You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon it was the Suarez episode. 

That definitely didn’t help! 

But Downing, Carroll and Adam were all fucking shite and they cost a bomb combined. 

If he’s putting forward more names like that (can’t remember the names off the top of my head but they were all completely underwhelming) then you could see their reluctance. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon it was the Suarez episode. 

But Downing, Carroll and Adam were all fucking shite and they cost a bomb combined. 

If he’s putting forward more names like that (can’t remember the names off the top of my head but they were all completely underwhelming) then you could see their reluctance. 

38 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’m convinced it was the signings (and names he put forward as future signings) that cost Kenny his job. 

I don't think they ever wanted him as manager beyond the six months. They gave him the job as they knew it would go down well. They hoped he would be okay but nothing more and could step aside. He found a system that worked really well and rightly deserved the job long term (they couldn't have possibly pulled the plug then).

Then as soon as we had a poor league finish they ignored the cups, which they didn't give a fuck about anyway, ignored the context of absurd bad luck re hitting the post so much etc, and binned him off.

Admittedly those signings didn't help. It's so disappointing that Kenny didn't just build on the system that had worked so well for the first six months. However, he wasn't helped by most of our forwards - Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, not having much left in them by that point. 

15 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Kenny wasn't solely responsible for signings though Commoli was the main man (and that is why he lost his job). And while Carrol was shite (and my understanding of that is it was pretty much on Kenny because shearer had told him and comolli he was the real deal), there was a Suarez - who Kenny had been scouting when he was in his previous role. I think not getting top 4 and the Suarez thing is what cost him, but if we'd have finished 4th and won the fa cup, I reckon they'd have still sacked him because of the Suarez t-shirt thing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't think they ever wanted him as manager beyond the six months. They gave him the job as they knew it would go down well. They hoped he would be okay but nothing more and could step aside. He found a system that worked really well and rightly deserved the job long term (they couldn't have possibly pulled the plug then).

Then as soon as we had a poor league finish they ignored the cups, which they didn't give a fuck about anyway, ignored the context of absurd bad luck re hitting the post so much etc, and binned him off.

Admittedly those signings didn't help. It's so disappointing that Kenny didn't just build on the system that had worked so well for the first six months. However, he wasn't helped by most of our forwards - Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, not having much left in them by that point. 

Yeah, that’s all fair points too. 

We were playing great, fluid attacking football and then he tried recreating Blackburn MkII and it went to shit. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Yeah, that’s all fair points too. 

We were playing great, fluid attacking football and then he tried recreating Blackburn MkII and it went to shit. 

Didnt he have Shearer and sutton at Blackburn?

The strange thing about Carroll was that he had never really gone for that type of striker before.

I'll always defend Kenmys 2nd reign but the one thing I'll never get was why he didnt start him in that cup final.He had a proper purple patch at that time and changed the game when he came on.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Comillli was the dof.Without a shadow of a doubt he played an integral role in who we bought.

And if Kenny gets the shit for downing and co,he gets the credit for Suarez and Henderson.

• Upvote 1

Carrol changed hat cup final when he came on. He was a powerhouse. Shame he was shite for the most of his games. Out of his 6 goals for us, 2 came against City, one against the shite in the semi and one in the cup final (the second was in but disallowed). Piss head. 

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He was a fucking waster. Easily the worst signing in our history. 

I hated the cunt. 

There were countless worse signings 

The fee was ridiculous because of what we got for Suarez. 

He had all the attributes to be a great player..shame he was a piss head.

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

There were countless worse signings 

The fee was ridiculous because of what we got for Suarez. 

He had all the attributes to be a great player..shame he was a piss head.

Torres*

And that’s irrelevant, we should have spent that money so much better. 

28 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Torres*

Mate Suarez was worth 3 time what we paid for him. In todays money he would be the most expensive player on the planet the way he played for the next 3 seasons for us. 

Carroll isn't in our top 5 worst signings. Not even top 10 for me. 

37 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Torres*

Course we should have but like I said before if dalglish gets the full blame for Carroll.which he shouldn't do,he should get the full credit for our current captain aswell as Suarez 

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Course we should have but like I said before if dalglish gets the full blame for Carroll.which he shouldn't do,he should get the full credit for our current captain aswell as Suarez 

I don’t mind who gets the credit or criticism. 

My hatred of Carroll will never diminish. 

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Mario Balotelli would say hello, if he could bother his fat lazy arse.

Acqualini?

I also think it's a bit unfair to look just at how much someone cost. 

If you look at the players themselves, carroll would be no where the top.

He was shite but he gave me one of my happiest memories ever.

People who care nothing for the cups were clearly not at that semi final.

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

I don’t mind who gets the credit or criticism. 

My hatred of Carroll will never diminish. 

Personally I'd rather despise an utterly despicable cunt like Diouf. 

Carroll was an expensive flop who scored one of the most celebrated goals ever.

I don't hate him in the slightest.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Arniepie said:

Personally I'd rather despise an utterly despicable cunt like Diouf. 

Carroll was an expensive flop who scored one of the most celebrated goals ever.

I don't hate him in the slightest.

A cunt who was our record signing who would rather go get pissed than try and get fit can fuck right off. 

Useless lazy fucking cunt.