You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Favourable fixtures? So the current English champions and the current European champions in the opening 7 fixtures. Right. 

Honestly, I am beginning to think catcher is a red on a wind up. 

And they have signed  who ?? I sometimes think they live in another dimension.

• Upvote 1

Just seen a Worldwide football Facebook page that says Pierluigi Collina has been voted the best referee of all time. 

Checked the comments and not surprisingly they are full of Evertonians calling him a cheat and a corrupt twat. 

All of them seem to be convinced that he took a bribe to stop Everton progressing into the CL. Even though they lost both legs 2-1. Fucking tits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

davek

Player Valuation: £80m
Yes great points on both and spot on as usual.

On the 1st point, this is the difficulty of the PL and in essence why FSG were the big players in the ESL (along with United to a degree, who lets face Liverpool are merely servile lapdogs for). The long terms trends are already that City and Chelsea are dominating English football, and move forward another 10 years, that's where it's heading. They must look at Arsenal are now and fear it's where they end up. To a degree we are hit with similar pressures but in a different way. if we played in Germany, we are probably in the CL regularly now, on account of being able to muscle in financially. It's one of the peculiarities of what is happening.

I actually think their plan was to press the re-set. They gave Klopp a season or 2 longer with the squad than they hoped, but he has thrown them under the bus last summer (before very quickly winding his neck in). But they've let a squad grow old together and a lot of the value has gone.

As for this academy, I must admit I have no idea where that even came from. They are not renowned for an academy and haven't been for about 25 years. They went nearly 2 decades without bringing through a single player who made 50 league games. City and Chelsea are known as big talent producers. Then you have like a United who don't have the same talent but have brilliant pathways. They have neither. They go on about that Curtis Jones, he's another poor mans Mctominay or whatever. They throw huge sums of money (agents fees, wages and sign on fees) at young players, and barring the occasional eye catching sale (always well below the reported value) it is mainly money down the drain.

I think FSG were sensible going for a re-set, but as you say the two big problems with that are if you end up re-setting below 3/4th. Once you start falling beyond that, it starts to become very difficult to fight your way back in consistently. They also completely lose the fans as well, who are completely unrealistic about their club. They view them as some sort of domestic super club. They are a team who have won 1 title, in very dubious conditions in 32 years. It's 0 leagues in 31 years in normal seasons that don't have a 4 month break and aren't played in July. That's their level now. They are not a City, a Chelsea a United in size. They're not even an Arsenal in all honesty who won 3 leagues in a short space of time.

Those unrealistic expectations they have will be petrol on the fire if they have a period of consolidation, and could make what could be a period of needed re-adjustment into one of crisis (as happened under Hodgson, where they nearly bankrupted their own club) with reckless spending.
FSG's other main asset, the Red Sox, have been allowed to peak and fall away and then rebuild again to make an assault on the top - they aren't alarmed at that, because even in the fallow period they retain their commercial pulling power. That seems to be the corporate philosophy.

I dont see any urgency from the top at Liverpool to fight back to the peak. The incomings and outgoings this summer underlines Liverpool will be allowed to coast along for another season if need be. And Id also throw in that the reaction against FSG from outside and inside the club will have placed a strain on that organisation operating holistically.

All is not well there. They'll fight the way they usually do in all competitions, but essentially they're in the doldrums IMO.

I know we have a laugh on here at our nutty neighbours but that is some of the most disturbing shit i have read. Bitterness/hatred/mental illness whatever it is is eating this twat cannot be healthy, go for a walk mate, pat a dog or something for Fucks's sake. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Just now, index1000 said:

I know we have a laugh on here at our nutty neighbours but that is some of the most disturbing shit i have read. Bitterness/hatred/mental illness whatever it is is eating this twat cannot be healthy, go for a walk mate, pat a dog or something for Fucks's sake. 

It would rip his fucking face off 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

FSG were the big players behind the ESL? And also, at the same time, manage to be servile lap dogs to Utd? Beside the massive irony, how the fuck does that even make sense?

You’re looking for logic where there is only collective insanity.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

FSG were the big players behind the ESL? And also, at the same time, manage to be servile lap dogs to Utd? Beside the massive irony, how the fuck does that even make sense?

Someone was calling him a cunt on Twitter and he repeated about ten times that Liverpool agreed to be Man Utds servile lapdogs and put it on the club website. No one had a clue what he was on about and he never backed it up with any evidence.

Laughable that an evertonian says we are the mancs lapdog when they regularly buy their shit players, sell them their best players and said that Moyes earned the right to manage a big club when he left Everton.  They regularly celebrated their title wins, gave Alex Ferguson a standing ovation when he left early from one of the games and invited their fans into their pubs whilst letting them put up anti scouse banners. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Someone was calling him a cunt on Twitter and he repeated about ten times that Liverpool agreed to be Man Utds servile lapdogs and put it on the club website. No one had a clue what he was on about and he never backed it up with any evidence.

Laughable that an evertonian says we are the mancs lapdog when they regularly buy their shit players, sell them their best players and said that Moyes earned the right to manage a big club when he left Everton.  They regularly celebrated their title wins, gave Alex Ferguson a standing ovation when he left early from one of the games and invited their fans into their pubs whilst letting them put up anti scouse banners. 

I think what he's referring to was our statement for joining the ESL on our website did not have any quotes from Boston and just had quotes from one the the Glazers. We used the glazers to help justify our actions.

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

I think what he's referring too was our statement for joining the ESL on our website did not have any quotes from Boston and just had quotes from one the the Glazers. We used the glazers to help justify our actions.

You're probably right but that just sounds like them covering their own arses. Bit of a leap to "servile lap dog".

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

davek

Player Valuation: £80m
Yes great points on both and spot on as usual.

On the 1st point, this is the difficulty of the PL and in essence why FSG were the big players in the ESL (along with United to a degree, who lets face Liverpool are merely servile lapdogs for). The long terms trends are already that City and Chelsea are dominating English football, and move forward another 10 years, that's where it's heading. They must look at Arsenal are now and fear it's where they end up. To a degree we are hit with similar pressures but in a different way. if we played in Germany, we are probably in the CL regularly now, on account of being able to muscle in financially. It's one of the peculiarities of what is happening.

I actually think their plan was to press the re-set. They gave Klopp a season or 2 longer with the squad than they hoped, but he has thrown them under the bus last summer (before very quickly winding his neck in). But they've let a squad grow old together and a lot of the value has gone.

As for this academy, I must admit I have no idea where that even came from. They are not renowned for an academy and haven't been for about 25 years. They went nearly 2 decades without bringing through a single player who made 50 league games. City and Chelsea are known as big talent producers. Then you have like a United who don't have the same talent but have brilliant pathways. They have neither. They go on about that Curtis Jones, he's another poor mans Mctominay or whatever. They throw huge sums of money (agents fees, wages and sign on fees) at young players, and barring the occasional eye catching sale (always well below the reported value) it is mainly money down the drain.

I think FSG were sensible going for a re-set, but as you say the two big problems with that are if you end up re-setting below 3/4th. Once you start falling beyond that, it starts to become very difficult to fight your way back in consistently. They also completely lose the fans as well, who are completely unrealistic about their club. They view them as some sort of domestic super club. They are a team who have won 1 title, in very dubious conditions in 32 years. It's 0 leagues in 31 years in normal seasons that don't have a 4 month break and aren't played in July. That's their level now. They are not a City, a Chelsea a United in size. They're not even an Arsenal in all honesty who won 3 leagues in a short space of time.

Those unrealistic expectations they have will be petrol on the fire if they have a period of consolidation, and could make what could be a period of needed re-adjustment into one of crisis (as happened under Hodgson, where they nearly bankrupted their own club) with reckless spending.
FSG's other main asset, the Red Sox, have been allowed to peak and fall away and then rebuild again to make an assault on the top - they aren't alarmed at that, because even in the fallow period they retain their commercial pulling power. That seems to be the corporate philosophy.

I dont see any urgency from the top at Liverpool to fight back to the peak. The incomings and outgoings this summer underlines Liverpool will be allowed to coast along for another season if need be. And Id also throw in that the reaction against FSG from outside and inside the club will have placed a strain on that organisation operating holistically.

All is not well there. They'll fight the way they usually do in all competitions, but essentially they're in the doldrums IMO.

I hope I have a decent shit in the morning