You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

I read this thread and I'm bursting out laughing. Her Indoors yells up and says whats up with you?

I just say.  Everton.

I don't actually hate them. I fund them a constant source of amusement tge way Liverpool constantly burn their heads out and impact on their daily existence. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

I don't actually hate them. I fund them a constant source of amusement tge way Liverpool constantly burn their heads out and impact on their daily existence. 

I'm the same. I detest fucking Salford beyond belief. As you say, they are a reliable source of amusement.

• Upvote 2

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Interesting read. Perhaps a little unnerving for some...

A good thread. No doubt the FSG out bedwetters will not read or understand it.

The key take outs for me;
1) The only reason they are not massively in debt is because of player sales profit. They've made over 300m doing this. You have that at a net neutral and the 60m loss last year, and 200m ish loss this year will be added to with another 300m on top. It is not a very sustainable business model and relies in player sales to make it work. If you have a downturn in the market, it will effect them badly, over a medium term period.

2) Any improvements have been swallowed by costs. Again not really a very good sign for a business. They have grown turnover but have precious little profit/cash to show for it. Costs are out of control to be absolutely frank.

3) They are a cash negative business. They have lost 160m in cash terms under FSG and only through loans are they in a cash positive situation.

4) Loans/debt is growing. Now at 270m and that is before this years accounts which will increase that much further. Crucially if you take out owners contribution and look at external debt, it sits at 200m which is up around 400%.

On 04/09/2021 at 20:42, Doctor Troy said:

A bit like Luke....Who must have spent weeks compiling this....

Not sure why the authorities are helping us like this but why let common sense get in the way  

5 minutes ago, Stickman said:

A bit like Luke....Who must have spent weeks compiling this....

Not sure why the authorities are helping us like this but why let common sense get in the way  

Yet they got 4 points out of 6 against us last season when it should only have been 3. Obsessed because of their non entity status.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Interesting read. Perhaps a little unnerving for some...

A good thread. No doubt the FSG out bedwetters will not read or understand it.

The key take outs for me;
1) The only reason they are not massively in debt is because of player sales profit. They've made over 300m doing this. You have that at a net neutral and the 60m loss last year, and 200m ish loss this year will be added to with another 300m on top. It is not a very sustainable business model and relies in player sales to make it work. If you have a downturn in the market, it will effect them badly, over a medium term period.

2) Any improvements have been swallowed by costs. Again not really a very good sign for a business. They have grown turnover but have precious little profit/cash to show for it. Costs are out of control to be absolutely frank.

3) They are a cash negative business. They have lost 160m in cash terms under FSG and only through loans are they in a cash positive situation.

4) Loans/debt is growing. Now at 270m and that is before this years accounts which will increase that much further. Crucially if you take out owners contribution and look at external debt, it sits at 200m which is up around 400%.

Let’s see him do a comparison to Everton accounts then.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Let’s see him do a comparison to Everton accounts then.

One thing is for certain. Their business model is definitely not reliant on profit from player sales. Can 100% guarantee that.

• Upvote 1

You have to admire Catchers commitment to being totally clueless.

Our finances are fucked, but despite them spending more on players than we do, spending a higher percentage of their income on players wages than we do and also having significantly less income than we do they are somehow fine and dandy.

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Their latest cry

That's terrible

It's "fewer" parking spaces

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

You have to admire Catchers commitment to being totally clueless.

Our finances are fucked, but despite them spending more on players than we do, spending a higher percentage of their income on players wages than we do and also having significantly less income than we do they are somehow fine and dandy.

Ahem, taps nose, uncle uzzy.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Their latest cry

It's not fair - Reaction GIFs