You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Can anyone else smell an angle here....

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
The x2 Chelsea and United teams you mentioned all won the biggest prize in European Football. Until City do the same, Pep will always get stick. That's not from just the Media but from their fanbase too.

It took Chelsea a long time to do it.

Indeed took Ferguson a long time too.

Everyone will have a different view, but over recent years I would say the CL has become a bit devalued and is not as important as maybe it was between say 1992-2002, or say 2007-15 which felt very much the golden eras for it.

That is genuinely brilliant. Proper chuckling here.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

catcherintherye

The x2 Chelsea and United teams you mentioned all won the biggest prize in European Football. Until City do the same, Pep will always get stick. That's not from just the Media but from their fanbase too.

Everyone will have a different view, but over recent years I would say the CL has become a bit devalued and is not as important as maybe it was between say 1992-2002, or say 2007-15 which felt very much the golden eras for it.

Come on Catcher. Be a bit more specific lad. We all know the European Cup golden eras were from 1955 to 1976, 1979 to 1980, 1982 to 1983, 1985 to 2004, and 2006 to 2018.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

20 hours ago, JagSquared said:

I kind of buzz of catchers obsession. The mental gymnastics, sacrificing what little morals he has by constantly contradicting himself in order to back city and Chelsea’s owners and their regimes and not to mention the constant bitterness that means he has to try and turn our victories into some sort of defeat. 

I used to pitty him but now I worry for him I really do.

I couldn't give a fuck if the cunt ends up swinging from a bridge

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

catcherintherye

He's got a point there - we won it in 2005 with the worst side ever to win the CL and in 2019 we only had to beat Spurs in the final!

City's CL drought is worse than Chelsea's. Chelsea got to the CL Semi 2004, Semi 2005, Semi 2007, Runners Up 2008, Semi 2009 - at least they were going close quickly. They didn't win their first league until 2005 and then won the CL in 2012.

City won their first title in 2012. In 2021, they've been to 2 semi's & 1 final. 

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He's got a point there - we won it in 2005 with the worst side ever to win the CL and in 2019 we only had to beat Spurs in the final!

City's CL drought is worse than Chelsea's. Chelsea got to the CL Semi 2004, Semi 2005, Semi 2007, Runners Up 2008, Semi 2009 - at least they were going close quickly. They didn't win their first league until 2005 and then won the CL in 2012.

City won their first title in 2012. In 2021, they've been to 2 semi's & 1 final. 

Come off it mate. Are you kidding? We beat one of the best put together sides of all time after being 3 nil down having beaten a world class Chelsea team who'd just been crowned champions and Juventus in previous rounds. As for 2019 we were the ultimate side on the planet who had to beat Messi and Barcelona after being 3 nil down and dispose of a great Bayern side in their own backyard along the way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Come off it mate. Are you kidding? We beat one of the best put together sides of all time after being 3 nil down having beaten a world class Chelsea team who'd just been crowned champions and Juventus in previous rounds. As for 2019 we were the ultimate side on the planet who had to beat Messi and Barcelona after being 3 nil down and dispose of a great Bayern side in their own backyard along the way. 

Fucking. This.

• Upvote 1

I'm convinced that Tory Catcher comes on here and reads this thread and posts accordingly.  He's using the maxim of wanting to be talked about rather than being ignored.  Still, think it's going to bite him the arse one day when someone takes exception to his egregious lying.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

I think he’s sitting on his log under a bridge thinking “Every time I cast one out I get a bite! Hehehehe” 

I'd be surprised if he doesn't come on this thread to gloat at his work; I imagine him exactly like Rumpelstiltskin in Shrek Forever After.