did you wear a red shirt?’ Not thanks or anything!

“I had to wear it though.

21 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Just won the European Rumbelows Cup & all their interested in is why their GK was wearing a red shirt! Rent fucking free. The weirdos

Neville Southall will never forget that wonderful night in Rotterdam - but he wishes Evertonians would let him forget one small aspect of it.

The legendary Toffees goalkeeper played his part in Howard Kendall’s team’s historic European run, and was his usual reassuring presence on the big stage against Rapid Vienna.

But it still rankles the Blues hero that he was forced to play that night in a RED shirt!

The former Wales international couldn’t wear the standard green Everton goalkeeping shirt due to their opponents wearing that colour.

And he maintains the red option was thrust upon him.

“It was a great night although the only thing I get stick for is that shirt,” he says.

“I never get told I played well in that game it’s just ‘why did you wear a red shirt?’ Not thanks or anything!

“I had to wear it though.

I went to a sportsman's dinner once where he was one of the speakers. First question one of them asked was why he wore a red top that night.

He said it was because he was a proud Welshman. Obviously likes to tell different versions of the story depending on who he's talking to. 

Weirdly loads of Liverpool fans praised him and said they liked him as a goalkeeper and person because of his Twitter account. Imagine any Evertonian saying that in public to one of our players. 

2 hours ago, belarus said:

That’s actually pretty funny. That type of stuff is quality. Like the Everton 2 Liverpool 1. Proper rivalry stuff that

All one way though so not sure where the rivalry stuff fits in? It’s small time shit the kind of which I can’t think of one LFC club led retort, thank god. Plus this mentality is one of the main reasons they’ll never compete again in our lifetimes, hope it continues.

• Upvote 4