You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

To be honest I think that’s fine, no malice or shitty little digs. Everton fans won’t be happy with the spelling of Rafa though.

It is IMO anyway never fine for a fully grown adult to wear stuff like that.

20 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

They’re getting giddy again

Yeah winning games and getting giddy when the highest placed team from last seasons table they will have faced in their opening 6 games will be the team who finished 9th is classic everton.

Just makes the crash of reality when it arrives all the funnier.

36 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah. I doubt he'll get much wear from it, though. I'd give Rafa less than 6 months at that shithole.

He’ll be there for years, he’s a very good manager and he will have money to spend ( albeit from dubious sources ) he will win them trophies and they will end up idolising him, I’ve heard from a very credible source that he has no intention of going anywhere else. His popularity here will wane very quickly mark my words.

On 29/08/2021 at 09:22, Doctor Troy said:

20210829_092116.jpg

They are complete fucking gimps aren't they. "Alright Rafa what was your greatest achievement? Winning the Champions League or getting a shit out the bog at Finch Farm with a plunger?" "Se Se.. it's err yeah it's the shit for sure" 

13 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

He’ll be there for years, he’s a very good manager and he will have money to spend ( albeit from dubious sources ) he will win them trophies and they will end up idolising him, I’ve heard from a very credible source that he has no intention of going anywhere else. His popularity here will wane very quickly mark my words.

It would take a hell of a lot for me to ever not love the man. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

The protectors of tradition and fair play. How one is happy to make the Diaz deal work.

Axlswhk

Player Valuation: £40m
Usmanov can find someone to create a shell company, signed a 1 year sponsorship deal with Porto worth 10m. With clause that includes signing Hamez. Done deal.

Oh look. One of the pious 14 shitting all over their comrades in arms who were ruined when the scum 6 were abandoning them and leaving them to rot. 

We're in the first 6 games period now. They've got a few good results, new manager bump, one of the signing has scored a couple and is now better than any of our players. 

The first 6 are a nice run of fixtures for them. Wouldn't be surprised if they go undefeated and release a single. They might even be in the top 4. 

And then the Everton will start. 

• Upvote 1

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
They'll sell up, the owners of FSG are getting on a bit, already sold a percentage of FSG to a investment sports company, both sports teams they own have been underfunded recruitment wise last couple of seasons, the new stand will be built and they'll sell up.

The head sheikh of Abu Dhabi tried twice in 18 and 20 to buy them for £2 billion plus and failed, they're ripe to be bought now, 2 new stands, new training ground and the core of the team signed up to new deals.

This is just not true.

Abu Dhabi have shown no interest in buying them, and would have absolutely no interest at 2bn. The PL have also set a precedent with the Saudi takeover that such regimes will now not be approved.

FSG have sold a share of their business to a commercial partner who were interested (like if there was any interest from Abu Dhabi they'd have bought that share of equity, but they weren't). The only comparable interest there was from this part of the world was from someone FSG described as a complete scammer. FSG sold to an American company, suggesting a far more long term commitment to the club and the portfolio more broadly.

The new stand will make very little difference as well. It is a poor ground, in a poor area for growth and any serious investor would know they would need to spend substantial monies to build a new stadium for them to be competitive with top teams, to be able to justify to prices they would want to charge. If they were building on the waterfront, I would be worried, as they would make a much better go of it than we seem to be. If they were to sell, it would likely be some venture capitalist akin to the Glaziers, who would view them as a brand to milk, probably via a leveraged buy out. The declining price of oil, and China retrenching somewhat will mean it's likely to come to the US. The only way anyone could justify anything near a 2bn would be via a leveraged buy out (as Burnley have had) and the club will service the interest.

Unfortunately (for me) I don't see FSG selling to them, but that would be the outcome if they sold. They may well sell equity to shareholders in America and dilute a bit. It's quite a smart move really, you create shares and sell equity when the business is massively overvalued, knowing value will be lost moving forward.

For FSG moving forward, the best case scenario is to become doing what Arsenal did. Unlikely Arsenal they will not have a new impressive stadium based in the capital city to show for it. I know a few of them are kicking off at that idea, but that's about as good as it gets for them. They will be left behind by City, Chelsea and United. 2 have far bigger backers and the third is just a far bigger club than them both historically but especially over people under 40's lifetimes. Over the next 32 years I'd probably back them to win another league, but they will remain in United's shadows where they have been for the duration of my lifetime. In fairness that's not really FSG's fault, they can't fundamentally change who or what Liverpool are.

12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Catcher must know the Sheikh personally? Might be a member of his online Crossword team? Or he might be a self important wanker with nothing better to do than right about another team, that’s when he isn’t bothering animals. Cunt!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1