You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

He was a fucking waster. Easily the worst signing in our history. 

I hated the cunt. 

That’s a big claim. It’s a no from me. I’d have to think who though. Aquilani is a shout. Joe Cole. Poulsen. Konfuckingcheskey.

Carroll was bad, but he showed his talent in flashes amongst the shit. The others listed there did less than fuck all. Markovic. Fucking hell

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, belarus said:

That’s a big claim. It’s a no from me. I’d have to think who though. Aquilani is a shout. Joe Cole. Poulsen. Konfuckingcheskey.

Carroll was bad, but he showed his talent in flashes amongst the shit. The others listed there did less than fuck all. Markovic. Fucking hell

You have to take into account cost as well though. 

26 minutes ago, belarus said:

You have to take into account cost as well though. 

1 hour ago, belarus said:

None of these were anywhere near the most expensive player we'd ever signed, though.

35m in that market is like 90m today. If you signed a striker today for 90m and he went on to score 6 goals for the club, it's a total disaster, it doesn't matter that one of those goals helped us win a semi-final. Even Di Maria and Pepe, the worst signings of the last few years in the league, had better records than that.

Konchesky was a worse player than Carroll, sure, but he cost us peanuts. There's no comparison - Carroll is easily the worst signing in our history. The only ones who even come close are Benteke and Acquilani, and maybe Downing.

16 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

None of these were anywhere near the most expensive player we'd ever signed, though.

35m in that market is like 90m today. If you signed a striker today for 90m and he went on to score 6 goals for the club, it's a total disaster, it doesn't matter that one of those goals helped us win a semi-final. Even Di Maria and Pepe, the worst signings of the last few years in the league, had better records than that.

Konchesky was a worse player than Carroll, sure, but he cost us peanuts. There's no comparison - Carroll is easily the worst signing in our history. The only ones who even come close are Benteke and Acquilani, and maybe Downing.

Naby Keita is doing his best to join that group of shit signings. £58m was it for a lazy perma-crock?

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

Villagers apparently used a host of items to repel him; such as:

Holy water

Garlic

Crosses

Trophies

Early indications are that is was attempted murder as he stopped biting when the blood came out red. Unconfirmed but likely reports that he was a local taxi driver. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Wouldn't say Carroll is worse than Downing or Aqualani and a good chance Keita surpasses the lot. 

We got half of Carrolls fee back and West Ham took on his wages during the loan. 

We got pennies on the Aqualani deal at a time we had no money,similar with Downing. And right now we'd be lucky to get half Keitas fee back and we'd end up giving h a pay off. Thats if he doesn't end up walking away for a nominal fee or on a free in two years. 

Keita has won the European Cup and Premier League. He played a part in both, no one who played for that side can enter the picture for worst signing ever. Even if his contribution was just to make Gini play better it still counts as a contribution. 

Carroll absolutely destroyed us at St James Park either the season we signed him or the one before. Proper men and against boys stuff, the was at least some justification in signing him. The fact he turned out to not give a shit about staying fit is unfortunate but not enough to give him the worst signing title. That has to go to Paul Fucking Konchesky. This cunt played and trained under the other cunt for a few years, every day the cunt got to see how shit this cunt was and he still signed the fucking cunt. Unforgivable signing.  Horrible player in horrible times.

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Early indications are that is was attempted murder as he stopped biting when the blood came out red. Unconfirmed but likely reports that he was a local taxi driver. 

Hahahahaha

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Hahaha they're all vampires down at Woodison. They must also take a risk with the amount of wood for potential stakings.

35 minutes ago, Stickman said:

It is now they’ve just signed this guy 

E6cE8xPXsAIn2qe?format=jpg&name=medium

I was initially irritated by Americans hosting another competition and then declaring the winner as the best in the world. Then I remembered its about laying some fucking bricks and who gives a shit. 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

Keita has won the European Cup and Premier League. He played a part in both, no one who played for that side can enter the picture for worst signing ever. Even if his contribution was just to make Gini play better it still counts as a contribution. 

Carroll absolutely destroyed us at St James Park either the season we signed him or the one before. Proper men and against boys stuff, the was at least some justification in signing him. The fact he turned out to not give a shit about staying fit is unfortunate but not enough to give him the worst signing title. That has to go to Paul Fucking Konchesky. This cunt played and trained under the other cunt for a few years, every day the cunt got to see how shit this cunt was and he still signed the fucking cunt. Unforgivable signing.  Horrible player in horrible times.

Yeah and then wasn’t it his mum who slagged Liverpool fans off too.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

And that’s absolute fucking pish! 

Well if was by me,coming from behind,

A late winner in a semi final against our local rivals with a 3rd choice keeper,I failed to notice the people around shaking their heads saying 'I hate that geordie twat'

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I was initially irritated by Americans hosting another competition and then declaring the winner as the best in the world. Then I remembered its about laying some fucking bricks and who gives a shit. 

The other American aspect is the identification of "fastest" with "best"... 

If you want to look at the price tag alone he would probally be up there with acqualni and Diouf.

In terms of acting like a cunt he is light years behind the likes of Diouf and ruddock.

You could fill a book with the players who contributed less on the field, practically everyone souness bought for a start.

59 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Well if was by me,coming from behind,

A late winner in a semi final against our local rivals with a 3rd choice keeper,I failed to notice the people around shaking their heads saying 'I hate that geordie twat'

The funniest part of that was Fellaini looking up in the air for the ball as it nestled in the corner of the net.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The funniest part of that was Fellaini looking up in the air for the ball as it nestled in the corner of the net.

To me..that was one of those days which makes you realise why you love footy.

Bloos crowing all week,weakened team,behind at half time ,then boom.

Comong out if that ground  was utterly magical.

They still go on now how they sat back in the 2and,we absolutely destroyed them.

11 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Carroll was a waste of money, stupid Comolli blinked and we ended up spunking £35m on him.

I don't even think you can blame comolli. FSG knew politically that they couldn't be seen to make a profit in that 1st window and with Babel and Torres leaving, they needed to bring in replacements. They are on record of saying they felt they got 15m more than their valuation Torres, so we're happy to spend that 15m on Carrol, who the club valued at 20m. It was a situation where the owners were new (and maybe at that point didn't even know the ball was round), comolli was new and Kenny while not exactly new was coming back into the game in a meaningful way. Carrol had undoubted talent, just being professional wasn't included in his skill set. I think considering the entire set of circumstances, it was an understandable transfer. He gave some high moments and with the loan fee and ultimate transfer fee, was not a massive loss. When you consider the careers of Babel and Torres after they left us and look at we got Suarez and Carrol in return, I think we can't complain at all on those deals in a window that probably arrived too soon for everyone at the club at the time. 

• Upvote 1