You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

85% of turnover spent on wages by the shite...highest in league, and that cathcer beaut goes on about our wages.

Unreal.

One of them has corrected another of them on their bullshit and he's had two middle fingers stuck up at him but nobody replying back. They don't like their lies being pointed out 

EverTheOptimist

Player Valuation: £950k
Don't the RS have the highest wage bill in the league pal?

That's why your lot can't sign Henderson and already lost wjinaldum.

You must be getting nervous about that Salah contract.
From Google searches, City have had the highest for 18-19 19-20.

Seems their policy from ownership view is to let contracts run down, and not offer players approaching 30 or in 30s new lucrative contracts that eventually mostly look terrible, very American sports that way in getting players under you contracted and rewarded in their best prime seasons.

Last edited: 

Oh child catcher has just responded and is deciding to omit our CL and league title wins

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Barcelona wages were 90% to turnover before covid, after covid with the drop in turnover it was around a 120% of wages to turnover.

Good to luck to Barca trying to drop those wages, no takers for Greizmann and his € 850k a week wages, Umtiti and Dembele are refusing to leave with a year left, Messi is on half pay staying for a million a week., Coutinho is a drain on wages with no takers coming off a serious knee injury.

United City RS Chelsea all have wages to turnover at 55-65%, they can have wages of 300-350 million a year and it will be no where near a financial burden especially with turnover getting matchday revenues back, City had the highest last season in the PL and will be pretty close to £400 million a year with Grealish and Kane added.

If you want to be in contention or winning leagues and CL you have to spend on wages and spend big, no surprise the top ten highest club wages win these trophies, with Spurs being the anomaly of the top ten highest clubs,they never win those trophies and they have a low wage bill. I dont see what the problem is if you have high turnovers then you pay high wages.

Something Everton have to address long-term, season before covid turnover was 190 million with wages at 88% of turnover which is unhealthy financially.

Thanks for that monologue.

The topic of discussion is not wages to turnover (which is a worthwhile but in this instance irrelevant discussion).

Liverpools wage bill is about 40-50m below Barcelona. Theres every chance they could fall below that in the fire sale this summer.

Either way, given Liverpools huge wage bill, top 3 in the world, to not win any trophies is a massive underachievement. You know that City would not tolerate it.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh child catcher has just responded and is deciding to omit our CL and league title wins

catcherintherye

Barcelona wages were 90% to turnover before covid, after covid with the drop in turnover it was around a 120% of wages to turnover.

Good to luck to Barca trying to drop those wages, no takers for Greizmann and his € 850k a week wages, Umtiti and Dembele are refusing to leave with a year left, Messi is on half pay staying for a million a week., Coutinho is a drain on wages with no takers coming off a serious knee injury.

United City RS Chelsea all have wages to turnover at 55-65%, they can have wages of 300-350 million a year and it will be no where near a financial burden especially with turnover getting matchday revenues back, City had the highest last season in the PL and will be pretty close to £400 million a year with Grealish and Kane added.

If you want to be in contention or winning leagues and CL you have to spend on wages and spend big, no surprise the top ten highest club wages win these trophies, with Spurs being the anomaly of the top ten highest clubs,they never win those trophies and they have a low wage bill. I dont see what the problem is if you have high turnovers then you pay high wages.

Something Everton have to address long-term, season before covid turnover was 190 million with wages at 88% of turnover which is unhealthy financially.

The topic of discussion is not wages to turnover (which is a worthwhile but in this instance irrelevant discussion).

Liverpools wage bill is about 40-50m below Barcelona. Theres every chance they could fall below that in the fire sale this summer.

Either way, given Liverpools huge wage bill, top 3 in the world, to not win any trophies is a massive underachievement. You know that City would not tolerate it.

Again, no sources, just a bullshit claim. A cursory check on the internet reveals that we're about 7th or 8th in the world (and 4th in the prem).

https://www.givemesport.com/1677800-european-super-league-which-club-has-the-biggest-wage-bill

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

catcherintherye

They were in the past, what counts is pre season and beyond and what have we won compared to them this pre season?

57 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

One of them has corrected another of them on their bullshit and he's had two middle fingers stuck up at him but nobody replying back. They don't like their lies being pointed out 

EverTheOptimist

Player Valuation: £950k
Don't the RS have the highest wage bill in the league pal?

That's why your lot can't sign Henderson and already lost wjinaldum.

You must be getting nervous about that Salah contract.
From Google searches, City have had the highest for 18-19 19-20.

Seems their policy from ownership view is to let contracts run down, and not offer players approaching 30 or in 30s new lucrative contracts that eventually mostly look terrible, very American sports that way in getting players under you contracted and rewarded in their best prime seasons.

Last edited: Today at 5:49 PM

Be called a RS before long if he keeps that up

Evertonians obviously tolerate winning fuck all for decades.

I watched that Howard's Way* documentary for the second time last night. Quite a brilliant documentary. I was 14 when they won the league back in 85 and (at the time) i was very much of the mindset that if we didn't win anything then i hoped they did. Naive and young, blah blah blah, but it was a completely different mindset from the majority of both sets of fans pre-Heysel.  It even deals with Heysel reasonably sensibly as well (especially Southall).

What struck me on second viewing is how decent that team was, as people. Reid, Southall, Stevens, Steven, Heath etc all seemed like decent fellas. There was nobody in that team who you could really despise. It's mad how underrated Paul Bracewell was too. 

It's probably mainly nostalgia for that period of my life but i had no real negativity back then towards them. It's a shame that so many of them are absolute whoppers nowadays.

I've always maintained that our double in 86 was one of our finest achievements, especially when you consider we were up against a brilliant Everton team and still came out on top.  

*I watched the Kenny one straight after it to cleanse myself of these unclean thoughts. All is good. 

• Upvote 6

Catcher ..... 

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

I remember you were confused at what wages to turnover was last month, some other poster had to explain what it was.

No club is £40-£50 behind Barcelona's wage bill in 2020 lol, their wages are insane and not a first place they want to be.

These are the Wages from the 19-20 season, we cannot use the 20-21 season as turnover results won't be released until the new year at the earliest, these results come from actual turnover results from that season and are as accurate as can be, also should note some massive underachievement from United and Barcelona, top 2 in wages and no trophies in 19-20 season, Chelsea never won anything either that season, but every other club in the list won a trophy.
  • Barcelona – £438 million.
  • Manchester United – £332 million.
  • Manchester City – £315 million.
  • Real Madrid – £312 million.
  • Liverpool – £310 million.
  • Bayern Munich – £292 million.
  • Paris Saint-Germain – £290 million.
  • Chelsea – £285 million.
www.sportingferret.com

The Top 10 Highest Wage Bills In World Football

Spread the loveList of the World’s top 10 highest wage bills in club football The top 10 highest wage bills in world football for 2020 has been revealed. The recent wage bills of the World’s club football elite has been revealed via Companies House. Liverpool saw a 17.5% increase in their wage...
www.sportingferret.com www.sportingferret.com

I know what wages to turnover is mate, but it's just not relevant to the discussion. Feel free to show me where anyone told me what wages to turnover was. It was explained to me when I was at school so it would not have been on a football forum.

Those figures you are quoted are out too. Liverpools own audited accounts has their wage bill at over 330m. So unless they have fraudulently lied on their return (and got an accounts professional to lie) the numbers are out.

Manchester City are also higher, while Manchester United are lower.

I'm not sure why you are going to great lengths to tell us about why we would or wouldnt include a specific years accounting figures, or alternatively you seem confused about when the results are released or when you can compare wages. The wage totals will be included in the accounts, so speculating on what a seasons wages are before the accounts are announced is illogical.

More importantly though it's not a discussion about turnover. As I tried to explain to you previously, the wages to turnover ratio isnt relevant here to the topic of discussion. I'm not yet entirely sure you know what the wages to turnover ratio actually means, and why it would differ from ranking wage spend. Like you understand that just because Everton may have a higher wage to turnover ratio to say Manchester City, they dont spend more money on wages? You grasp that dont you?

Anyway, now that detour is done, when you go off actual numbers in accounts, not made up figures you have got, Liverpool are third highest in the world and got nowhere near winning any trophy. A truly pathetic performance for a club that spent so much money really.

catcherintherye

Looks like @catcherintherye is right.

Aside from Barca, once Liverpool hand out these contract extensions they will have the highest wage bill in world football.

Pretty good going to win nothing.

I know I'm right mate, as I understand what wages are, what wages to turnover is, and why if you are ranking gross wage spend there would be no need to bring turnover into the discussion. @EverTheOptimist doesnt seem to be able to comprehend this quite straightforward point, and I'm not sure actually understands the difference between wages and wages to turnover and that the two things are different (he seems to clumsily use them interchangeably). He also doesn't seem to realise the salary of the organisation will be included in the audited accounts and will correlate to the turnover, and that you dont find them at different times.

This is all fairly basic accountancy but seems to have passed him by.

As for Liverpool, there is every chance with the extensions they could get close to Barcelona, especially if they reduce their salary which they need to. Unlike your average Kopite, I dont actually say things that are untrue, and will do a bit of rudimentary research before making a point, rather than just spouting off.

And whats this? Didn't I see that we were the worst affected team in the league to do wrong VAR decisions? They really are fucking nutcases.

d34noj

Player Valuation: £40m
Carra lar and the rest of the RS vermin will be fuming at the supposed changes to var...
Contact must be enough to make a foul...
Fouls will not be given when their is contact and the players exaggerate in order to try and get a decision...

That's 2/3's of their goals wiped off then.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

And whats this? Didn't I see that we were the worst affected team in the league to do wrong VAR decisions? They really are fucking nutcases.

d34noj

Player Valuation: £40m
Carra lar and the rest of the RS vermin will be fuming at the supposed changes to var...
Contact must be enough to make a foul...
Fouls will not be given when their is contact and the players exaggerate in order to try and get a decision...

That's 2/3's of their goals wiped off then.

They are the cult not us. Believe any old shite.

Catcher is 100% fucking clueless you just know he talks to himself in the mirror. He would be a brilliant politician talk absolute shite, lie and when pulled insult others intelligence. And all while completely ignoring he is always wrong and needs medical help, the obsolete diseased scrote that he is. 

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Someone needs to show that Catcher tit these figures from Swiss Ramble and ask him what the issue is with Liverpool’s wage bill. The reason our wage bill was so high was due to bonuses paid for winning the CL and then the PL.

B7C611DC-A92B-451E-836A-E7BFC1125702.jpeg

The cunt seems to think our wage bill figures refer to last season when we didnt win the league or a trophy. The thick cunt doesnt realise the figures reflect the season the title was won and the accounts are for season 2019-20!

And if the thick cunt doesnt understand their wages to turnover ratio is significant higher than ours, well, he's a thick cunt.