You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

'Just because we are (supposedly) signing these players now doesn't mean we won't sign quality later in the window.'

Yes, it does, you total jersey.

Rafa is cutting his cloth according to his coat. Three transfers on the cards and two are frees and one is buttons at £1.5M. Get used to it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Aren't they supposed to be trying to offload shit and not acquire more of it? 

They have Richarlison and either Bernard or Iowbi to play wide. Both of these will be at least a upgrade on Bernard. And they could likely sell both for and bring in 15-20ml that will fund more. 

Neither are world beaters, but two british players to fill quotas. Townsend has played  nearly 250 top flight games. For a side looking at getting into Europe who won't have much money to spare with a stadium to pay for i dont see a issue with signing these two for 1.5ml

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Likes a bit of handbags, does DCL. Bet you he has a red one but won’t dare post a picture of it.

E6ltLtTWYAc1RZs?format=jpg&name=large

E6ltLtXXMAQV_Fz?format=jpg&name=large

My word he’s an absolute bute but I’d love us to sign him. A proper number 9 who would score a Gucci bag full of goals with Robbo & trent putting crosses onto his head. Imagine the fume. Can see him at Spurs though if sir Harry leaves.

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They have Richarlison and either Bernard or Iowbi to play wide. Both of these will be at least a upgrade on Bernard. And they could likely sell both for and bring in 15-20ml that will fund more. 

Neither are world beaters, but two british players to fill quotas. Townsend has played  nearly 250 top flight games. For a side looking at getting into Europe who won't have much money to spare with a stadium to pay for i dont see a issue with signing these two for 1.5ml

Personally I think they're the type of player you go for if you've just got promoted and are hoping for a bit of experience around the club of being in a bit of a dog fight. I agree they'll help with quotas. But so would I. 

Gray makes more sense than Townsend though.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, angie said:

My word he’s an absolute bute but I’d love us to sign him. A proper number 9 who would score a Gucci bag full of goals with Robbo & trent putting crosses onto his head. Imagine the fume. Can see him at Spurs though if sir Harry leaves.

Can't see him going to Spurs, its not much more than a sideways step really. That stadium will be a millstone round their neck for years. He will wait for a bigger club imho. Can see Utd if they can't get Kane taking him next year

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Here we go! Gylfi Sigurdsson to HMP Walton. Deal confirmed between Everton and Her Majesty’s Prison Service. Sentence just needs to be decided, HM looking to sign him for 4 years player only wants 2

Says Sara Tancredi Palmeri (Prison Break reference there).

Thoughts and prayers with them after the Townsend news.

I'm still absolutely amazed that there are clubs out there with all the money and data and scouts, and the best that they can recommend for a bit of cheapish depth is the guy who shoots from 40 yards every time he gets the ball. You'd almost certainly be better off just playing some random Championship-level player from their youth team.